Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Same Song Plays Over and Over

When I load the app and click any song to play it is interrupted by another song after a couple seconds... the same song (by Mathia Mutchen) ...who I have never heard of until now. When I try to stop the song it starts to auto play again after a seco...

• Casual Listener
  • When I load the app and click any song to play it is interrupted by another song after a couple seconds... the same song (by Mathia Mutchen) ...who I have never heard of until now.   When I tr...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Duplicates of the same albums

Plan Family Country UK Device iPhone 5S & Windows PC Operating System iOS 10 & Windows 7 & 10 My Question or Issue Why are albums seemingly re-uploaded to the Spotify database with what looks like no changes what so ever? The result is an unorganised...

Saved.PNG Saved_Not.PNG Saved_Dup.PNG
  • Roadie
  • Plan Family Country UK Device iPhone 5S & Windows PC Operating System iOS 10 & Windows 7 & 10   My Question or Issue Why are albums seemingly re-uploaded to the S...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 46 replies
  • 39 likes
  • library saving and removing
    Music And Album Experience
  • 46 replies
  • 39 likes

Solved!! Unable to shuffle filtered liked songs in Liked Songs

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 13.2.3 Often I want to listen to music I like by a certain artist or in a certain album. I would go to my library and then to my liked songs and search for a certain artist or album and then hit shuffle. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.2.3   Often I want to listen to music I like by a certain artist or in a certain album. I would go to my library and then to my liked...
  • Lekgolo143
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Re: Car View Problem

My car view suddenly stopped working too.This should be answerable. (iPhone 6, USB port directly into the deck. No bluetpoth or other. )

• Visitor
  • My car view suddenly stopped working too. This should be answerable.  (iPhone 6, USB port directly into the deck. No bluetpoth or other. )
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Touch Preview

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or Issue Please bring back the touch preview feature. Removing it was a huge mistake and only makes me more hesitant to ever update the app for fear of finding out what new way you’ve made my favorite app...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 8   My Question or Issue   Please bring back the touch preview feature. Removing it was a huge mistake and only makes me more hesi...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Touch preview
  • 3 replies
  • 14 likes

Spotify connect constantly disconnects from Amazon Fire TV even after setting it as a favourite

Device(iPhone in iPad)Operating System(iOS 10+)My Question or IssueI'm playing music through the iPhone or iPad Spotify app and using Spotify Connect to listen on an Amazon Fire TV device. This is the only device I'll ever want to listen to while at ...

• Casual Listener
  • Device (iPhone in iPad) Operating System (iOS 10+) My Question or Issue I'm playing music through the iPhone or iPad Spotify app and using Spotify Connect to listen on an Amazon Fire TV device. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Drain, iPhone 11

Hi, I’m very new to Spotify. Is it normal that massive battery usage ?I’m currently on IOS 13.3

• Visitor
  • Hi, I’m very new to Spotify. Is it normal that massive battery usage ? I’m currently on IOS 13.3
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashing my snapchat

When I take a picture on the camera of my iPhone 7 IOS 13.3 my Spotify premium will stop playing. Also when I am listening to music on Spotify and I take a picture on Snapchat it will crash Snapchat.

• Visitor
  • When I take a picture on the camera of my iPhone 7 IOS 13.3 my Spotify premium will stop playing. Also when I am listening to music on Spotify and I take a picture on Snapchat it will crash Snapchat....
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Removeing my playlist from spotify

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Alarm silent when playing music

PremiumSwitzerlandiPhone XiOS 12.(?) My Question or IssueWhen I put on music on Spotify and set an alarm on the basic apple clock app, the alarm will go off but with no sound. (When Spotify is closed the alarm goes off with sound.) Does anyone have t...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Switzerland iPhone X iOS 12.(?)   My Question or Issue When I put on music on Spotify and set an alarm on the basic apple clock app, the alarm will go off but with no sound.  ...
  • ahart_13
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Premium not working offline

I have the premium plan and been using spotify normally.Now though it’s having a problem that even though I have all my songs saved and downloaded, when the internet is turned off the songs won’t play. Ive already updated the app and restarted my pho...

• Casual Listener
  • I have the premium plan and been using spotify normally. Now though it’s having a problem that even though I have all my songs saved and downloaded, when the internet is turned off the songs won’t p...
  • db_48c-84fc6a
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Unknown song plays starts playing even even attempting to change song

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueSo my spotify stared acting very strange. It randomly start playing the same song i have neve...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue So my s...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Apple CarPlay Wont Sort Playlists

I have my playlists sorted in my Spotify app by “Recently Added,” so the newest songs I’ve added to the playlist are at the top. But when using Apple CarPlay, this doesn’t carry over to my in-car display. Playlists are only sorted by ‘oldest to newes...

• Regular
  • I have my playlists sorted in my Spotify app by “Recently Added,” so the newest songs I’ve added to the playlist are at the top.   But when using Apple CarPlay, this doesn’t carry over to my i...
  • kronofogdn
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple
    Carplay
    Playlists
    recently added
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution What happened to the search option?

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueI recently updated the app. I had not updated it for a long time, so I don't know since when this is happening. In any case, it was a big mistake. I cannot describe how angry t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue I recently updated the app. I had not updated it for a long time, so I don't know since when this...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How can I quickly add songs to a playlist on the iOS app?

Hello! I've recently come over to Spotify from Amazon, and I'm struggling with creating playlists on the iphone app (I have an iPhone XS and the app is up to date.) I have a lot of playlists, and like creating new ones for different events and occasi...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I've recently come over to Spotify from Amazon, and I'm struggling with creating playlists on the iphone app (I have an iPhone XS and the app is up to date.) I have a lot of playlists, and lik...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloads and playlists

So I downloaded a playlist and I was wondering, when I take the song out of the playlist does it automatically un download or do I have to find it out of the playlist and un download it?

• Visitor
  • So I downloaded a playlist and I was wondering, when I take the song out of the playlist does it automatically un download or do I have to find it out of the playlist and un download it?
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where to view artists releases

PlanPremiumCountry USAiphone My Question or IssueI want to look through artists songs that they’ve made how do I do that? Is their a way to search through a artists songs?

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA iphone       My Question or Issue I want to look through artists songs that they’ve made how do I do that? Is their a way to search through a a...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Posting music to Instagram stories, never worked

PremiumUK DeviceIPhone 11 Pro Max. Devices haven’t made a difference Operating SystemiOS 13, latest version of Spotify and instagram My Question or IssueSo over the past year or so, people have been able to post music onto their Instagram stories to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium UK   Device IPhone 11 Pro Max. Devices haven’t made a difference   Operating System iOS 13, latest version of Spotify and instagram   My Question or Issue So over the...
  • _PV
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the use for Friends when the majority use of Spotify (smartphones) can't see them?

Your idea to “Not Right Now” on the many who have suggested that you allow smartphone users to be able to see what their friends are listening to Spotify over their smartphones (iPhone, Android) is absolutely horrible. Pandora, your competition, has ...

• Your idea to “Not Right Now” on the many who have suggested that you allow smartphone users to be able to see what their friends are listening to Spotify over their smartphones (iPhone, Android) is a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Friends
    inability
    iphone
    smartphone
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Display full song title in IOS APP

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDevice(iPhone 8Operating Systemlatest ios My Question or Issue for long song titles, the full title is not accessible. It just has the beginning of the song title and then " . . . " This is the case even when I look at the ti...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device (iPhone 8 Operating System latest ios   My Question or Issue  for long song titles, the full title is not accessible. It just has the begi...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes