Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify Mobile not letting me pick songs when connected to PC

Since the latest update on mobile Spotify hasn’t let me use my phone to pick what specific songs I want to listen to when connected to other devices, PS4 and PC. I’m just curious if that feature was removed or something, since it was easily one of th...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the latest update on mobile Spotify hasn’t let me use my phone to pick what specific songs I want to listen to when connected to other devices, PS4 and PC. I’m just curious if that feature was ...
  • XiR0
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • missing feature
    support
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

my spotify ui chaged

PlanPremiumDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS12 My Question or Issue my ui just changed. now it only shows ‘playlists’ ‘artists’ and ‘albums’the albums only appear if they’re full saved and all my song went to a playlist called ‘liked songs’ that can’...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Device iPhone X Operating System iOS12   My Question or Issue   my ui just changed. now it only shows ‘playlists’ ‘artists’ and ‘albums’ the albums only appea...
  • wyattlewis
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Podcast not playing certain episodes

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 12.4 My Question or IssueI'm listening to Root of evil podcast and 3 of the episodes aren't working. Whenever I play it the time bar doesn't move and nothing plays. I've tried reinstalling spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 12.4   My Question or Issue I'm listening to Root of evil podcast and 3 of the episodes aren't working. Whenever I pla...
  • Robert_W
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Song stopped playing and I can’t play it now

PlanPremium CountryUSA Device(iPhone XS) Operating System(iOS 12.3.1) My Question or IssueI was listening to this song and all of a sudden it just stopped playing and now I can’t listen to it again.

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium   Country USA   Device (iPhone XS)   Operating System (iOS 12.3.1)   My Question or Issue I was listening to this song and all of a sudden it jus...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify freezes and stops music playback after ads. Still. In late 2017.

See screenshot at: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-Free-Freeze-on-Ads/m-p/1836010#M87634 This bug has been posted by many people for several years now. Could we get this prioritized with devs? It forces your customers to quit the app...

• See screenshot at:  https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Spotify-Free-Freeze-on-Ads/m-p/1836010#M87634   This bug has been posted by many people for several years now.   Could ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • angry
    Crash
    freeze
    iOS
    UX
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot follow playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.0.1 My Question or Issue I am having trouble following a shared, public playlist. I follow several other playlists without issue, but when I try to follow "Sunday Chill" by "divusmu...

• Plan Premium Country United States  Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.0.1   My Question or Issue  I am having trouble following a shared, public playlist. I follow s...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Like/Dislike Button Gone, Will Cancel Premium Immediately If Not Resolved ASAP

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceIphone 7Operating SystemIOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueSpotify version 8.4.97.There is no like/dislike button appearing on radio. This is ridiculous and I am not paying for this if there is not a resolution. I tri...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Iphone 7 Operating System IOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Spotify version 8.4.97. There is no like/dislike button appearing on radio. This ...
  • Darshane83
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Strange electrical noise appears at the end of songs of one album.

PlanPremium or FreeCountryUSADevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueThe album's link is: https://open.spotify.com/album/7JIvI4xEQCnONW1v2Mm0ByEvery time I play the song of this album to the end, and when it automatically switch ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium or Free Country USA Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue The album's link is: https://open.spotify.com/album/7JIvI4xEQCnONW1v2Mm0By Eve...
  • eyreyoung
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album
    noise
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote Control

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI am a free user so I don't feel like I have much say and most of the users I see posting are premium users but I use my laptop to listen a lot and am grateful that I can pi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I am a free user so I don't feel like I have much say and most of the users I see posting ar...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Add songs from album NOT whole album

Hi I like to navigate using albums but I don’t always like/want every song on the album.Apple Music let’s you add just the songs you like from an album and the songs still show up under the album. This doesn’t appear to be the case with Spotify. Spot...

• Visitor
  • Hi    I like to navigate using albums but I don’t always like/want every song on the album. Apple Music let’s you add just the songs you like from an album and the songs still show up un...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlist Not shuffling, other playlists only playing one track.

This problem impacts only on iPhone 7 using iOS 12.3.1, using Spotify App version 8.5.16.642. For simplicity, I will refer to playlists and tracks in generic terms. I usually listen to Playlist 1, and shuffle through the tracks. There are around 1200...

• Casual Listener
  • This problem impacts only on iPhone 7 using iOS 12.3.1, using Spotify App version 8.5.16.642. For simplicity, I will refer to playlists and tracks in generic terms.   I usually listen to Pla...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Your Library
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium doesn't work

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceiPhone 8Operating Systemthe newest iOs My Question or IssueHelp!My Spotify Premium hasn't worked for like two weeks now. I've paid for it, I have tried to log in again, I've tried everything. Music lists doesn't work - ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device iPhone 8 Operating System the newest iOs   My Question or Issue Help! My Spotify Premium hasn't worked for like two weeks now. I've paid for it, I ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

API does not update for device connected over cellular

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceiPhone 6SOperating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or IssueSpotify's API does not seem to update properly for devices connected over cellular. I confirmed this by using Spotify's Console to get the user's playback state (s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device iPhone 6S Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue Spotify's API does not seem to update properly for devices connected over cellul...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Delete song from playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI submitted a new idea to bring back the ability to delete songs from playlists on the mobile app, but someone replied saying it’s still possible by opening the … ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I submitted a new idea to bring back the ability to delete songs from playlists on...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing Local Files from PC (Windows) to iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to sync my local files on my PC to my playlists on my iPhone, however, it is not working. Am I doing it wrong? How do I sync my songs from local files on Windows 10 P...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System  Windows 10    My Question or Issue I am trying to sync my local files on my PC to my playlists on my iPhone, however, it is not wo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play certain songs

Recently I have noticed that when I go onto Spotify and click on certain artists, no songs come up (although it will say how many songs I supposedly have saved) and it says “you have no playable songs by (x artist). go to playback settings to show un...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently I have noticed that when I go onto Spotify and click on certain artists, no songs come up (although it will say how many songs I supposedly have saved) and it says “you have no playable song...
  • siubhan
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium won’t work

I have Spotify Premium but almost all of my saved songs which I’ve downloaded won’t play and i already logged off and in and i also have enough phone storage.CountryGermany Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium but almost all of my saved songs which I’ve downloaded won’t play and i already logged off and in and i also have enough phone storage. Country Germany  Device (iPhone...
  • Anam14897
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all playlists

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevice(iPhone 8Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue i did the app update on my iPhone and now all my playlists are gone! How do I restore my playlists? I have a family plan and those that didn’t update still has al...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device (iPhone 8 Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue   i did the app update on my iPhone and now all my playlists are gone! &nbsp...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Most of my “liked songs” have vanished

PlanPremium CountryUSADeviceiPhone XRMy Question or IssueI don’t know when this happened but I noticed it at least a couple months ago, but originally I had AT LEAST a couple thousand songs, and now in my “liked songs” I only have 801 songs. I am con...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium  Country USA Device iPhone XR My Question or Issue I don’t know when this happened but I noticed it at least a couple months ago, but originally I had AT LEAST a couple thous...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Deleted songs
    missing songs
    saved songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files not syncing with iPhone

Hello, I am currently running Spotify on my iPhone XR, which is on the iOS version 12.3.1I have a family subscription premium account, and have uploaded some local files to Spotify on my Mac, and they will not sync onto my phone.The files play perfec...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I am currently running Spotify on my iPhone XR, which is on the iOS version 12.3.1 I have a family subscription premium account, and have uploaded some local files to Spotify on my Mac, and t...
  • Jelsie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes