Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Offline music still being deleted

Ah, the ongoing misery of being a Spotify Premium member.... Today I left the house and turn on Spotify on my iPhone to find that (yet again, again, again and again) most of my offline albums have been undownloaded (again). This is an unresolved recu...

• Roadie
  • Ah, the ongoing misery of being a Spotify Premium member....   Today I left the house and turn on Spotify on my iPhone to find that (yet again, again, again and again) most of my offline album...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files and ensuring they stay downloaded on iPhone.

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone 11Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Hello, I wanted to ensure any local files I have downloaded from my desktop to my device stay there now and are not made unavailable (grey...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   Hello,   I wanted to ensure any local ...
  • Ddavies
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Filter

PlanPremiumCountryHondurasDevice(iPhone 8 plus)Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueI’m having issues with my filter feature. When I want to filter by artist in my liked songs playlist, it doesn´t display all of the liked songs I have of that...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Honduras Device (iPhone 8 plus) Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue I’m having issues with my filter feature. When I want to filter by artist ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Specific podcast disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 11 proOperating SystemiOS 13.4.1 A specific podcast(Dean Delray’s Let There Be Talk) I listen to has totally disappeared from my app, both on iPhone, and iPad. I had episodes downloaded on my phone ready to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 11 pro Operating System iOS 13.4.1   A specific podcast(Dean Delray’s Let There Be Talk) I listen to has totally disappeared from my app...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music Randomly Pausing On iOS

Plan PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.2.2I keep trying to play music on Spotify and lately it has been pausing randomly during my listening. May it be a few times a song or once an hour, but it has not stopped

• Visitor
  • Plan  Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.2.2 I keep trying to play music on Spotify and lately it has been pausing randomly during my listening. May it be a f...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle on Albums & Playlists - ALWAYS ON!

PlanPremiumCountryUK/GBDeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS 13.5.1 My Question or IssueThis has been going on for some time now, and no, I don't want to tap to remove the shuffle once I'm in the album or playlist. It shouldn't be automatically ...

• Plan Premium Country UK/GB Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS 13.5.1   My Question or Issue This has been going on for some time now, and no, I don't want to tap to remove t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    Albums
    always on
    Playlists
    shuffle
    shuffle always on
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Like dislike button disappeared

hello, since last week I can’t give feedback on my weekly mix. I tried to reinstall the app and it worked. But the next time I opened it the buttons disappeared again. I tried that a few times and nothing changed. I use Spotify on iOS and the latest ...

• Visitor
  • hello,  since last week I can’t give feedback on my weekly mix. I tried to reinstall the app and it worked. But the next time I opened it the buttons disappeared again. I tried that a few times...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify won’t connect to internet, Apple Music and iHeart work fine. Paying for premium!

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty unnamed playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUS Device(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 13.4.1) My Question or IssueI have a string of empty, unnamed playlists at the bottom of my “Playlists” section. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t work, deleting cache. I even got a new p...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 13.4.1)   My Question or Issue I have a string of empty, unnamed playlists at the bottom of my “Playlists” sect...
  • rayadverb
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify still uses mobile data even when blocked in settings

In the iOS Settings, under Mobile Data, I blocked Spotify from using mobile data. Although, as soon as i'm off my Wifi, spotify starts to use mobile data, which i can easily prove in the mobile data statistics. It seems to be a pretty old or recurrin...

• Casual Listener
  • In the iOS Settings, under Mobile Data, I blocked Spotify from using mobile data. Although, as soon as i'm off my Wifi, spotify starts to use mobile data, which i can easily prove in the mobile data ...
  • Fishtaco
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • mobile data consumption
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] iOS device volume gets adjusted to Spotify volume on Computer

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceiPhone 11Operating SystemiOS 13.5 My Question or IssueWhen I'm listening to music through the Spotify Desktop App on Windows 10 and I open the iOS Spotify App just to control the Desktop one, then the iOS App adj...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device iPhone 11 Operating System iOS 13.5   My Question or Issue When I'm listening to music through the Spotify Desktop App on Windows 10 and I op...
  • jfe
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - A weird one...

Hello all. First, a quick system and network summary: I have four discrete networks; 2.4GHz wireless, 5GHz wireless, wired Powerline and Sonos Mesh via a Sonos Boost all going into a single router. All software and systems up to date with latest vers...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all.   First, a quick system and network summary: I have four discrete networks; 2.4GHz wireless, 5GHz wireless, wired Powerline and Sonos Mesh via a Sonos Boost all going into a single ...
  • bluesden
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! [iOS][Developer] Will Spotify Be Making Their Own DJ App?

Since Spotify is shutting down its integration with third party DJ apps, will it be making its own DJ app similar to apps like DJay? I think that if they shut down third party app support, then they should make their own similar app, that way they do...

• Casual Listener
  • Since Spotify is shutting down its integration with third party DJ apps, will it be making its own DJ app similar to apps like DJay? I think that if they shut down third party app support, then they ...
  • KrijntjeK
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Developer
    iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to disable data saver

Plan: Premium Family membership Country: GermanyDevice: iPhone 7 PlusOperating System: iOS 13.5 My Question or Issue I cannot disable Data saver mode. My decide is running the latest iOS version, I removed and reinstalled the app and turned off the c...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Family membership  Country: Germany Device: iPhone 7 Plus Operating System: iOS 13.5   My Question or Issue   I cannot disable Data saver mode. My decide i...
  • Roadie1990
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how to go directly to artist page

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone 5s)Operating System(iOS 12.3.1) My Question or IssueWhen I look at the artists in my library on the app there's a couple that have [number] Songs underneath their name. If I click on any other artist it'll just tak...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone 5s) Operating System (iOS 12.3.1)   My Question or Issue When I look at the artists in my library on the app there's a couple that have ...
  • m_ita0
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify daily mix not endless

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issue All of my daily mixes are now only 50 songs instead of endless. I have reinstalled the app, updated the app, and updated my phone. It started yesterday so this is the seco...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue  All of my daily mixes are now only 50 songs instead of endless. I have reinstalled...
  • icarmona
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t see the album covers on music I’ve posted

My album got posted the other day and I saw in my distributor that it had an album cover but when I go on the Spotify for artists app it’s just a grey square with default logo and same when I search for it on Spotify, also my name doesn’t come up if ...

• Visitor
  • My album got posted the other day and I saw in my distributor that it had an album cover but when I go on the Spotify for artists app it’s just a grey square with default logo and same when I search ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone keeps triggering my Amps built in Chromecast

When using Spotify Connect on my Pioneer Amp I have been having the issue that if I control the music from my iPhone and I have left the spotify app and I re-enter the app then it will turn off the music and trigger the built in Chromecast on my Amp ...

• Casual Listener
  • When using Spotify Connect on my Pioneer Amp I have been having the issue that if I control the music from my iPhone and I have left the spotify app and I re-enter the app then it will turn off the m...
  • Freakazoid75
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iphone
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

All playlists deleted - please help

Hi there! I tried to upgrade my free account to paid student version (just became a student), and instead what happened was it chucked me out of spotify, and when I reset the password with the email that I used to registered, ALL of my playlists were...

• Visitor
  • Hi there! I tried to upgrade my free account to paid student version (just became a student), and instead what happened was it chucked me out of spotify, and when I reset the password with the email ...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird circling under the playlist name

Hi, I’m facing an issue regarding this weird continuous circling under the playlist name after the playlist is downloaded. It basically never ends, I tried to see if I could delete the playlist from the download and try again but I still see the cont...

5F8F4941-34D8-4E18-9695-09C875E5E0F9.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I’m facing an issue regarding this weird continuous circling under the playlist name after the playlist is downloaded. It basically never ends, I tried to see if I could delete the playl...
  • nev_s
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bugs issues
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes