Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Can't clear play queue completely of all songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 11Operating System(iOS 13.3) My Question or IssueSo I added one of my playlists to my queue. This playlist has over 4000 songs. When I go to my queue I see that I can erase each song individually, but there doesn't se...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 11 Operating System (iOS 13.3)   My Question or Issue So I added one of my playlists to my queue. This playlist has over 4000 songs. When I go to ...
  • foxolope
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Good app but VERY poor service

PlanPremiumCountryUkDevice(iPhone XS Ipad 5, Mac)Operating System(iOS 13.3 phone / iPad, Catalina Mac) My Question or Issue1 have spent a week trying to connect my Discover pro media system in VW Golf to Spotify without success. Main problem is no st...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Uk Device (iPhone XS Ipad 5, Mac) Operating System (iOS 13.3 phone / iPad, Catalina Mac)   My Question or Issue 1 have spent a week trying to connect my Discover p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My Podcast is not adding the latest Epsiode

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueHi,We have a podcast and added it to Spotify at the end of last year. Yesterday we added our latest podcast on our website and it appears on our RSS feed and site, ho...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country UK Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Hi, We have a podcast and added it to Spotify at the end of last year.  Yesterd...
  • frederik_db
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recently played!?

We all hate the new update, so I won’t get in to that. I’m a bit of a neat freak & like to keep my apps clean & tidy. Does anyone know if it’s even possible on this new update to clear my recently played? I know the recently played has been moved but...

• Casual Listener
  • We all hate the new update, so I won’t get in to that.    I’m a bit of a neat freak & like to keep my apps clean & tidy. Does anyone know if it’s even possible on this new update ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 14 likes

Apple TV App Doesn’t Suggest/Recommend Tracks

Hello, I just got the Apple TV app and it’s great, however i can’t figure out how I can get it to keep playing suggested/recommended tracks after an album is finished like you can on the desktop and iOS versions of Spotify. How do I do this?

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I just got the Apple TV app and it’s great, however i can’t figure out how I can get it to keep playing suggested/recommended tracks after an album is finished like you can on the des...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify uses data when connected to wifi and data is turned off

PremiumUSA iPhone 7iOS 13.3 Spotify uses data while I am connected to wifi and while data is turned off on my phone's operating system. I don't want to set the app to "offline" because then I only have access to downloaded music and can't access anyt...

• Visitor
  • Premium USA   iPhone 7 iOS 13.3   Spotify uses data while I am connected to wifi and while data is turned off on my phone's operating system.  I don't want to set the app to "off...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • wifi
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How is CarPlay controlled?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 11) My Question or IssueWondering who is responsible for the UI of the Spotify CarPlay design? Is it up to Spotify, the radio manufacturer, another party or a combo of some of these? I'm using a JVC head unit in my ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 11)     My Question or Issue Wondering who is responsible for the UI of the Spotify CarPlay design? Is it up to Spotify, the radio manufactu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes Car Play

Device: iPhone 8, IOS 12.3.1Chevy Volt 2018 with Apple Car Play I'm using Spotify to play downloaded playlists in my car via Apple Car Play.When I connect my phone via USB, and try to play a song, randomly the whole car play crashes: the phone discon...

• Device: iPhone 8, IOS 12.3.1 Chevy Volt 2018 with Apple Car Play   I'm using Spotify to play downloaded playlists in my car via Apple Car Play. When I connect my phone via USB, and...
  • uresam
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Recently played artist not updating on profile

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iphone 7Operating System: iOS 13.3My Question or Issue: Since Dec 2019 my recently played artist stopped updating. I tried the recommended resolution however it didn't work. Please advise how to resolve this issue.

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iphone 7 Operating System: iOS 13.3 My Question or Issue: Since  Dec 2019 my recently played artist stopped updating.  I tried the recommended&nb...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Mobile app suddenly only allows shuffle play

Hello, I've been using Spotify (free) for a week or so, and today the iOS app suddenly only lets me use shuffle play. The desktop and iPad apps are working fine, it's just the phone app that's affected, and I've received no notification nor could fin...

• Visitor
  • Hello, I've been using Spotify (free) for a week or so, and today the iOS app suddenly only lets me use shuffle play. The desktop and iPad apps are working fine, it's just the phone app that's affect...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Please bring back the scroll bar

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPhone 8 Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueSince the update almost a year ago, the scroll bar has disappeared. I like to have all my likes songs in one place. If I’m listening to a song beginning with A and ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia   Device iPhone 8   Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Since the update almost a year ago, the scroll bar has disappeared...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't play downloaded local files on iPhone any more

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 11 My Question or IssueI was able to download local music files from the Spotify app on Macbook to the Spotify app on iPhone 11. I was also able to play those downloaded files on the iPhone. However, after I ch...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 11   My Question or Issue I was able to download local music files from the Spotify app on Macbook to the Spotify app on iPhone 11. I was...
  • BigLei
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

My playlist Is not on shuffle, yet my songs aren’t in the order as which they are listed in my playlist. Also, every time I try to go back a song, it takes me back to the song that first played on my playlist for that day

• Visitor
  • My playlist Is not on shuffle, yet my songs aren’t in the order as which they are listed in my playlist. Also, every time I try to go back a song, it takes me back to the song that first played on my...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Continuous Play after one song

I want to be able to pick one song, and then have Spotify continuously play and fill in the queue with similar songs after that. If I go to search and pick a song and play it, Spotify stops after just that one song. Any help? PlanPremiumCountryUSDevi...

• Casual Listener
  • I want to be able to pick one song, and then have Spotify continuously play and fill in the queue with similar songs after that. If I go to search and pick a song and play it, Spotify stops after jus...
  • TylerMoody
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App does not open

PlanPremiumCountryTurkey - DubaiDeviceiPhone 11 proOperating Systemios13.3 My Question or Issue Hi there,I moved to Dubai 2 days ago and bought new phone which I started to use today. Before that I had my spare phone which was an iphone 6s also ios13...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey - Dubai Device iPhone 11 pro Operating System ios13.3   My Question or Issue   Hi there, I moved to Dubai 2 days ago and bought new phone which I sta...
  • osmang
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][macOS] Spotify repeatedly rewinds 10 seconds regardless of playback state

Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone Xs MacBook Pro 15" (2016) Operating System iOS 13.1.2 macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Spotify app version iOS: 8.5.40.252 macOS: 1.1.24.91.g4ca6d5eb My Issue I encountered some very strange behavior on both the iOS and m...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Country USA   Device iPhone Xs MacBook Pro 15" (2016)   Operating System iOS 13.1.2 macOS Catalina 10.15.2   Spotify app version iOS: ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    iOS
    macOS
    playback
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist length missing

i posted about this a month ago and never got an answer... I can’t find the playlist length anymore. If I swipe on the playlist image it doesn’t show. Where is it? I’m on the latest iOS and Spotify

• Roadie
  • i posted about this a month ago and never got an answer... I can’t find the playlist length anymore. If I swipe on the playlist image it doesn’t show. Where is it? I’m on the latest iOS and Spotify&n...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app repeatedly jumps to same playlist from another device

DEVICE: IPhone 11 Pro, IOS 13.3Spotify Premium Subscription, utilizing the iPhone app. I think my Spotify is syncing to another playlist in my office. Trying to play through my Bluetooth headphones. Spotify can see my device and will play music that ...

• Visitor
  • DEVICE: IPhone 11 Pro, IOS 13.3 Spotify Premium Subscription, utilizing the iPhone app.  I think my Spotify is syncing to another playlist in my office. Trying to play through my Bluetooth...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can’t find repeat or shuffle buttons

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceiPad air 2 Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or IssueI can’t seem to find the repeat or shuffle button when I’m playing music and I can’t find the button to view the queue they used to be next to the play/pause bu...

• Plan Premium Country Australia  Device iPad air 2  Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue I can’t seem to find the repeat or shuffle button when I’m playing music a...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to download app when under the system requirements?

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDeviceiphone 5Operating SystemiOS10.3.4 My Question or IssueI have just purchased a second hand iPhone 5, I have got the operating system up to its maximum level of 10.3.4 but the minimum requirements to download Spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device iphone 5 Operating System iOS10.3.4   My Question or Issue I have just purchased a second hand iPhone 5, I have got the operating system up to i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes