Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot play through playlist without repeated songs

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.) My Question or Issue I have a playlist of almost 900 songs. Every now and then I like to play through the whole playlist listening to every song once. I used to be able to play t...

•   Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.)   My Question or Issue   I have a playlist of almost 900 songs. Every now and then I like t...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black screen on iPhone when using AirPlay

PremiumUSA iPhone 7PlusiOS14 Since I updated to iOS14 my iPhone screen goes black when trying to AirPlay Spotify. Very frustrating.

• Regular
  • Premium USA   iPhone 7Plus iOS14    Since I updated to iOS14 my iPhone screen goes black when trying to AirPlay Spotify. Very frustrating.   
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone defaults to chrome

Hi been having an issue. This happened a few months back but went away and now back and worse than ever. I play Spotify on iPhone X. I can be playing a playlist or liked songs and all of a sudden my song will stop and it’s defaulted to playing throug...

• Hi been having an issue. This happened a few months back but went away and now back and worse than ever.  I play Spotify on iPhone X. I can be playing a playlist or liked songs and all of a...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently played disappeared from mobile

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhoneOperating SystemiOS My Question or IssueFor the last several days my "Recently Played" list on the home page has disappeared, and all I can see now are the lists that were usually beneath that. I tried signing i...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone Operating System iOS   My Question or Issue For the last several days my "Recently Played" list on the home page has disappeared, and all I...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not showing on iPhone but shows on Windows

I have a MP3 downloaded in a separate file, all my settings are on such as Local Files on my iPhone and on my Windows laptop. I’ve selected the file with the MP3 downloads and it shows up on the Windows device and download them as well, but when i go...

• Visitor
  • I have a MP3 downloaded in a separate file, all my settings are on such as Local Files on my iPhone and on my Windows laptop. I’ve selected the file with the MP3 downloads and it shows up on the Wind...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove daily mix and related on Carplay

Can I remove the Daily Mix and similar items from Spotify and/or from appearing at the top of my list when using Apple CarPlay? I use Spotify for podcasts in the car. I do not listen to any of the music provided. I want to delete the pre-curated list...

• Visitor
  • Can I remove the Daily Mix and similar items from Spotify and/or from appearing at the top of my list when using Apple CarPlay? I use Spotify for podcasts in the car. I do not listen to any of the mu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle play unavailable in playlist

PlanFreeCountryUkDeviceIPad Air 2Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueShuffle play option on my playlist has disappeared from Spotify app on iPad. I can only play my playlist in the order I added the songs to playlist.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Uk Device IPad Air 2 Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Shuffle play option on my playlist has disappeared  from Spotify app on iPad. I can...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I view the sections/chapters of a podcast episode I’m listening to?

Hey! I’m a big podcast consumer, and heard that Spotify is pretty good for podcasts now, and since I’m already on a premium plan, I figured I might as well use one app to rule them all. However, there’s a feature I use all the time in other podcast a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I’m a big podcast consumer, and heard that Spotify is pretty good for podcasts now, and since I’m already on a premium plan, I figured I might as well use one app to rule them all.   Howe...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Feature
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

iOS 14.0.1 Widget Description Unicode Character Issues

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueWhen playing a playing a playlist, the description of the playlist is displayed on the widget, which is really nice. How every the characters displayed are no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue When playing a playing a playlist, the description of the playlist is displayed on...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing while i make a video

hello, i can’t play music when i make a video for exemple i want to make an Instagram story and want to hear the music in that Little video please help me

• Casual Listener
  • hello, i can’t play music when i make a video   for exemple i want to make an Instagram story and want to hear the music in that Little video    please help me
  • Echo3R3vivify
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Connect

Im using an iPhone running iOS 14, with a premium account. I also use a Windows laptop with the same account. I usually have Spotify open on my laptop while using social media on my phone. The issue is that my phone auto connects to my laptop's Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Im using an iPhone running iOS 14, with a premium account. I also use a Windows laptop with the same account.   I usually have Spotify open on my laptop while using social media on my phone. T...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Share to ChromeCast does not work with iOS14

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueSince iOS 14 upgrade, when i try casting music to my chromeCast from Spotify App in iPhone, the loading appears but never succeed.Same issue with iPad Pro with iOS 14.Us...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Since iOS 14 upgrade, when i try casting music to my chromeCast from Spotify App in iPhone, t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop no longer recognises iphone online, local files missing in playlists

PlanPremiumCountryuk DeviceiPhone x Operating SystemiOS 13.1.3 My Question or IssueOk don’t laugh but I’m still using a really old macbook (Running snow leopard so version no longer supported by spotify) to upload local files as I need to add tracks ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country uk   Device iPhone x   Operating System iOS 13.1.3   My Question or Issue Ok don’t laugh but I’m still using a really old macbook (Running snow leopard...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can no longer control volume of Spotify on Xbox using my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone XR and XBOXONE)Operating System(iOS) My Question or IssueI used to be able to control the volume of Spotify on Xbox using my iPhone and this functionality no longer works

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone XR and XBOXONE) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue I used to be able to control the volume of Spotify on Xbox using my iPho...
  • Asean1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone Xbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Control Not Working

Device: iPhone 11 Pro MaxOS: iOS 14.0.1Spotify Version: 8.5.78.928 When playing Spotify through my Xbox One, I can’t control the volume from my iPhone. I was able to control it a month ago, but now I only get the default volume indicator as if it was...

• Visitor
  • Device: iPhone 11 Pro Max OS: iOS 14.0.1 Spotify Version: 8.5.78.928   When playing Spotify through my Xbox One, I can’t control the volume from my iPhone. I was able to control it a month a...
  • Asean1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • iphone
    Xbox One
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes

When l am listening on my iPad l can also see what is being played on my iPhone but not vice versa

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDevice(iPhone 6 and iPad 8th Gen) Operating System(iOS 14.1.) My Question or IssueHellol don’t know if this is a Spotify or Apple problem But when using my iPad l can see what is being played on my iPhone. I can also pause and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Australia Device (iPhone 6 and iPad 8th Gen)   Operating System (iOS 14.1.)   My Question or Issue Hello l don’t know if this is a Spotify or Apple problem&nbs...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AirPlay Audio pausing/skipping during playback

I've had this issue for pretty much the whole year - when using Spotify to stream to either Bose Home Portable or Sonos Move music often skips & pauses briefly during playback. Initially I though the Bose HP was to blame so I returned it in exchange ...

• Visitor
  • I've had this issue for pretty much the whole year - when using Spotify to stream to either Bose Home Portable or Sonos Move music often skips & pauses briefly during playback. Initially I though...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Airplay
    Bose
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify turns off in background

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueSo I have been using Spotify to listen to music while I’m gaming, but for some reason today it turns off whilst opening a specific app. Only that one though for some reason, I can g...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue So I have been using Spotify to listen to music while I’m gaming, but for some reason today it turns o...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't save a radio based on song (on iPhone)

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 14.0.1App Version8.5.80 My Question or IssueFor some reason, I can't save a radio based on a song when i'm on my iPhone (I can on desktop). If I look up an artist and go to their radio I c...

Photo 17-10-20, 3 14 10 pm.png IMG_1974.png
  • Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 14.0.1 App Version 8.5.80   My Question or Issue For some reason, I can't save a radio based on a song when i'm o...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song not playing when i press

Plan:PremiumCountry:SwedenDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhenever i try search for a song and press it i don’t play. The bar at the bottom telling which song is currently playing disappears and nothing plays. I have to rest...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Sweden Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Whenever i try search for a song and press it i don’t play. The bar at the bottom ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes