Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist skipping

hi,my Spotify won’t play my playlist. It plays about 10-15 seconds and then skips onto songs I don’t know/don’t have on any playlist, and proceeds to skip songs every 10/15 seconds. It will not play a song in its entirety. I’ve tried all the troubles...

• Casual Listener
  • hi, my Spotify won’t play my playlist. It plays about 10-15 seconds and then skips onto songs I don’t know/don’t have on any playlist, and proceeds to skip songs every 10/15 seconds. It will not pla...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Alexa can’t play spotify on Sony WH-1000XM4

PlanPremium CountrySpain DeviceIphone Xr Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or Issue I have iphone x and alexa app. I have linked alexa with my spotify premium account. But when i say “Alexa, play spotify” i ALWAYS get “I can’t play spotify on th...

• Gig Goer
  •   Plan Premium   Country Spain   Device Iphone Xr   Operating System (iOS 14.4)   My Question or Issue   I have iphone x and alexa app. I have linked alex...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Alexa
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops when switch to WhatsApp

hey Spotifyers, I’ve a problem,as the title says my Spotify app stops the music when switching to WhatsApp! (Inside the Messaging List!). Problem is reproducible on my:• Jabra 75t Elite wireless earbuds • Home speaker: blaupunkt wirelessive notice th...

• Regular
  • hey Spotifyers, I’ve a problem, as the title says my Spotify app stops the music when switching to WhatsApp! (Inside the Messaging List!).  Problem is reproducible on my: • Jabra 75t Elite wi...
  • Iwanchek01
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution When listening to a song's radio, is there a way to dislike certain songs?

I started a radio for this song (Sash! --- The Secret): https://open.spotify.com/track/1NgFLvzTicCcTVDjF7jpSL?si=drry1T-6SymtpzC-ge2xCw After a while, another mix of this song that I don't like started playing from the radio (Sash! --- The Secret - R...

• Regular
  • I started a radio for this song (Sash! --- The Secret):    https://open.spotify.com/track/1NgFLvzTicCcTVDjF7jpSL?si=drry1T-6SymtpzC-ge2xCw   After a while, another mix of this song...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does my music stop playing at 10 seconds?

I am a premium user and when I play my music on my cellular data it stops playing at 10 seconds this doesn't happen when I have wi-fi though. The only way I have gotten it to work was to turn off the wi-fi and cellular data on my phone and shuffle pl...

• Visitor
  • I am a premium user and when I play my music on my cellular data it stops playing at 10 seconds this doesn't happen when I have wi-fi though. The only way I have gotten it to work was to turn off the...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Favourite artists disappeared

LS, For a while now my favourite artists keep disappearing. I have/had a very long list there and often when I use the app on my mobile there just aren't any there. Sometimes the list is back, only to be gone when I check back later. It's very annoyi...

• Casual Listener
  • LS,   For a while now my favourite artists keep disappearing. I have/had a very long list there and often when I use the app on my mobile there just aren't any there. Sometimes the list is bac...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Losing connection between iPhone and MacBook Pro

Working on a MacBook Pro (MacOS Catalina), 2020 and iPhone SE. Spotify works great on both devices, however, I'm using the iPhone to control Spotify on by MacBook. I connect them by opening Spotify on the MacBook and then the iPhone syncs with the co...

• Working on a MacBook Pro (MacOS Catalina), 2020 and iPhone SE. Spotify works great on both devices, however, I'm using the iPhone to control Spotify on by MacBook. I connect them by opening Spotify o...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files un-downloading

I've been using the local files system for a few years now and at the beginning it ran pretty smoothly. The system I use is downloading the songs I want to Dropbox, selecting the songs from the Local Files page on my desktop Spotify app, and adding t...

• I've been using the local files system for a few years now and at the beginning it ran pretty smoothly. The system I use is downloading the songs I want to Dropbox, selecting the songs from the Local...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    local files
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Not being able to play downloaded songs

Please help with this issue, I face on my iPhone 6s Plus iOS 14.3. I face a playing issue where an available downloaded song won’t play, it’ll just open and not play! This happens with 5 to 20 specific songs only, some other times I add a queue of so...

• Visitor
  • Please help with this issue, I face on my iPhone 6s Plus iOS 14.3.  I face a playing issue where an available downloaded song won’t play, it’ll just open and not play! This happens with 5 to 20...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify relies only on fast connection

Almost every second song that i wish to listen is not playing (stuck at 0:00)Offline play hardly works many songs won’t play. (also has No effect when setting to Offline mode.)When song get stuck at 0:00 i have to manually skip to another (it won’t s...

• Regular
  • Almost every second song that i wish to listen is not playing (stuck at 0:00) Offline play hardly works many songs won’t play. (also has No effect when setting to Offline mode.) When song get stuck...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify adding to Screen Time report from CarPlay Use

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 12 MiniOperating SystemiOS 14.3, Spotify 8.5.94 My Question or IssueI've noticed since the most recent Spotify update that my iOS Screen Time report is increasing when I am using the Spotify app in Apple Ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 12 Mini Operating System iOS 14.3, Spotify 8.5.94   My Question or Issue I've noticed since the most recent Spotify update that my iOS ...
  • seahecks
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Car Play
    Screen Time
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps crashing on iOS

So everytime I’ve gone to listen to music the app starts crashing forcing me to unlock my phone and reopen the app its so annoying and I’m over it can you please please please fix Spotify it’s also been draining my battery to quite a bit and I’m real...

• Casual Listener
  • So everytime I’ve gone to listen to music the app starts crashing forcing me to unlock my phone and reopen the app its so annoying and I’m over it can you please please please fix Spotify it’s also b...
  • Novy
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify does not play from Apple Watch

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceApple Watch 6 CellularOperating SystemWatchOS 7.3 My Question or IssueI just bought a Apple Watch.Every time I want to choose the Watch as the device to stream from, the watch symbol only blinks and never connects. I r...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Apple Watch 6 Cellular Operating System WatchOS 7.3   My Question or Issue I just bought a Apple Watch. Every time I want to choose the Wat...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Spotify no longer working using Siri

Hi Folks, I just updated Spotify. However, the update has caused The apple watch to longer fully work with the “on Spotify” command through Siri (on the watch only). For example, if you as it to play a song “on Spotify” on the watch the app will open...

• Visitor
  • Hi Folks, I just updated Spotify. However, the update has caused The apple watch to longer fully work with the “on Spotify” command through Siri (on the watch only). For example, if you as it to play...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect problems after lots of troubleshooting

PlanPremium FamilyCountryIrelandDeviceiPhone 12 Pro, android tablet, sonosOperating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueI have a sonos S1 system which comprises 5 older connect amps connected to ceiling speakers, one newer Sonos amplifier and one Sono...

• Regular
  •     Plan Premium Family Country Ireland Device iPhone 12 Pro, android tablet, sonos Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue I have a sonos S1 system which comprise...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify connect on IOS not showing all Sonos zones

On IOS 14.4 Some Sonos devices are not always visible in Sonos Connect across the home network. Sonos devices are all hardwired and not attached to the same network hubs. Always see all zones in Sonos app on IOS.Windows 10 Spotify app can always see ...

• Regular
  • On IOS 14.4 Some Sonos devices are not always visible in Sonos Connect across the home network. Sonos devices are all hardwired and not attached to the same network hubs. Always see all zones  i...
  • RichardInce
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer db range?

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone XsOperating SystemiOS 14.3QuestionDoes anyone know what is the max db range of the Spotify equalizer? For example, Deezer has a max db range of 12 db and I'd like to know what it is for Spotify. I'm trying to make...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone Xs Operating System iOS 14.3 Question Does anyone know what is the max db range of the Spotify equalizer? For example, Deezer has a max db range of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Issues with CarPlay (Still not resolved)

*Not a duplicate issue*Updated* Required Information:Plan - PremiumCountry - USA, PADevice - Phone XOperating System -iOS 14.4 Carplay Headunit - Sony XAV-AX5000 (Firmware Ver. 1.04)Connection Type - Wired (Apple Lighting Cable to USB) Troubleshootin...

• Roadie
  • *Not a duplicate issue* Updated*   Required Information: Plan - Premium Country - USA, PA Device - Phone X Operating System -iOS 14.4  Carplay Headunit - Sony XAV-AX5...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Homepage not working as promised

PremiumOperating System(iOS 14) My Question or IssueThis here is what Spotify's new homepage supposed to do: "As you may notice throughout your day, the screen and content change along with your schedule, welcoming you with a “Good morning” and trans...

• Regular
  • Premium Operating System (iOS 14)   My Question or Issue This here is what Spotify's new homepage supposed to do: "As you may notice throughout your day, the screen and content change alo...
  • Kai89
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files are not showing or playing

I’ve uploaded my songs into Spotify through local files, and added it to a separate playlist, and I have also downloaded it on both of my devices. but when I do try to play these songs on my phone, it doesn’t show up nor when I try to switch between ...

1BA98AD4-CCBF-4F07-9243-72E525927D00.jpeg 38B0609C-5751-4248-85A6-1F69B4BF4FEB.png 72E99DAA-DD1C-45A4-932A-24209800098A.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I’ve uploaded my songs into Spotify through local files, and added it to a separate playlist, and I have also downloaded it on both of my devices.  but when I do try to play these song...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes