Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Other] Bug: queueing a non-downloaded song causes crash

On iOS or macOS, when I queue a non-downloaded song, once that song is reached the app stops playing music, and I have to close and reopen several times for it to work. I keep most of my songs downloaded due to the bad service I usually have and this...

• Visitor
  • On iOS or macOS, when I queue a non-downloaded song, once that song is reached the app stops playing music, and I have to close and reopen several times for it to work.    I keep most of ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Battery sent from 98% to 40% in an hour

Device (iPhone 7 Plus)Operating System (iOS 12.1.2) My Question or IssueBattery is seriously draining even when plugged into power, background app refresh turned off and Spotify app is closed (double clicked and closed).

• Regular
  • Device (iPhone 7 Plus) Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   My Question or Issue Battery is seriously draining even when plugged into power, background app refresh turned off and Spotif...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution lancelmc22

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone Xs Max)Operating System(iOS 14.2) My Question or IssueI use the playlist section of the app to save albums in playlist folders that I create and organize by genre. After the last Spotify update, I noticed that the a...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone Xs Max) Operating System (iOS 14.2)   My Question or Issue I use the playlist section of the app to save albums in playlist folders that I creat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 25 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Beta for Apple Watch freezes

Premium PlanDevice(iPhone 11, Apple Watch S3) I don't recall opting in to the beta for the apple watch spotify app but I ended up having it on my watch somehow. Is there any way to opt out of it? I've tried uninstalling the beta app from my watch and...

• Casual Listener
  •   Premium Plan Device (iPhone 11, Apple Watch S3)   I don't recall opting in to the beta for the apple watch spotify app but I ended up having it on my watch somehow.  Is there an...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle missing (off) for one playlist (free plan)

My Question or Issue:Previously, all my playlists had shuffle on. I like that. Now one of them has shuffle off. When I look at the list of playlists in “your library”, “Haruki Murakami’s vinyl collection” is the only one that doesn’t have the shuffle...

• Regular
  • My Question or Issue: Previously, all my playlists had shuffle on. I like that. Now one of them has shuffle off. When I look at the list of playlists in “your library”, “Haruki Murakami’s vinyl coll...
  • Yg4L
  • Regular
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Some users see random song playing instead of song directly selected from artist page

PlanFreeCountryMultiple (e.g. USA). DeviceMultiple (e.g. iPhone)Operating SystemMultiple (e.g. iOS) My Question or IssueSome users are seeing something strange with Spotify.1. User searches for and browses to artist page, namely "Farhod"2. Clicks on ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Multiple (e.g. USA).   Device Multiple (e.g. iPhone) Operating System Multiple (e.g. iOS)   My Question or Issue Some users are seeing something strange with Sp...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify local files show up on iPhone but not on computer

I have local files downloaded to my computer for a playlist that I want to make. This playlist has been working fine for about a month, and I have the files downloaded on my phone and the playlist works fine there as well. However, today some of the ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have local files downloaded to my computer for a playlist that I want to make. This playlist has been working fine for about a month, and I have the files downloaded on my phone and the playlist wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App constantly crashing listening to music

Plan: PremiumCountry: Australia Device: iPhone 10Operating System: iOS 14.2 My Question or IssueSpotify application constantly crashing whilst listening to music. Occurs both when phone is unlocked and locked, and the app closes fully (have to reopen...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Australia   Device: iPhone 10 Operating System: iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue Spotify application constantly crashing whilst listening to music. Occurs ...
  • isabellagrace98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Iphone 6 plus: even with data cellular on, I can't stream music if im not connected to wifi

I live in Italy and use Fastweb as my data cellular provider, but the app doesn't seem to recognize that the cellular data is on and it keeps asking me to turn it on when im not connected to the wifi.PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceIphone 6 plusOperatin...

• Visitor
  • I live in Italy and use Fastweb as my data cellular provider, but the app doesn't seem to recognize that the cellular data is on and it keeps asking me to turn it on when im not connected to the wifi...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mobile iOS Turn Shuffle Off Option free version

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueI have a couple of playlists that I set up in a particular order to listen to and I don't want those specific playlists to be shuffled. Is it possible to update the ap...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue I have a couple of playlists that I set up in a particular order to listen to and I don't w...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Albums/songs liked on Mac don't appear on iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceMacBook Air 2017 - iPhone SEOperating SystemmacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 - iOS 14.2 My Question or IssueWhen I like a song or album on Spotify desktop, it doesn’t appear on my iPhone, not in the liked songs nor in the albums li...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Belgium Device MacBook Air 2017 - iPhone SE Operating System macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 - iOS 14.2   My Question or Issue When I like a song or album on Spotify desktop,...
  • mamamou2001
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Do not see recently saved playlists in library

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11 Pro 2020)Operating SystemiOS 14 (Happened on previous iOS as well.) My Question or IssueWhen I download and save a recently found (playlist/album/movie soundtrack) it does not show up in my library. Even after do...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 11 Pro  2020) Operating System iOS 14  (Happened on previous iOS as well.)   My Question or Issue When I download and save a recently ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not playing

I have downloaded some local files in the past and play it on my iphone, and everything was working perfectly, but after the latest update for spotify, all of my local files music will not play, and not even able to be re-downloaded (it just uninstal...

• Casual Listener
  • I have downloaded some local files in the past and play it on my iphone, and everything was working perfectly, but after the latest update for spotify, all of my local files music will not play, and ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I stop Spotify starting automatically when connected to car

PlanFree/PremiumCountryRomaniaDevice(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueHi.I have this issue for some time now. Almost everytime my phone connect to my car via bluetooth spotify starts playing. Even if I'm listening to radio, CD o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Romania Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue Hi. I have this issue for some time now. Almost everytime my phone connect to my ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App keeps crashing

Spoiler (Highlight to read) Hey, so im on iOS 14.2, running spotify 8.5.84.680 and for some reason my app keeps crashing after ~1:30 minutes. This suddenly started happening like a week ago and it’s driving me NUTS. Any help?

• Regular
  •   Hey, so im on iOS 14.2, running spotify 8.5.84.680 and for some reason my app keeps crashing after ~1:30 minutes. This suddenly started happening like a week ago and it’s driving me NUTS. Any...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Song stops and resets to 3 seconds in

This has been going on for about a week now. I'll just play a song, and it'll just stop around 50-60 seconds in and when I go to Spotify, it says the song is 3 seconds in and I can't play it until I skip it and go back to it. It doesn't happen every ...

• Visitor
  • This has been going on for about a week now. I'll just play a song, and it'll just stop around 50-60 seconds in and when I go to Spotify, it says the song is 3 seconds in and I can't play it until I ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes shortly after going into sleep mode

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPad Mini 4Operating SystemiPadOS 14.1 My Question or IssueMy app will abruptly close about a minute and a half after my device enters sleep mode. I've used other apps that play media in sleep mode and none have the same...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPad Mini 4 Operating System iPadOS 14.1   My Question or Issue My app will abruptly close about a minute and a half after my device enters s...
  • BigBologna
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Developer] Fix iOS 14 app widget impact on queue

I've added Spotify's new iOS 14 widget to my home screen (the square version, unclear if same impact is taking place in rectangular version). Every time I click into my app via the widget (which navigates to whatever current playlist I am listening t...

• I've added Spotify's new iOS 14 widget to my home screen (the square version, unclear if same impact is taking place in rectangular version). Every time I click into my app via the widget (which navi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Listing Artists in alphabetical order

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)iOSMy Question or IssuePutting Artists into alphabetical order I am using Spotify Premium on 2 iPod Touch6s and an...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) iOS My Question or Issue Putting Ar...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple Watch 4 not showing player

I have and Apple Watch 4 and an iPhone 12 Pro both with the lates OS version.Sometimes when I listen to some music from Spotify and I turn the wrist my Watch does not show the music player but just the Watch face.Is it a Spotify bug or there's an opt...

• Regular
  • I have and Apple Watch 4 and an iPhone 12 Pro both with the lates OS version. Sometimes when I listen to some music from Spotify and I turn the wrist my Watch does not show the music player but just...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes