Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked Songs Option Gone

I noticed yesterday the look of Spotify changed. I went to an artist page and there was a Downloaded Songs button right up near the Following button, very handy for bands that I download just the songs I need and not full albums. Please tell me there...

• Visitor
  • I noticed yesterday the look of Spotify changed. I went to an artist page and there was a Downloaded Songs button right up near the Following button, very handy for bands that I download just the son...
  • Centanjr87
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't sort playlists (desktop and mobile)

I want to sort my playlists to put the newest ones first. I found several articles on Google about how to do this but when I try to follow the steps, the UI I seem to have in both my Desktop and iOS versions does not match with what the article says....

• Casual Listener
  • I want to sort my playlists to put the newest ones first. I found several articles on Google about how to do this but when I try to follow the steps, the UI I seem to have in both my Desktop and iOS ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone crash

PlanFreeCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone XR Operating SystemiOS 13.5.1 Soft Ware Version My Question or IssueI stared to listen to music recently and I use AirPods (don’t know if that helps) to listen to music. This problem never happened before unt...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country United States  Device iPhone XR  Operating System iOS 13.5.1 Soft Ware Version    My Question or Issue I stared to listen to music recently and I use A...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist to Yamaha TSR 7810 sometimes repeat song even if iOS app seems to play next song

Plan: FamilyFree/Premium: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhone XS maxYamaha AVR 7810(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System: iOS 13.5.1(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue :When playing Playlist ( buil...

• Plan: Family Free/Premium: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone XS max Yamaha AVR 7810 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System: iOS 13.5.1 (iOS 10, Android&n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Did they roll out the terrible features from their desktop app to their mobile app?

For a while now, the desktop app has had this terribly designed feature when you go to YOUR OWN LIBRARY and click and artist in YOUR LIBRARY, it just brings you to the bands general page. So you can't just throw on all the tracks you've saved from a ...

• Casual Listener
  • For a while now, the desktop app has had this terribly designed feature when you go to YOUR OWN LIBRARY and click and artist in YOUR LIBRARY, it just brings you to the bands general page. So you can'...
  • nickcalc
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes

Queue Bug

 PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

E13EBEEA-07F4-4DAA-89E7-6CBC39515DC6.png
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue &nbs...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Favorite artist songs not showing up

When I click to view my artist none of the songs I have saved show up and when I click the artist it takes me straight to their page. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing.

• Casual Listener
  • When I click to view my artist none of the songs I have saved show up and when I click the artist it takes me straight to their page. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still nothing. 
  • Xenia
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Last song of the queue disappears

I have noticed that if I add several songs to the queue the last one always disappears. And what I mean is... it’s there but, both the letters and the handle on the right (to move it up/down the queue) are either black or not showing. I couldn’t atta...

• I have noticed that if I add several songs to the queue the last one always disappears. And what I mean is... it’s there but, both the letters and the handle on the right (to move it up/down the queu...
  • zyfuller
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Omni s2 no longer connects

Country usDevice iPhone 11Operating System 13.5.1In the last few days the Omni s2 no longer appears on Spotify connect on any of 3 iOS devices I have (2 phones and a tablet). Tablet is on an older iOS version. The Polk app connects. I’ve tried deleti...

• Casual Listener
  • Country us Device iPhone 11 Operating System 13.5.1 In the last few days the Omni s2 no longer appears on Spotify connect on any of 3 iOS devices I have (2 phones and a tablet).   Table...
  • Kevx
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Omni s2 connection
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Connectivity Issue

PlanFreeDeviceIphone 6sOperating SystemIOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueSo , when my wifi is turned on, my spotify works perfectly. As soon as i turn on my mobile data, my spotify says that its connecting, but its not getting connected. I tried everyth...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Device Iphone 6s Operating System IOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue So , when my wifi is turned on, my spotify works perfectly. As soon as i turn on my mobile data, my ...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to the elapsed time bar?

Hi. I have Spotify Premium. I make playlists on my desktop Mac, and then sync them to my iPad and iPhone 11 (both with the most current ioS as of 6/15/20). When a song is playing on my Mac, listening to a Spotify playlist, I can see where I am in the...

• Regular
  • Hi.  I have Spotify Premium.  I make playlists on my desktop Mac, and then sync them to my iPad and iPhone 11 (both with the most current ioS as of 6/15/20).     When a song is ...
  • MrGC
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Iphone syncing

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemIOS My Question or IssueI didnt know that syncing your local files was an option until I looked it up today. So I went ahead and tried to do it, and was met with a message on my phone saying now ...

dumb spotify.jpg dumb spotify 2.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 6s Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue I didnt know that syncing your local files was an option until I looked it up today. So I went ...
  • andrew_9099
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding Cover Art to Synced Files

Plan: premiumCountry: usaDevice: iphone 8sOperating System: ios I was successfully able to sync some local files from my mac to my phone, but many songs are missing cover art. The cover art is there on my mac, but not my phone. How do I fix this?

IMG-0684.PNG IMG-0683.PNG
  • Visitor
  • Plan: premium Country: usa Device: iphone 8s Operating System: ios   I was successfully able to sync some local files from my mac to my phone, but many songs are missing cover art. The cove...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No Airplay on iPad

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPad Pro, pixel 2xlOperating Systemios Android When I switch to Homepod on iPad with Airplay , Siri says Spotify is on another device and won’t play... I’ve never had this problem before... it’s always played the speaker. Is...

•   Plan Premium Country US Device iPad Pro, pixel 2xl Operating System ios Android   When I switch to Homepod on iPad with Airplay , Siri says Spotify is on another device and won’...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Airplay
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 7 premium plan for a year. Wont let me search for songs and play them out of wifi

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hey Siri only works once

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone SE and iPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13.4.1 and 13.5.1 My Question or IssueIf you say "Hey Siri, play xxx on Spotify" it works fine, then now your phone will not react to "Hey Siri" (So can't change song etc.). This is ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone SE and iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13.4.1 and 13.5.1   My Question or Issue If you say "Hey Siri, play xxx on Spotify" it works fine, then now y...
  • vibes01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Top Genres

PlanPremiumCountryU.SOperating SystemIOS My Question or IssueMy top genres used to be rock, indie, hip hop, and punk, but now Spotify will only show rock and indie. Is this a new update? Thanks!

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country U.S Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue My top genres used to be rock, indie, hip hop, and punk, but now Spotify will only show rock and indie. Is this a new...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files stopped showing up on iPhone

DeviceiPhone 8/MacBook ProOperating SystemiOS 13.4.1/macOS 10.13 My Question or IssueI wanted to download a song as a local file onto my account (which I've done before and it has worked every other time) and once I did so, I tried to sync it with my...

• Casual Listener
  •   Device iPhone 8/MacBook Pro Operating System iOS 13.4.1/macOS 10.13   My Question or Issue I wanted to download a song as a local file onto my account (which I've done before and i...
  • supertotoro
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Inappropriate Homepage Recommendations

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: IPhone XSMy Question or Issue: I am trying to change the pinned recommendations from my Spotify homepage. For numerous days now I have received the recommendation for Joe Budden's podcast right when I open the app and...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: IPhone XS My Question or Issue: I am trying to change the pinned recommendations from my Spotify homepage. For numerous days now I have received t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify no longer working on apple watch 5

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone Xr)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) I can't seem to get my spotify to work with my apple watch 5 (OS 6.2.6 - cellular) unless i have my phone (Xr - OS 13.5.1)) with me. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling as we...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone Xr) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   I can't seem to get my spotify to work with my apple watch 5 (OS 6.2.6 - cellular) unless i have my phone (...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes