Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Empty space in folders between Create Playlist and first playlist

PlanFamily PremiumCountrySwedenDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) My Question or IssueThere is a bug causing a blank space to appear in my folders between the Create Playlist button at the top and the first playlist in the folder. Deleting...

IMG_0119.png IMG_0120.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Family Premium Country Sweden Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   My Question or Issue There is a bug causing a blank space to appear in my folders between the Crea...
  • kxra
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Bug iOS
    folder
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Unable to log into Spotify on my iPhone app

PlanStudent PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueI changed my premium account from the family plan to the student plan. I was approved and i am able to play music from my laptop spotify application. However, w...

• Visitor
  • Plan Student Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue I changed my premium account from the family plan to the student plan. I was approve...
  • GrifGrif
  • Songwriter
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Login/downloads issue

PlanPremium (family)CountryUSA DeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 14 public beta 5 My Question or IssueI was having trouble getting by downloads to play (I tried going into offline and turning off my data but still didn’t work) so I deleted and re-in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium (family) Country USA  Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 14 public beta 5   My Question or Issue I was having trouble getting by downloads to play (I tried going i...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why I can't download app on iPhone 7 in AppStore?

Plan: FreeCountry: USA Device: iPhone 7(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System: iOS 10(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue: So I'm trying to download Spotify app from AppStore, but when I press on "...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Free Country: USA   Device: iPhone 7 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System: iOS 10 (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can’t download Spotify From App Store

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issuespotify was recently uninstalled on my phone and when i tried to reinstall the app didn’t do anything the cloud arrow vector turns into a grey circle then reforms and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue spotify was recently uninstalled on my phone and when i tried to reinstall the app didn’t ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t see an artists songs or the songs on an artists album

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI used to be able to go to an artists profile and see their songs and their albums songs. For the past few weeks I haven’t been able to do it anymore and even tried ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I used to be able to go to an artists profile and see their songs and their albums songs....
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only right speaker working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHey guys, When I run spotify, I can hear it only on the right speaker, be it the car bluetoot...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hey guy...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Match Local Files to Spotify

PremiumUnited States/// I have over 1,000 local songs in my iTunes catalog that I'd like to "convert" to Spotify so I'm able to listen to them anywhere. Is there a way to do that? So far I'm only able to add local files to the desktop app, but when I...

• Regular
  • Premium United States ///   I have over 1,000 local songs in my iTunes catalog that I'd like to "convert" to Spotify so I'm able to listen to them anywhere. Is there a way to do that? So far...
  • BoscoDomingo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I accidentally hid a song from my liked songs, now I can’t unhide it.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, MacBook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThe song was Maze of Memories by Stray Kids, one of my favourite songs. I’d really like to be...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, MacBook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue The son...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist order changes when offline

I've rearranged the order of my playlists on my desktop, and it syncs fine with my iPhone when it's online. But when I'm not on wifi or data, the playlists on my phone change order (even though it's filtered by "personalized"). Super annoying that it...

• Casual Listener
  • I've rearranged the order of my playlists on my desktop, and it syncs fine with my iPhone when it's online. But when I'm not on wifi or data, the playlists on my phone change order (even though it's ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution WhatsApp audios and Siri issues.

PlanPremiumCountryArgentina DeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 12.4 My Question or IssueRandomly, you cannot record/play a voice message in WhatsApp even if you're not playing any music. When you try to record a message, it cancels out. When you try ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Argentina   Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 12.4   My Question or Issue Randomly, you cannot record/play a voice message in WhatsApp even if you're n...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Some music won’t play offline

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI have downloaded 358 songs on my phone. Ever since im on vacation in Brazil, only some songs play. (For example “Rolex” by “Capital Bra”; “Nie wieder broke” by “K...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I have downloaded 358 songs on my phone. Ever since im on vacation in Brazil, o...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple Watch App

Hi there,I've just cancelled my Apple Music subscription and come across to Spotify Premium. I do lot of running and use my Apple Watch with cellular to Bluetooth to my wireless earphones when I run. For some reason, the Spotify app does not allow me...

• Hi there, I've just cancelled my Apple Music subscription and come across to Spotify Premium. I do lot of running and use my Apple Watch with cellular to Bluetooth to my wireless earphones when I ru...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Activity for Mobile

Why can there not be a friend activity for mobile phones? There should be a chance that people can see what their friends/followers are listening to.

• Visitor
  • Why can there not be a friend activity for mobile phones?  There should be a chance that people can see what their friends/followers are listening to. 
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friend Activity
    Mobile
    mobile friend activity
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Gaps between songs

Hello! I listen to music from my liked songs in the car, and i’m very picky about what i play in front of my dad, so i shuffle around a lot. Ir annoys me when the song immediately starts playing after i switch songs, and it also makes my dad go “oh, ...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I listen to music from my liked songs in the car, and i’m very picky about what i play in front of my dad, so i shuffle around a lot. Ir annoys me when the song immediately starts playing afte...
  • Heythatsme
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to wipe Liked playlist???

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2My Question or IssueI have recently been trying to organize my music better. I listen to a very small range of artists and albums. I just noticed that my "liked" playlist has almost...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2 My Question or Issue I have recently been trying to organize my music better. I listen to a very small range of a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs are skipping

Every morning going to work and every afternoon coming home from work I'm always listening to music! It helps me relax! The last couple of days my liked songs which are downloaded for offline keep skipping. My wifi is off and it still happens. I go o...

• Casual Listener
  • Every morning going to work and every afternoon coming home from work I'm always listening to music! It helps me relax! The last couple of days my liked songs which are downloaded for offline keep sk...
  • Garciamm624
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost my liked songs after update

hi all so I done the new update on my phone and I went back onto Spotify and I went to my liked songs folder and all the songs have gone but folder still there ? Anyone able to help how I can get it all back without putting them all back myself ?

• Visitor
  • hi all so I done the new update on my phone and I went back onto Spotify and I went to my liked songs folder and all the songs have gone but folder still there ? Anyone able to help how I can get it ...
  • Lisavyvy
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone App Login Issue (no error message)

PlanPremium CountryUnited Kingdom DeviceiPhone XR Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or IssueI went on to my Spotify app this afternoon to find I’d been logged out, so I checked my emails and I had an email from no-reply saying my password had been r...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country United Kingdom   Device iPhone XR   Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue I went on to my Spotify app this afternoon to find I’d bee...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes