Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect Number of Songs

DeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or Issue The number of songs in "Liked Songs" is incorrect. When you have 99 songs and like one more song, the total number will be 101 instead of 100.

• Casual Listener
  • Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue   The number of songs in "Liked Songs" is incorrect. When you have 99 songs and like one more song, the total number w...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no funciona con datos

PlanPremium DuoCountryColombiaDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.4.1 Spotify en el celular de mi esposaa solo funciona cuando esta conectado a wifi y cuando se pasa a datos aparece “conectando” todo el tiempo; además las páginas de Spotify y l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Duo Country Colombia Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12.4.1   Spotify en el celular de mi esposaa solo funciona cuando esta conectado a wifi y cuando se pasa a da...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Apple Watch Streaming option disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryRomaniaDeviceApple Watch SE & iPhone 11Operating SystemwatchOS 7.2 My Question or IssueHi,I noticed yesterday that, the option for streaming from the watch disappeared, I had this option previously, the last time I used it was about...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Romania Device Apple Watch SE & iPhone 11 Operating System watchOS 7.2   My Question or Issue Hi, I noticed yesterday that, the option for streaming from the ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error: 127

I have recently got an iPhone 10 and I have not been able to listen to music at all every time I try load anything on the app it won’t work. I have tried uninstalling the app, resetting my phone, changing my password, logging out of all accounts and ...

• Visitor
  • I have recently got an iPhone 10 and I have not been able to listen to music at all every time I try load anything on the app it won’t work. I have tried uninstalling the app, resetting my phone, cha...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify keeps crashing

PlanFreeCountryIndonesiaDeviceIphone 6Operating SystemiOS 12.4.9 My Question or IssueApparently Spotify keeps crashing when my phone is locked or when i’m opening other apps, and when i reopened the app the song that was playing went back to the star...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Indonesia Device Iphone 6 Operating System iOS 12.4.9   My Question or Issue Apparently Spotify keeps crashing when my phone is locked or when i’m opening other apps,...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Fast Scrolling Bug

PlanPremium FamilyCountryItalyDeviceiPhone 12 miniOperating System14.3 My Question or IssueWhen I browse a playlist with many songs and want to quickly scroll to the latest songs, the scrolling lags. (Demo Link 1)I had the same issue with my old ipho...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Family Country Italy Device iPhone 12 mini Operating System 14.3   My Question or Issue When I browse a playlist with many songs and want to quickly scroll to the latest s...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Transfer iTunes purchased song to Spotify local files

Hi, I have Spotify premium on an iPhone XS and I’m in the UK. I was wondering if there’s any way to put a song I’ve purchased on iTunes on Spotify using the local files option? I know you can put mp3 files etc into local files but what about songs th...

• Regular
  • Hi, I have Spotify premium on an iPhone XS and I’m in the UK. I was wondering if there’s any way to put a song I’ve purchased on iTunes on Spotify using the local files option? I know you can put mp3...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't get Local files from my Pc on my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 5sOperating SystemIOS 12 My Question or IssueI am trying to get my local files on Spotify on my iPhone. I tried all the steps already. I added the songs to a new playlist. Connected my Phone to the same network a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 5s Operating System IOS 12   My Question or Issue I am trying to get my local files on Spotify on my iPhone. I tried all the steps already. I...
  • Eni
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Constantly Crashing

On my iPhone its struggling a bit with storage but Spotify crashes SO much and its so frustrating. It happens offline and online and it would be annoying to have to undownload stuff, which I've done and it hasn't improved the situation in any way.

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPhone its struggling a bit with storage but Spotify crashes SO much and its so frustrating. It happens offline and online and it would be annoying to have to undownload stuff, which I've done ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can iOS delete spotify downloads?

I have been using Spotify on an ipad since last year and have recently lost all my downloads, this happened after I cleared history and website data for the safari browser; I checked the storage info and spotifys had gone right done, when I checked i...

• I have been using Spotify on an ipad since last year and have recently lost all my downloads, this happened after I cleared history and website data for the safari browser; I checked the storage info...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] Issues while recording voice messages

Hey everybody, I hope you all are doing well. Lately I've been having an issue while recording voice messages and playing Spotify at the same time. What will happen is that whenever I try to record anything, the music will stop BUT the audio won't re...

• Visitor
  • Hey everybody, I hope you all are doing well.  Lately I've been having an issue while recording voice messages and playing Spotify at the same time. What will happen is that whenever I try to r...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] Music playing automatically when I open app

I have the Spotify app on iOS, and lately whenever I open the app it will immediately start blaring whatever I was listening to last time, be it music or a podcast or what. I’m tired of it and it honestly makes me use the app less.

• Visitor
  • I have the Spotify app on iOS, and lately whenever I open the app it will immediately start blaring whatever I was listening to last time, be it music or a podcast or what.   I’m tired of it a...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I get suggested songs while I listen an album?

PlanFreeCountryRussia Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.2) My Question or IssueHi! I didn’t find an answer, so..I found definit music album, but while I was listening it, Spotify started to play suggested song, which wasn’t even belong to albu...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Russia   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue Hi! I didn’t find an answer, so.. I found definit music album, but while...
  • BecauseB
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to Delete Spotify App

Plan: FreeUS Device(iPhone 6S Plus)Operating System(iOS 14.2) My Question or IssueHello all, I was recently trying to solve an issue where Spotify would crash whenever I tried playing certain playlists. I decided to reinstall the app, and while this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free US   Device (iPhone 6S Plus) Operating System (iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue Hello all,  I was recently trying to solve an issue where Spotify would crash ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't skip ads in podcasts using my car controls, but able to skip regular podcast audio

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.3 My Question or IssueI am able to press the skip button in my car steering to skip regular audio, but the moment an ad comes on, I am unable to skip past the ad. I have to listen through the...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.3   My Question or Issue I am able to press the skip button in my car steering to skip regular audio, but the ...
  • Pineapple30
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Premium
    Skip ads
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify constantly closing and will not run in the background

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone SE 2020Operating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or Issue So my issue is that Spotify will no longer run continuously on my phone. When the screen turns off Spotify will only continue to play for about 2-15 minutes and then t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country US Device iPhone SE 2020 Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue   So my issue is that Spotify will no longer run continuously on my phone. When the sc...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps crashing

PlanPremiumCountryBelgium Device:iPhone 8, HP Envy laptop 13-ad0xxOperating SystemiOS 14.2, Windows 10 My Question or IssueMy spotify keeps crashing on my phone and computer. I’ve deleted it a couple of times on both my devices and the problem is sol...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium  Device: iPhone 8, HP Envy laptop 13-ad0xx Operating System iOS 14.2, Windows 10   My Question or Issue My spotify keeps crashing on my phone and comp...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mixes Getting Messed Up

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue My daily mixes have previously been great. I listen to a few diffrent genres and each of my mixes for those are great. I mostly listen to Christian and worship music. ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3   My Question or Issue   My daily mixes have previously been great. I listen to a few diffrent genres...
  • rightsideout
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't share a song in messenger

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 14.3 My Question or IssueI can't share songs in Messenge. The whole app freezes when I try. Have to close the whole thing to be able to use it again. Regards,Julia

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Norway Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue I can't share songs in Messenge. The whole app freezes when I try. Have to close t...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Old Ipod needs old App version

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceiPod touchOperating SystemiOS 6.1.6My Question or IssueCan you please give me a Store update that suits this version of my iOS. After factory reset i have lost the Spotify app Please help....

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country NL Device iPod touch Operating System iOS 6.1.6 My Question or Issue Can you please give me a Store update that suits this version of my iOS.   After fact...
  • Ipodiot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes