Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Not right now?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7+Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or IssueLast time i stated my problems with the on going issues with Spotify crashing constantly and draining the energy down in less then an hour now since some weeks have ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7+ Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Last time i stated my problems with the on going issues with Spotify crashing con...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Playlists] ITunes bought local files do not show album cover art on IPhone

I have been a fan of Spotify for years. The only thing that always bugged me was the horrible way of adding local files to your Spotify playlists. Every time I buy songs from ITunes and want to add them as a local file, the album cover art is not sho...

• Regular
  • I have been a fan of Spotify for years. The only thing that always bugged me was the horrible way of adding local files to your Spotify playlists. Every time I buy songs from ITunes and want to add t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly pausing on Iphone XR

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiphone XROperating System13.1.3 My Question or IssueI have had spotify premium for a couple years now, never had any issues. Recently upgraded to Iphone XR from iphone 6S. Spotify is randomly pausing now and driving me crazy...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iphone XR Operating System 13.1.3   My Question or Issue I have had spotify premium for a couple years now, never had any issues. Recently upgrad...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist stops after first song

Hey! I have Spotify installed on two aging apple products, an iPad mini 1st (iOS 9.3.5) and an iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3). If I start a playlist on any of those the music will stop after the very first song, the next one does not start automatically unles...

• Regular
  • Hey! I have Spotify installed on two aging apple products, an iPad mini 1st (iOS 9.3.5) and an iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3). If I start a playlist on any of those the music will stop after the very first so...
  • CarlosE
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Siri doesn't work out when asking "Play"

PlanPremiumCountryTaiwanDeviceiPhone SE (2020)Operating System(iOS 14.2)My Question or Issue Hi, I'm a Premium Spotify user from Taiwan. I always ask Siri "Hey Siri, play", and it will start playing randomly on Spotify.But it's not working anymore af...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Taiwan Device iPhone SE (2020) Operating System (iOS 14.2) My Question or Issue   Hi, I'm a Premium Spotify user from Taiwan.   I always ask Siri "Hey Siri,...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stops playing after 14 seconds then 11 then 24 then random...on iOS 11 and Mac

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 11 and M1 Macbook AirOperating SystemiOS 14, Big SurWifi and Cellular Spotify stops in the middle of a song after a random number of seconds and I need to press the start button for the song to resume. Then it stops ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 11 and M1 Macbook Air Operating System iOS 14, Big Sur Wifi and Cellular   Spotify stops in the middle of a song after a random number of...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Liked songs in iPhone not showing in iPad

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8, iPad ProOperating System14.2 My Question or IssueWhen listening to Discover weekly I can add to Liked Songs. if I listen on my iPad and like 10 songs, I can see the little heart icon next to tracks on my iPad and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 8, iPad Pro Operating System 14.2   My Question or Issue When listening to Discover weekly I can add to Liked Songs. if I listen on my iP...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot play albums or artists

PlanFreeCountryUK DeviceiPhone SE My Question or IssueWhenever i try and play an album or artist, nothing will start playing but the play button will turn into the pause button. I’m able to play playlists, i just can’t with anything else. i’ve delete...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country UK  Device iPhone SE   My Question or Issue Whenever i try and play an album or artist, nothing will start playing but the play button will turn into the p...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution shuffle tracks of artist

Hello!I have a problem on my Iphone Spotify.When I choose an artist and trying to shuffle his tracks - nothing happens. Shuffle button is not working in artist menu.I can shuffle playlist or album, but not artist tracks.Several times I reinstalled ap...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! I have a problem on my Iphone Spotify. When I choose an artist and trying to shuffle his tracks - nothing happens. Shuffle button is not working in artist menu. I can shuffle playlist or al...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue does not show the last song

If I put songs in my queue the last is never shown and just black. I also cannot move or click on it. (iPhone 11, iOS 13)

• Casual Listener
  • If I put songs in my queue the last is never shown and just black. I also cannot move or click on it.  (iPhone 11, iOS 13)   
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! Artist music stops after Top 5

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 10) i just recently noticed that songs from an artist stop playing after the top 5. Typically, they will keep going on. Anyone else having this issue?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 10)   i just recently noticed that songs from an artist stop playing after the top 5.  Typically, ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot shuffle play all downloaded songs in offline mode

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 12 ) My Question or IssueAfter latest update (downgrade) much harder to access and listen to songs in my library, many issue which have been covered in other threads however the one I haven’t ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device (iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 12 )   My Question or Issue After latest update (downgrade) much harder to access and listen to songs in my lib...
  • nerfherder72
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Offline mode can’t filter downloads
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Local File Songs not appearing in playlist

Hey Guys,I just switched to an iPhone 11 Pro and tried to download all of my local files. I did the same I did when I did the same for my S8. - Connect the Desktop and iPhone through the same Desktop- Redownload my local files playlist- DoneHowever, ...

• Visitor
  • Hey Guys, I just switched to an iPhone 11 Pro and tried to download all of my local files. I did the same I did when I did the same for my S8.  - Connect the Desktop and iPhone through the sam...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Issues on iOS 14

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceiPhone 11 Pro max Operating SystemiOS 14.2 My Question or Issue- Shuffle doesn't work as you can see in the video- Also Spotify stops any whatsapp voice messages I don't know how to fix these issues

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy   Device iPhone 11 Pro max  Operating System iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue - Shuffle doesn't work as you can see in the video - Also Spoti...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Closes Only When Playing an Album in the Background

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 10 XROperating SystemiOS 14.2My Question or IssueWhenever I use the Spotify app on my phone it usually works fine. I can play Spotify playlists fine, I can play my playlists fine, etc. The issue is when I try ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 10 XR Operating System iOS 14.2 My Question or Issue Whenever I use the Spotify app on my phone it usually works fine. I can play Spotify playli...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • app bug
    crashes
    iphone xr
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No Shuffle Button for 2020 Wrapped

PlanPremium CountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14.2There is no shuffle option available for my 2020 Wrapped playlist. I have to click the play button and then go to the shuffle button at the bottom left once I click to make the s...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium  Country United States  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14.2 There is no shuffle option available for my 2020 Wrapped playlist. I have to click the play button an...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Podcasts] No Audio on JRE Joe Rogan?

No Audio on JRE Joe Rogan? What the heck was Spotify thinking? It's a PODCAST that people listen to? Boneheads.

• Visitor
  • No Audio on JRE Joe Rogan? What the heck was Spotify thinking? It's a PODCAST that people listen to? Boneheads.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Status icons not shown on notch iPhones (X and above)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14My Question or IssueI have always been super puzzled by this one...maybe I’m missing a setting but honestly there probably shouldn’t even be a setting for this...why are the status ic...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14 My Question or Issue I have always been super puzzled by this one...maybe I’m missing a setting but honestly there ...
  • sweyers
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Images doesn't load

I have a premium account in spotify and since I singed up as a premium member the images of every song I hear doesn't load. What I mean is, I am paying for a service and I expect it to work as perfect as possible. If you don't solve this problem I wi...

• I have a premium account in spotify and since I singed up as a premium member the images of every song I hear doesn't load. What I mean is, I am paying for a service and I expect it to work as perfec...
  • Elena
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes