Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

New Design?

Hello everyone, did Spotify release a new design of the minimized Player for iOS?My wifes Account seems to have the new design- but mine the old one. (See the Screenshots). can someone confirm? best regards

• Hello everyone,   did Spotify release a new design of the minimized Player for iOS? My wifes Account seems to have the new design- but mine the old one. (See the Screenshots).   can ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Russia Discover Weekly broken since launch

I've been trying Spotify since launch in Russia in July. The suggestions are complete garbage 99% of the time. I've imported my playlists from iTunes. Even went through and liked songs individually. But ever since launch every Discovery Weekly was ho...

• I've been trying Spotify since launch in Russia in July. The suggestions are complete garbage 99% of the time.   I've imported my playlists from iTunes. Even went through and liked songs indiv...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Won’t let me log on via the app

PlanPremium (trial - not expired yet, I checked )CountryAustraliaDevice(iPhone XR)Operating SystemiOS 14.01 My Question or IssueCannot log in via app. Says, “something went wrong”.Also cannot log on without password - when I try to get link to do tha...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium (trial - not expired yet, I checked ) Country Australia Device (iPhone XR) Operating System iOS 14.01   My Question or Issue Cannot log in via app. Says, “something went w...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Hide recommended songs on personal playlists

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: iphone xsOperating System: ios13 My Question or Issue:Why tf can't I hide the recommended songs on my iphone anymore? IDK why Spotify continues to use the recommended songs feature, I hate it and so does everyone I kn...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: iphone xs Operating System: ios13   My Question or Issue: Why tf can't I hide the recommended songs on my iphone anymore? IDK why Spotify con...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have a weird question that people may have noticed

This is a weird question, but how come Spotify Web Player has more access to things than Spotify for iPhone 6?For example, I can switch the order of my songs and choose certain songs to play and can actually copy paste the playlist but on my phone, I...

• Roadie
  • This is a weird question, but how come Spotify Web Player has more access to things than Spotify for iPhone 6? For example, I can switch the order of my songs and choose certain songs to play and ca...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tracks not playing unless in liked

Songs will often not play when selected from search or within albums even if they are downloaded. Songs will usually play once they are added to liked. I have reinstalled the app multiple times and erased all of my downloads. I continue to have the s...

• Regular
  • Songs will often not play when selected from search or within albums even if they are downloaded. Songs will usually play once they are added to liked. I have reinstalled the app multiple times and e...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I add to my queue in the most recent version?

I’ve been desperately searching to find out where my add to queue button is and I can’t find it. I’ve tried the 3 dots in the top right corner and consulted many online forums to see if anyone else is having this problem. I also can’t find the repeat...

• Visitor
  • I’ve been desperately searching to find out where my add to queue button is and I can’t find it. I’ve tried the 3 dots in the top right corner and consulted many online forums to see if anyone else i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists only play one song

Plan: PremiumCountry: United StatesDevice: iPhone 7Operating System: iOS 13.6.1 My Question or IssueFor the past few weeks, whenever I have tried to play one of my playlists, Spotify will play only one song from the playlist before reverting back to ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: United States Device: iPhone 7 Operating System: iOS 13.6.1   My Question or Issue For the past few weeks, whenever I have tried to play one of my playlists, Spotify...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CarPlay and Downloaded albums and playlists

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueLet's talk about safety. I used to listen to music with CarPlay while driving. Spotify does not display an icon to downloaded albums or playlists on the touchscreen. So,...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Let's talk about safety. I used to listen to music with CarPlay while driving. Spotify does n...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Google Home casting

Whenever I try to play music on my google home it automatically skips as many songs as it can until it gets to ads. After the ads are over it plays 10 seconds of a song then stops. However on the app it says it’s still playing on there. And the googl...

• Whenever I try to play music on my google home it automatically skips as many songs as it can until it gets to ads. After the ads are over it plays 10 seconds of a song then stops. However on the app...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

[iOS][Other] Go to queue not working iPhone + Please stop the popups!

Quite often for the last several weeks, it’s impossible to get to the queue. Obviously this makes playback pretty frustrating. Is there a plan to fix this? Between this and the popup ads for playlists, which are impossible to disable (ads on a paid s...

• Casual Listener
  • Quite often for the last several weeks, it’s impossible to get to the queue. Obviously this makes playback pretty frustrating. Is there a plan to fix this? Between this and the popup ads for playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random songs start playing

Hi everyone, recently when listening to any playlist on my account i'll be mid way through a song and a completely random song/playlist will start playing that ive never seen before. its becoming really frustrating as i like to listen to my music whi...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone, recently when listening to any playlist on my account i'll be mid way through a song and a completely random song/playlist will start playing that ive never seen before. its becoming rea...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Track Skipping Issue

PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 12 ProOperating SystemiOS 14.1 My Question or IssueWhen I'm playing any playlist using Spotify Connect, whether downloaded or not, I can only skip a few tracks at a time before the "now playing" view drops down and takes...

• Visitor
  •   Premium Country USA Device iPhone 12 Pro Operating System iOS 14.1   My Question or Issue When I'm playing any playlist using Spotify Connect, whether downloaded or not, I can o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

JRE Alex Jones Podcast wont play

My Question or Issue: I was listening to the new Joe Rogan Alex Jones Podcast last night and I tried finishing it this morning and it won’t play at all. Every other Podcast and episodes will play But this one won’t. I tried restarting my phone, closi...

• My Question or Issue:   I was listening to the new Joe Rogan Alex Jones Podcast last night and I tried finishing it this morning and it won’t play at all. Every other Podcast and episodes will ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Ui error margins and screen distortions

Not sure how to recreate this error. It was the first thing I saw today. I’m on iPhone X, my screen orientation was not locked. The app was idle in the background for a while. I “slid over” to open it. It seems like the app attempted to turn sideways...

• Casual Listener
  • Not sure how to recreate this error. It was the first thing I saw today. I’m on iPhone X, my screen orientation was not locked. The app was idle in the background for a while. I “slid over” to open i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Preciso de Ajuda

Estou com uma grande dúvida em relação ao pagamento do Spotify. Fiz a assinatura no Plano Familiar dia 08/09/2017 porém na minha conta aparece que a data de renovação é 28/09. A fatura do meu cartão vence no dia 10/10, a assinatura não é mensal ? Com...

• Casual Listener
  • Estou com uma grande dúvida em relação ao pagamento do Spotify. Fiz a assinatura no Plano Familiar dia 08/09/2017 porém na minha conta aparece que a data de renovação é 28/09. A fatura do meu cartão ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played missing on homepage

PlanPremium CountrySingapore DeviceIphone 8 Operating SystemiOS 14 For the past few days my "Recently Played" list on the home page has disappeared, and all I can see now are the lists that were usually beneath that. “Recommend for today” is not upda...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country Singapore   Device Iphone 8   Operating System iOS 14   For the past few days my "Recently Played" list on the home page has disappeared, and al...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect problems

PlanPremiumCountryRussiaDevice(iPhone XS Max, iMac 27)Operating System(iOS 14, macOS) My Question or IssueI listen to music from my phone all the time via Spotify connect to the yamaha AV-reciever . Everything used to be fine, there were no problems....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Russia Device (iPhone XS Max, iMac 27) Operating System (iOS 14, macOS)   My Question or Issue I listen to music from my phone all the time via Spotify connect to ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Serious alarm clock bugg!

So if you listen on Spotify for too long so it pauses. For example when you fall asleep. The pause button will be bugged like it's playing but it isn't see image: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ASJ2EsURG6sRhSByw6DZIF2w And the alarm clock will go o...

• Casual Listener
  • So if you listen on Spotify for too long so it pauses. For example when you fall asleep. The pause button will be bugged like it's playing but it isn't see image: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ASJ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 41 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 41 replies
  • 32 likes

Superuser Contribution My songs randomly skip/do not play

I am in the US, with a premium plan. I use spotify on an iphone 8 plus, software version 13.6.1. I have a 64 gigabyte phone. I have used 62 gigs of storage, 10 of which comes from all the songs I downloaded from spotify. My Question or Issue The last...

• I am in the US, with a premium plan. I use spotify on an iphone 8 plus, software version 13.6.1. I have a 64 gigabyte phone. I have used 62 gigs of storage, 10 of which comes from all the songs I dow...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes