Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Old Ipod needs old App version

PlanPremiumCountryNLDeviceiPod touchOperating SystemiOS 6.1.6My Question or IssueCan you please give me a Store update that suits this version of my iOS. After factory reset i have lost the Spotify app Please help....

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country NL Device iPod touch Operating System iOS 6.1.6 My Question or Issue Can you please give me a Store update that suits this version of my iOS.   After fact...
  • Ipodiot
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played Artists Doesn't Appear or Show Up

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 7 and Windows Operating SystemiOS 11.4 and Windows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot see any of my friends' recently played artists on their profile page. I only see their playlists on their profile page. My friend,...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 7 and Windows  Operating System iOS 11.4 and Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot see any of my friends' recently played ar...
  • countsian
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Mode : Can't switch off (Premium)

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 6sOperating System13.2 My Question or Issue The Audiobook I am listening to has 380 tracks. I switched shuffle off. But when listening to this audiobook, Spotify turned shuffle mode on and I am lost now. I switched it ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 6s Operating System 13.2   My Question or Issue   The Audiobook I am listening to has 380 tracks. I switched shuffle off. But when liste...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Spotify app crashing + draining battery?

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14.2.1 (latest) My Question or IssueHi there, My Spotify app often crashes in the background when I am listening to music (it maybe happens a few times per day). I can listen to a lo...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14.2.1 (latest)   My Question or Issue Hi there,   My Spotify app often crashes in the background when...
  • Mandysierz18
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs in album randomly stops playing

I have noticed this happening for the past 1 week or so. When I go to my library and click on a song in one of my saved albums, nothing happens. This is really annoying as the only way to fix it is to restart Spotify app. And then the issue repeats a...

• Regular
  • I have noticed this happening for the past 1 week or so. When I go to my library and click on a song in one of my saved albums, nothing happens. This is really annoying as the only way to fix it is t...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Time

This morning, I checked on my phone to see how many minutes I've spent on my phone with an app that I use and trust. I was expecting to see Spotify be 1 hour or so, but when I turned the app on, it said that I has spent eight hours on Spotify. So, I'...

• Music Fan
  • This morning, I checked on my phone to see how many minutes I've spent on my phone with an app that I use and trust. I was expecting to see Spotify be 1 hour or so, but when I turned the app on, it s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Troubleshoting

My Spotify stopped offering 30 minutes of ad free listening after I pushed "no thanks" a few times and started listening to it on an iPhone instead of an iPad. if anyone knows how to fix this please help me.

• Visitor
  • My Spotify stopped offering 30 minutes of ad free listening after I pushed "no thanks" a few times and started listening to it on an iPhone instead of an iPad. if anyone knows how to fix this please ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes on iOS 14.3

PlanFree DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating System(iOS 14.3 My Question or Issue:My Spotify app keeps crashing. It also crashed when I was on iOS 14.2. It crashes at around 1 hour of using the app. I’ve tried the “Clean reinstall” and making a new account ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System (iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue: My Spotify app keeps crashing. It also crashed when I was on iOS 14.2. It crashes at around 1 ho...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Ford Fiesta skipping tracks constantly via USB

I know this has been asked previously but I can't seem to find a definitive answer that actually resolves this... When connected via USB (no bluetooth) on my 2012 Ford Fiesta, the app will constantly skip tracks after less than a second and keep doin...

• I know this has been asked previously but I can't seem to find a definitive answer that actually resolves this...     When connected via USB (no bluetooth) on my 2012 Ford Fiesta, the ap...
  • LochyMacleod
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [iPhone] Downloaded artists (thus songs) not showing when offline

PlanPremiumCountryEUDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 14.01 My Question or IssueSteps to reproduce:1) On my iPhone w/ latest Spotify app version (01/2021), I navigate to Your Library -> Artists2) I intend to pick an artist for whom I have downloaded...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country EU Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 14.01   My Question or Issue Steps to reproduce: 1) On my iPhone w/ latest Spotify app version (01/2021), I navigate to Y...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios offline iphone
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Whatsapp sound messages stops podcast

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 14.2) My Question or IssueWhen I use Spotify to listen to podcasts, and then play a sound message from whatsapp, the podcast doesn`t continue autoatically! I have to manually enter Spotify ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Norway Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue When I use Spotify to listen to podcasts, and then play a sound message from whatsapp, ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded albums lost on iPhone 7

Spotify Premium user, iPhone 7 running iOS 14.3. Once again, the albums I've downloaded over the last 6 months, since the last time this happened, disappeared after upgrading to the latest version of the Apple iOS. Only three albums out of >50 are st...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Premium user, iPhone 7 running iOS 14.3. Once again, the albums I've downloaded over the last 6 months, since the last time this happened, disappeared after upgrading to the latest version of...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can you please fix your app.

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDeviceiPhone 11Operating System(iOS 14.3 My Question or IssueWhy does this app still kill my phone battery and crash constantly? This has been going on for months and I have used this app and paid for premium for years. If you ca...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Usa Device iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 14.3   My Question or Issue Why does this app still kill my phone battery and crash constantly? This has been going on f...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify quits itself on iPhone

One my iPhone 7 with software 14.0.1 Spotify will randomly quit itself and my music will stop playing and I’ll have to reopen the app and press play. This is a consistent problem. I can’t fully listen through a song without having to go back on my ph...

• Casual Listener
  • One my iPhone 7 with software 14.0.1 Spotify will randomly quit itself and my music will stop playing and I’ll have to reopen the app and press play. This is a consistent problem. I can’t fully liste...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Selecting multiple tracks to add to your playlist

In my desktop MAC this option to select and shift selects all the tracks and save to my playlist works fine. But with iPad app you are unable to perform this function. Are there any work around for this.At present you can perform this on individual t...

• Regular
  • In my desktop MAC this option to select and shift selects all the tracks and save to my playlist works fine. But with iPad app you are unable to perform this function. Are there any work around for t...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution apple music starts instead of spotify with car bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryEuropeDeviceiPhone 12Operating SystemiOS 14.2.1 My Question or IssueHi all, I have an issue when starting the music streaming as I get into my car.The car automatically connects via bluetooth to the iPhone and when I select to play ...

• Plan Premium Country Europe Device iPhone 12 Operating System iOS 14.2.1   My Question or Issue Hi all,  I have an issue when starting the music streaming as I get into my car. ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] iOS keeps crashing during song

So, Spotify keeps crashing during a listen to any song. It’s been crashing at random intervals of the song; the first few times it kept crashing at 0:45 seconds in, then 1:45 in, but the one consistent part was when I opened the app, the song always ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, Spotify keeps crashing during a listen to any song. It’s been crashing at random intervals of the song; the first few times it kept crashing at 0:45 seconds in, then 1:45 in, but the one consiste...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes constantly- Rogan will not play with download

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Spotify app crashes every time I use it to listen to Joe Rogan. I am frequently out of cell/wifi range so I download Rogan show...

•   Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   Spotify app crashes ever...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing while offline and lyrics don’t appear

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceiPhone 11 pro maxOperating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueHello, I’ve had two ongoing issues on my account. First of all, when I’m listening to music offline, the song stops after abt a minute and then I unlock my ph...

• Plan Premium Country Mexico Device iPhone 11 pro max Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Hello, I’ve had two ongoing issues on my account. First of all, when I’m listening...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyrics
    playback
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skip 1min-30s before song finishes

When i’m playing music the song skips before it finishes every time by 1 min to 30seconds randomly. It’s extremely annoying and despite the troubleshooting I haven’t been able to resolve the issue, and i have used spotify from my iPhone 7 for a while...

• When i’m playing music the song skips before it finishes every time by 1 min to 30seconds randomly. It’s extremely annoying and despite the troubleshooting I haven’t been able to resolve the issue, a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes