Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Local files album art not showing on iPhone

DeviceiPhone XR, Windows PC Operating System(iOS 14.4, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI searched a lot for the answer of my question, but they're all old question and I can't seem to find the solving. Yes, I tried everything. The same connection, pu...

• Visitor
  • Device iPhone XR, Windows PC   Operating System (iOS 14.4, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I searched a lot for the answer of my question, but they're all old question and I can't...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App using data/is online with mobile data despite data for the app being turned off

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1App version8.5.65.787 My Question or IssueI noticed today that the Spotify app has started using mobile data when not on WiFi, despite having turned mobile data off for the app in my ...

• Plan Premium Country Germany  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.5.1 App version 8.5.65.787   My Question or Issue I noticed today that the Spotify app has started using m...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Imessage extension

PlanPremium familyCountryRomaniaDeviceIphone xs maxOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueI just switched from apple music to spotify. I had spotify free in the past but i bought yesterday the premium family plan. In the past i know that there wa...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium family Country Romania Device Iphone xs max Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue I just switched from apple music to spotify. I had spotify free in the p...
  • mihneazara
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs Shuffled

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemiOS 14.4 My Question or IssueFor some reason all songs on Spotify are shuffled and I didn’t even shuffle them. So how do I turn off shuffle so no songs shuffle?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device iPhone 10 Operating System iOS 14.4   My Question or Issue For some reason all songs on Spotify are shuffled and I didn’t even shuffle th...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with iPhone and BMW Connected Drive

I have a 2016 BMW 340 with BMW Connected Drive. Connected Drive is the predecessor of Apple CarPlay. It was an app designed by BMW to allow connectivity to a select group of applications on your phone. I am having the same connectivity issues with BM...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 2016 BMW 340 with BMW Connected Drive.  Connected Drive is the predecessor of Apple CarPlay.  It was an app designed by BMW to allow connectivity to a select group of applications ...
  • Details_Matter
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • BMW
    Connect
    Connected Drive
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Re: New Your Library test (iOS only)

I'm not one of the new Library testers, and the Library is not functioning properly. I added albums to my Library using the Windows desktop app, but they don't show up in the Library list on my iPhone. If I go to the added album on my iPhone, it show...

• Roadie
  • I'm not one of the new Library testers, and the Library is not functioning properly. I added albums to my Library using the Windows desktop app, but they don't show up in the Library list on my iPhon...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify suddenly stopped playings saved songs

Plan PremiumCountry US Device12 Pro MaxOperating System14.2.1 My Question or Issue new phone, settings transferred from old phone, for years I have used downloaded songs to sleep with all night but now Spotify eventually stops playing every time with...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device 12 Pro Max Operating System 14.2.1   My Question or Issue   new phone, settings transferred from old phone, for years I have used downlo...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes when moving songs in queue

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemIOS 14.3 My Question or IssueEvery time I try to move songs in the queue the app crashes. I have tried restarting my phone and the quick clean reinstall but those did not work. I have also tried it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System IOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Every time I try to move songs in the queue the app crashes. I have tried restarting my phone...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Some songs randomly wont play

Plan - premiumCountry - USADevice - iPhone 12 proOperating System - iOS 14.3 Sometimes I'll press on a song and it just won't play. It will turn green and the play button will switch to pause as though it's playing, but no sound. Later on it might ma...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan - premium Country - USA Device - iPhone 12 pro Operating System - iOS 14.3   Sometimes I'll press on a song and it just won't play. It will turn green and the play button wil...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to use Apple Watch Spotify App using Data, not using iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceAPPLE WATCH 6 LTEOperating SystemWATCH OS 7 My Question or IssueHi I have read about new functionality which allows the apple watch to play Spotify using data alone, so you don't need to bring an iPhone around when listening...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device APPLE WATCH 6 LTE Operating System WATCH OS 7   My Question or Issue Hi    I have read about new functionality which allows the apple...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to find podcasts on my iPhone nor my Desktop

PlanPremiumCountryEgyptDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.2) My Question or IssueI am unable to find podcasts on my iPhone app nor on my desktop, how to solve that issue?

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Egypt Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue I am unable to find podcasts on my iPhone app nor on my desktop, how to solve that issu...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Auto play not working

PlanPremium Duo CountryUSA Device(iPhone Xr & IPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 14.3 & 13.7 respectively) My Question or IssueAutoplay has stopped working when the end of an album or song has been reached. I can get it to work again by turning off auto ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Duo  Country USA  Device (iPhone Xr & IPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 14.3 & 13.7 respectively)   My Question or Issue Autoplay has stopped work...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Automatically switching to other playlist after play 2-3 songs

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceAll platformOperating System(iOS, Windows 10) My Question or IssueToday, I got a problem about playing music during 2-3 song, the spotify stop current song and switch to other playlist by automatically, not command by ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Thailand Device All platform Operating System (iOS, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Today, I got a problem about playing music during 2-3 song, the spotify stop...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stop playing song by itself

when I start song on spotify it was stop playing by itself about 3-4 song or 30 sec I try to restart app,delete app, change all setting that was about background information,wifi or cellular and battery not in a low. I can’t find a way out who can fi...

• when I start song on spotify it was stop playing by itself about 3-4 song or 30 sec I try to restart app,delete app, change all setting that was about background information,wifi or cellular and batt...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Release Radar does not update on Windows

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceDELLOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAnother Friday morning and when I switch from my mobile to desktop, my sound is not plating. I check my release radar and the album cover is updated to show the top a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device DELL Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Another Friday morning and when I switch from my mobile to desktop, my sound is not platin...
  • songsome
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Downloaded playlists and albums gone

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueFor the one millionth time are my downloads of the playlists and albums gone ! The playlists ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue For the...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution AirPods Connection Reliability Problems

PlanPremium (Student)CountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone SE (M/N: NLY32LL/A), AirPods 1st and 2nd GenerationOperating SystemiOS 12.3 (Build: 16F5129d) My Question or IssueWhen listening from Spotify, AirPods consistently cut out and back in on the music...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (Student) Country United States Device iPhone SE (M/N: NLY32LL/A), AirPods 1st and 2nd Generation Operating System iOS 12.3 (Build: 16F5129d)   My Question or Iss...
  • Eni
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Gapless Playback not working on my playlist on iPhone, but works on desktop

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueWhen I'm playing music on my iPhone I'm trying to make my songs transition into each other seamlessly, but it won't work on my iPhone. I've enabled gapless pl...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11  Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue When I'm playing music on my iPhone I'm trying to make my songs transition in...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crossfade
    gapless playback
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Advertisement after every song

I am on a free plan and as I start playing music Spotify advises me to watch a advertisement video for 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening. I gladly watch this advertisement which goes on for more than 30 seconds and then hope that I do not hear an...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on a free plan and as I start playing music Spotify advises me to watch a advertisement video for 30 minutes of uninterrupted listening. I gladly watch this  advertisement which goes on for...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution ALL podcasts are gone?

PremiumUSAiPhone 11iOS 14 I just logged onto my app and ALL podcasts have disappeared. I do mean all. I subscribe to fairly large podcasts like The Daily, FiveThirtyEight, etc - so I know they are not removed. I've updated the app, downloaded and re-...

• Visitor
  •   Premium USA iPhone 11 iOS 14   I just logged onto my app and ALL podcasts have disappeared. I do mean all. I subscribe to fairly large podcasts like The Daily, FiveThirtyEight, etc ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes