Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Spotify daily mix not endless

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 13 My Question or Issue All of my daily mixes are now only 50 songs instead of endless. I have reinstalled the app, updated the app, and updated my phone. It started yesterday so this is the seco...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 13   My Question or Issue  All of my daily mixes are now only 50 songs instead of endless. I have reinstalled...
  • icarmona
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution I can’t see the album covers on music I’ve posted

My album got posted the other day and I saw in my distributor that it had an album cover but when I go on the Spotify for artists app it’s just a grey square with default logo and same when I search for it on Spotify, also my name doesn’t come up if ...

• Visitor
  • My album got posted the other day and I saw in my distributor that it had an album cover but when I go on the Spotify for artists app it’s just a grey square with default logo and same when I search ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • artist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone keeps triggering my Amps built in Chromecast

When using Spotify Connect on my Pioneer Amp I have been having the issue that if I control the music from my iPhone and I have left the spotify app and I re-enter the app then it will turn off the music and trigger the built in Chromecast on my Amp ...

• Casual Listener
  • When using Spotify Connect on my Pioneer Amp I have been having the issue that if I control the music from my iPhone and I have left the spotify app and I re-enter the app then it will turn off the m...
  • Freakazoid75
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iphone
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

All playlists deleted - please help

Hi there! I tried to upgrade my free account to paid student version (just became a student), and instead what happened was it chucked me out of spotify, and when I reset the password with the email that I used to registered, ALL of my playlists were...

• Visitor
  • Hi there! I tried to upgrade my free account to paid student version (just became a student), and instead what happened was it chucked me out of spotify, and when I reset the password with the email ...
  • SoundShots
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird circling under the playlist name

Hi, I’m facing an issue regarding this weird continuous circling under the playlist name after the playlist is downloaded. It basically never ends, I tried to see if I could delete the playlist from the download and try again but I still see the cont...

5F8F4941-34D8-4E18-9695-09C875E5E0F9.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I’m facing an issue regarding this weird continuous circling under the playlist name after the playlist is downloaded. It basically never ends, I tried to see if I could delete the playl...
  • nev_s
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bugs issues
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working with Siri

So, when Spotify and Siri started to get along a few days ago, it was working fine on my phone, but today I tried to run some play commands that I have used before, and I keep getting "Sorry, there was a problem with the app" and an option to open Sp...

• Music Fan
  • So, when Spotify and Siri started to get along a few days ago, it was working fine on my phone, but today I tried to run some play commands that I have used before, and I keep getting "Sorry, there w...
  • hlaraujo
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Connect] Change volume from apple watch

Hi Team,Actually I'm writing this mail not for a new idea. I'm writing this because I noticed that I am not able to change music volume directly from Spotify app using Apple Watch when using HomePod.I have Spotify installed on my Apple Watch and my I...

• Hi Team, Actually I'm writing this mail not for a new idea. I'm writing this because I noticed that I am not able to change music volume directly from Spotify app using Apple Watch when using HomePo...
  • rocasa
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Connect
    iOS
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Music randomly stops playing

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 13.5.1) My Question or IssueFor quite some time now, when my phone is locked, music randomly stops and starts playing, stops and so on. I already tried deleting, re-starting the phone and...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 13.5.1)   My Question or Issue For quite some time now, when my phone is locked, music randomly stops and starts p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Delete Songs from Playlists

The app on my iPhone is not letting me delete songs from my playlists like I used to be able to do (swipe left and click "Delete" button). Please help!

• Casual Listener
  • The app on my iPhone is not letting me delete songs from my playlists like I used to be able to do (swipe left and click "Delete" button). Please help!
  • cliffyak
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Fix iPhone playing issues

When you go to skip, it shows  is there a way to fix/resolve?

2E10A90C-C283-48EE-8FCE-D09955EF3901.jpeg
  • Regular
  • When you go to skip, it shows   is there a way to fix/resolve?
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect

PlanPremiumCountryAustria DeviceApple TV 4KOperating SystemTV OS 13.4.6 My Question or Issue Spotify Connect is only available (e.g. on my iPhone and Macbook) if the Spotify App is manually opened on the Apple TV. So my request for the next update: P...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Austria   Device Apple TV 4K Operating System TV OS 13.4.6   My Question or Issue   Spotify Connect is only available (e.g.  on my iPhone and...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple TV
    background
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New version of spotify really drained my battery (ios)

PlanPremiumCountryThailandDeviceIphone se 2020Operating Systemios13.5 My Question or IssueI’m running spotify 8.5.60.881 on my iphone se right now and I noticed that it really drained my battery. It was like every 3 minutes my battery percentage lost...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Thailand Device Iphone se 2020 Operating System ios13.5   My Question or Issue I’m running spotify 8.5.60.881 on my iphone se right now and I noticed that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded songs quit playing

iPhone 11 ProiOS 13.4.1 This has been a problem with Spotify on my iPhone for quite a while. I used to think it was because I would have a spotty cellular when I am out and about (the problem never occurs when I am on WiFi). I downloaded favorite pla...

• Visitor
  • iPhone 11 Pro iOS 13.4.1   This has been a problem with Spotify on my iPhone for quite a while. I used to think it was because I would have a spotty cellular when I am out and about (the prob...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Now playing button not working

Has anyone had this problem? Usually it goes to current song playing but now for some reason when I hit the button it doesn't do anything so I can't see what's playing or pause/restart the song. Help! I have an iPhone if that helps. Thanks

• Has anyone had this problem? Usually it goes to current song playing but now for some reason when I hit the button it doesn't do anything so I can't see what's playing or pause/restart the song. Help...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Dislike Artist/Song feature gone

Dislike buttons have disappeared from Discover weekly and release radar playlists. I worked with Spotify cares twitter for a while but that didn’t help. The only thing I found that brings it back is signing out and back in, but only stays until the n...

• Regular
  • Dislike buttons have disappeared from Discover weekly and release radar playlists. I worked with Spotify cares twitter for a while but that didn’t help. The only thing I found that brings it back is ...
  • Dudedude336
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

App skipping song/jumping a minute in when selecting speaker

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceiPhone 11 Pro MaxOperating SystemiOS13.5 My Question or Issue When playing music and then sending it to a speaker (in this case, my Windows PC running Spotify), the iOS app will skip the song or move forward a minute or so....

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US   Device iPhone 11 Pro Max Operating System iOS13.5   My Question or Issue   When playing music and then sending it to a speaker (in this case, my W...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs stop playing with 1 second left

I've had this problem with a few of the songs I have saved. They will play all the way through with no problem until the last second or two. It still says the song is playing, it's just stuck at the last second and won't move on to the next song. Any...

• Regular
  • I've had this problem with a few of the songs I have saved. They will play all the way through with no problem until the last second or two. It still says the song is playing, it's just stuck at the ...
  • Daniel208
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's owned podcasts are not playing properly

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceiPhone X and iPad air (3rd generation)Operating SystemiOS 13.5 and iPad 13.5 My Question or IssueSome of the Spotify's owned podcasts such as "XRey" or "Entiende tu mente" are not playing properly. The issue is when I cli...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device iPhone X and iPad air (3rd generation) Operating System iOS 13.5 and iPad 13.5   My Question or Issue Some of the Spotify's owned podcasts such as "XR...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • podcast
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

mac desktop starts always first track via iphone

PlanPremium Device(iPhone SE iOS 13.5 Spotify 8.5.59.118(last Version); Mac Mini MacOS 10.8.5 (Spotify 1.0.24.104 (last working Version) ) My Question or IssueIf i use my iPhone to playing music over my MacMini, its starts always with the first track...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium     Device (iPhone SE iOS 13.5 Spotify 8.5.59.118(last Version); Mac Mini MacOS 10.8.5 (Spotify 1.0.24.104 (last working Version) )   My Question or Issue ...
  • Nilsen242
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Listen On" list intermittently missing Alexas

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone XsOperating System: 13.3.1 My Question or Issue: After setting up and linking my Spotify account to my Alexa the "Listen On" menu was worked well. I use it often to select music and then play it through one of ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone Xs Operating System: 13.3.1   My Question or Issue:   After setting up and linking my Spotify account to my Alexa the "Listen On" m...
  • Mountaineer20
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes