Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can’t be deleted

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueHi, After Spotify kept crashing this morning, I decided to try and delete the app and thought it would help. I’m not sure how, but only the icon disappears, Yet ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country United States Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Hi, After Spotify kept crashing this morning, I decided to try and delete the...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution spotify ios app wont load images or podcasts

PlanPremium (student)CountryNetherlands (country of account), Switzerland (country of use)DeviceiPhone SE (Gen 6)Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1App version8.5.65.787 My Question or IssueMy Spotify iOS app does not load images or any details of podcasts. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (student) Country Netherlands (country of account), Switzerland (country of use) Device iPhone SE (Gen 6) Operating System iOS 12.3.1 App version 8.5.65.787   My Question...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Images
    ios app
    Podcasts
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Why can't I see the new lyrics feature?

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysia DeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueI am really sad that I am unable to see the new lyrcis feature, and I have even tried logging in my acc on my friend's device - which btw the feature on her ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia   Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue I am really sad that I am unable to see the new lyrcis feature, and I have...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS] Playlists and albums not playing in order - random songs

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone Xs)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) My Question or IssueWhen I select a song, album or playlist, only that one track plays but then it jumps to a random song not in my library, liked songs, playlists and not in the album...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone Xs) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   My Question or Issue When I select a song, album or playlist, only that one track plays but then it jumps to ...
  • Cibi12
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Albums
    music
    playback
    shuffle
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No videos. No lyrics. Why?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceOneplus 6TOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueAfter years of resisting getting a paid subscription to Spotify I finally broke down and am enjoying the benefits. However, I am puzzled by what to me at least are se...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Oneplus 6T Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue After years of resisting getting a paid subscription to Spotify I finally broke down and a...
  • MusicCanHelp
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • features
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please enable shuffle play of all followed artists

Is It's very frustrating that I can't just have a random shuffle of all songs from all followed artists. Please do something about this, at least for paying members otherwis I'll probably switch over Pandora who I hear have this function.

• Is It's very frustrating that I can't just have a random shuffle of all songs from all followed artists. Please do something about this, at least for paying members otherwis I'll probably switch over...
  • griphzero
  • 3 replies
  • 38 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 38 likes

Local Files Without Album Art (only on iOS)

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueI've seen multiple threads for this issue over the years, yet I still have not found a fix that works - so I suppose this is a final desperate attempt. ...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue I've seen multiple threads for this issue over the years, yet I still have n...
  • adriansy_03
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album
    album art
    art
    files
    iOS
    local
    local files
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Force Touch menu not updating

hi team, on my iPhone 11 Pro when I force touch the Spotify icon app, the menu gives me a view on playlist that I’ve listen many many months ago. It never gets refreshed. if I click one of the suggested playlist, they just won’t play either. any idea...

B9CC4599-913A-4EE1-BEFE-5EB5DBC4FDF6.jpeg
  • Visitor
  • hi team, on my iPhone 11 Pro when I force touch the Spotify icon app, the menu gives me a view on playlist that I’ve listen many many months ago. It never gets refreshed.    if I click on...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 1 likes

New albums

PlanFreeCountryUkDeviceIphone 6sOperating System Latest iosMy Question or Issueno albums allowing me to view the tracklist. Has this “feature” been removed cause i cant see all the songs on a album. Any help appreciated.

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country Uk Device Iphone 6s Operating System   Latest ios My Question or Issue no albums allowing me to view the tracklist. Has this “feature” been removed cause i cant see a...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[iOS] Spotify cannot be reinstalled/deleted after app crash

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 6s Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or Issue Like many users, my Spotify app crashed suddenly a few days back. After that it kept crashing when I've tried to open it.After multiple deletions and installations & switchin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium    Device iPhone 6s   Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue   Like many users, my Spotify app crashed suddenly a few days back. Afte...
  • Joel-M
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Audiobooks ‘similar artists’ disappeared

I recently found that you can listen to audiobooks on Spotify, although it can be difficult to chose a book to listen to with the way books come up on Spotify.I found that you could choose ‘similar artist’ for the author of the book, and other simila...

• I recently found that you can listen to audiobooks on Spotify, although it can be difficult to chose a book to listen to with the way books come up on Spotify. I found that you could choose ‘similar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Push notifications

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueI have read in another post that push notifications are disabled for every platform. My question is why and will it ever be enabled again? It can be frustra...

• Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue I have read in another post that push notifications are disabled for every platf...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Keeps switching the song every time I go into a new playlist.

Plan: PremiumCountry: Canada Device: iPhone XROperating System: iOS 13.5.1 Every single time I have a song playing and go into a new album just to browse songs to add to queue it changes my song to the first one of that album. Super frustrating that ...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Canada Device: iPhone XR Operating System: iOS 13.5.1   Every single time I have a song playing and go into a new album just to browse songs to a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify App crashes on startup IOS

PlanPremiumCountryAustriaDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueMy Spotify App crashes instantly on startup since I updated it to the newest version.I have two things I might did wrong I played music with Spotify while updating...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Austria Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue My Spotify App crashes instantly on startup since I updated it to the newest version. ...
  • EthanS1
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Getting spotify premium on Iphone not working

My Question or IssueI have subscribed for a premium account on my macbook which seems to be working fine, but I am unable to download the app on my iphone SE5.Several years ago I downloaded the free version with a different email account on the iphon...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I have subscribed for a premium account on my macbook which seems to be working fine, but I am unable to download the app on my iphone SE5. Several years ago I downloaded the f...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of Library gone, Playlists greyed out

Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueJust looked at my library and playlists.My playlists are greyed out and the vast majority of the hundreds of songs I had in my Library (all of which I often list...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPhone XR   Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Just looked at my library and playlists. My playlists are greye...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Compensation?

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueHi! How is Spotify planning to compensate us, Premium members, for not being able to use the App at all for the whole day?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Hi! How is Spotify planning to compensate us, Premium members, for not being able to use ...
  • Juantxón
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app keeps crashing on open

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone 11 ProOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueWas using the Spotify iOS app to play music through a Bluetooth speaker and the app crashed halfway through a song. The app now crashes within moments of op...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia   Device iPhone 11 Pro Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue Was using the Spotify iOS app to play music through a Bluetooth speaker a...
  • Monitherese
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify can’t open this type of link on this device

PremiumUSAiPhone XiOS 13.5.1When attempting to open “Liked Songs” playlist I get the message above. Songs will play but playlist won’t open. I’ve tried power cycling phone and reunstalling app, and logging out and in.

• Visitor
  • Premium USA iPhone X iOS 13.5.1 When attempting to open “Liked Songs” playlist I get the message above. Songs will play but playlist won’t open. I’ve tried power cycling phone and reunstalling ap...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Rapid Skipping/Stuttering IOS

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueFor months now my Spotify will either play ok, Or just start rapid fire skipping entire playlists and never stopping. I can’t even close the app and reopen it continu...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue For months now my Spotify will either play ok, Or just start rapid fire ski...
  • DassTeeni
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • glitching
    Help Spotify!
    skipping
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes