Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Autoplay is gone

PlanPremiumCountryLithuaniaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.4.1 So lately I’ve noticed that autoplay (playing similar songs after the playlist songs finish) is not working anymore, so I checked my settings and the toggle button autoplay was green...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Lithuania Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.4.1   So lately I’ve noticed that autoplay (playing similar songs after the playlist songs finish) is not ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm stopping scrobbling for days from Spotify.

Hello I had an issue with scrobbles not posting to last.fm. I tried everything and gave up and made new last.fm and Spotify. This worked briefly. But now it has stopped again.I have:deleted Spotify app and reinstalled.Done any needed update on Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello   I had an issue with scrobbles not posting to last.fm. I tried everything and gave up and made new last.fm and Spotify. This worked briefly. But now it has stopped again. I have: dele...
  • Starrytales
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetical scroll bar

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating SystemiOS 12 When are you adding the alphabetical scroll bar back to the iOS app? You've ruined the UI with the lastest update, so at least add a helpfull feature back so we can find our songs quickly.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone XS Max Operating System iOS 12   When are you adding the alphabetical scroll bar back to the iOS app? You've ruined the UI with the lastest up...
  • Nondre
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

Turning ”Genious” OFF?

Hello! I have been using spotify since the beginning and I have loved it so far, but the genious ”feature” is really starting to annoy me. Why is it mandatory to keep it ON? If I just wanna see the lyrics this feature will force me to educate myself ...

• Visitor
  • Hello!   I have been using spotify since the beginning and I have loved it so far, but the genious ”feature” is really starting to annoy me. Why is it mandatory to keep it ON? If I just wanna ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify API Not sending remote connection callback event after upgrading to latest Spotify app

PremiumCountry USA Device(iPhone XOperating System(OS 12 My Question or IssueI upgraded the Spotify App on my iPhone. After the Spotify API stopped sending the appRemoteDidEstablishConnection notification.

• Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone X Operating System (OS 12   My Question or Issue I upgraded the Spotify App on my iPhone. After the Spotify API stopped sending the appRem...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with playlists

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 8Operating Systemios 12.4 My Question or IssueRecently started program. When I book up the spotify app, it automatically starts playing from a playlist that is not mine. Plays random **bleep** that I would never list...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System ios 12.4   My Question or Issue Recently started program.  When I book up the spotify app, it automatically start...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Why i can't play downloaded music while being offline?

Why i can't play downloaded music while being offline?PlanPremiumCountryEstiniaDeviceIPhone SEOperating SystemIOS My Question or IssueWhy i can't play downloaded music while being offline? As soon as being online, everyhting is fine, but while being ...

• Visitor
  • Why i can't play downloaded music while being offline? Plan Premium Country Estinia Device IPhone SE Operating System IOS   My Question or Issue Why i can't play downloaded music whil...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won’t allow other audio to play on Bluetooth

Spotify works fine until I want to play audio from some other source in my car. Like say YouTube. When I start something on YouTube, Spotify stops for a second, then starts up again. Not allowing YouTube to play its audio. PlanFree/PremiumCountry Dev...

• Visitor
  • Spotify works fine until I want to play audio from some other source in my car. Like say YouTube. When I start something on YouTube, Spotify stops for a second, then starts up again. Not allowing You...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone Spotify wont play on speaker

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceiPhone SEOperating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueRecently my Spotify app has been glitching when I try to play music with my iPhone connected to a speaker by Bluetooth or AUX cord. It wil play music on the external speaker...

• Plan Free Country US Device iPhone SE Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue Recently my Spotify app has been glitching when I try to play music with my iPhone connected to a...
  • Manbearpiet
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Airpods 2 weird behaving

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone XS MAX)Operating System(iOS 12.) Hi, I have recently started using Spotify with my airpods and there is a behaving that is different then default airpods behaviour. Apple officially says: "AirPods also pause and resume playba...

• Plan Premium Device (iPhone XS MAX) Operating System (iOS 12.)     Hi,   I have recently started using Spotify with my airpods and there is a behaving that is different then ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashing on iPhone X

PlanPremiumCountryAUSDeviceIPhone X Operating SystemiOS 12.4 upon updating the app on my phone the app now keeps crashing every time I try to skip songs. I have tried turning off the phone, updating the app, deleting the app and reloading. The app se...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country AUS Device IPhone X  Operating System iOS 12.4   upon updating the app on my phone the app now keeps crashing every time I try to skip songs. I have tr...
  • kurata
  • Casual Listener
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Play "local files" on my mobile device

My Question or IssueWhat's the easiest way to be able to play "local files" that reside on my desktop device on my mobile? After bringing them in to the desktop Spotify client as a playlist I'm able to play them there, and the playlist appears on my ...

• Visitor
  • My Question or Issue What's the easiest way to be able to play "local files" that reside on my desktop device on my mobile? After bringing them in to the desktop Spotify client as a playlist I'm abl...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Abspielen funktioniert offline nicht

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(iPhone 6S)Operating System(iOS 10 My Question or IssueHeruntergeladene Titel (Musik) können offline trotz Premium- Mitgliedschaft nicht abgespielt werden. Bei heruntergeladenen Podcasts funktioniert allerdings auch off...

•   Plan Premium Country Germany Device (iPhone 6S) Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue Heruntergeladene Titel (Musik) können offline trotz Premium- Mitgliedschaft nich...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone is taking over

I have a Premium for family account. When my wife is at home listening to spotify via the Ipad I can see it on my Iphone. But when I step in my car at work and connect my Iphone via bluetooth with the carkit, my Iphone is taking over spotify. So sudd...

• Visitor
  • I have a Premium for family account. When my wife is at home listening to spotify via the Ipad I can see it on my Iphone. But when I step in my car at work and connect my Iphone via bluetooth with th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing songs not on my playlist

Hi, I am a Spotify free user that’s been using this app for a long time, and I have one problem. Why on earth did you make it so there’s shuffle play on IOS ONLY? On pc/tablet I can play anything, so why does iPhone suck, it makes no sense at all, an...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I am a Spotify free user that’s been using this app for a long time, and I have one problem. Why on earth did you make it so there’s shuffle play on IOS ONLY? On pc/tablet I can play anything, so...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded radio stations update in the middle of the day.

I download a radio station in the morning. In the afternoon the radio updates and so the tracks are no longer downloaded. What do I do about that?

• Roadie
  • I download a radio station in the morning. In the afternoon the radio updates and so the tracks are no longer downloaded. What do I do about that?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with disappearing downloads

PlanPremiumCountryUk Device(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueI'm on a road trip through Europe and downloaded a lot of songs on Spotify so that I don't have to stream from roaming mobile data. It worked fine for two weeks but tod...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Uk   Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue I'm on a road trip through Europe and downloaded a lot of songs on Spotify so...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Menu Under "Your Library"

When I hit "Your Library" in bottom right the options that appear at the top of the page are Playlists, Artists and Albums. The Songs option no longer appears. Also when I try to add a song to a playlist "Recommended Songs' comes up Instead of my son...

• Visitor
  • When I hit "Your Library" in bottom right the options that appear at the top of the page are Playlists, Artists and Albums. The Songs option no longer appears. Also when I try to add a song to a play...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Library

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone Xs My Question or Issue:What is up with the new library? It’s terrible. 75% of my saves songs are gone and my library is 25% of what it was before. I can’t also can’t save new song unless I add them to a personal pla...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone Xs    My Question or Issue: What is up with the new library?  It’s terrible.  75% of my saves songs are gone and my library is 25% o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes