Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Where's my Airplay icon?

In short, I've got 2 ipads, 2 iphones, I'm a premium spotify subscriber, I can use the native apple Remote app to stream music from either ios device to either my laptop or to my Denon 3312 Amplifier (which supports Airplay) via Airplay. However, I h...

• Music Fan
  • In short,   I've got 2 ipads, 2 iphones, I'm a premium spotify subscriber, I can use the native apple Remote app to stream music from either ios device to either my laptop or to my Denon 3312 ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 46 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 3 likes

Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists not updating

PlanFreeCountryAustraliaDeviceIPhone XSOperating SystemiOS12My Question or IssueDiscover Weekly and Release Radar playlists not updating. Been this way for over a month.

• Plan Free Country Australia Device IPhone XS Operating System iOS12 My Question or Issue Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists not updating. Been this way for over a month. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium - How free space from iPhone

Hi, I’m a premium user and I have the Spotify Version: 5.6.0.1110 installed in my iPhone. My problem is that Spotify never clean space, when I change the “offline” setting of the playlist. I also tried to uninstall completely Spotify from the iPhone,...

• Regular
  • Hi,             I’m a premium user and I have the Spotify Version: 5.6.0.1110 installed in my iPhone.        &nb...
  • kristatat
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything I play gets repeated by default

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 13My Question or IssueEvery single time I play anything--a song, an album, a playlist--the "repeat" option is on by default. I have to tap it twice to get rid of it. This wouldn't be such a pr...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 13 My Question or Issue Every single time I play anything--a song, an album, a playlist--the "repeat" option is on by default...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Found a song that cannot be played

Plan premiumCountry Canada Device iPhone XROperating System iOS latest My Question or Issuehere are the steps to reproduce the issue:1: search and open the Artist named « Apparat »2: click on « see discography »3: select « DJ-KICK (apparat) 2010 »4: ...

•   Plan premium Country Canada  Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS latest   My Question or Issue here are the steps to reproduce the issue: 1: search and open the Artist name...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS][Discover] New music section doesn't show list of albums and singles

I love looking at the new music releases on Friday. On iOS, I feel that the previous workflow broke. The previous workflow was for me to:- Start the app- Tap search- Tap New Releases section- Then, I would see a list of records and singles with an in...

• Casual Listener
  • I love looking at the new music releases on Friday.  On iOS, I feel that the previous workflow broke.   The previous workflow was for me to: - Start the app - Tap search - Tap New Rele...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • iOS
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Song won’t play

Hi I have Spotify premium for iOS, an iPhone X to be exact and I’ve had an ongoing problem for awhile. Sometimes I like to revert back to the oldies, every time I try to search Can’t take my eyes off you by Frankie Valli, it won’t pop up so I have to...

• Visitor
  • Hi I have Spotify premium for iOS, an iPhone X to be exact and I’ve had an ongoing problem for awhile. Sometimes I like to revert back to the oldies, every time I try to search Can’t take my eyes off...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to transfer Spotify lists to Apple Music - I can’t deal with their new update

Since spotify decided to make our lives harder by ditiching some useful features I guess it’s time to move to Apple Music. But I was wondering if there is a way to transfer lists or it has to be done one song at a time? thank you bye spotify, was lov...

• Casual Listener
  • Since spotify decided to make our lives harder by ditiching some useful features I guess it’s time to move to Apple Music. But I was wondering if there is a way to transfer lists or it has to be done...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Liked songs playlist doesn’t allow my premium profile to select at random

PlanPremiumCountryMexicoDeviceiPhone 8+Operating SystemiOS 10 After the latest update for Spotify, the liked songs playlist changed. The only issue I’ve had with this is the inability to select a song at random within the playlist. I can skip as many...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Mexico Device iPhone 8+ Operating System iOS 10   After the latest update for Spotify, the liked songs playlist changed. The only issue I’ve had with this i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabetical index and navigation disappeared from Artists list AGAIN

The alphabetical index on the right side of the Artists list and thus the way to quickly navigate through the list is just gone with the latest update!! I'm following hundreds of artists, it's impossible to navigate through them without it. I'm too l...

• Casual Listener
  • The alphabetical index on the right side of the Artists list and thus the way to quickly navigate through the list is just gone with the latest update!! I'm following hundreds of artists, i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Apple stereo homepod set out of sync

I'm using Spotify with a stereo Apple Homepod set, that is supported from ios 11.4. The two speakers recognize each other, and after configuring the stereo mode in the home app, they act like a couple of stereo speakers. Very often, the two speakers,...

• Regular
  •   I'm using Spotify with a stereo Apple Homepod set, that is supported from ios 11.4.   The two speakers recognize each other, and after configuring the stereo mode in the home app, they...
  • RioChico
  • Visitor
  • 23 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 4 likes

Random songs playing

So for the past few days my Spotify has been randomly playing songs that I never picked nor have ever heard of while I’m listening to my playlists. An example is Felino Sunset by John Hatwick. Today It happens every single song I try to play in the m...

• Visitor
  • So for the past few days my Spotify has been randomly playing songs that I never picked nor have ever heard of while I’m listening to my playlists.  An example is Felino Sunset by John Hatwick. ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 13 beta cellular issue

Hello. I have an iPhone XSMax running iOS 13 Beta 3. While traveling overseas last week I shut off spotify for cellular data, and now I cannot turn it back on. I turn it on, go into the spotify app and it still says "offline". When I return to cellul...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello.  I have an iPhone XSMax running iOS 13 Beta 3.  While traveling overseas last week I shut off spotify for cellular data, and now I cannot turn it back on.  I turn it on, go into...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Offline not available / Sort option for albums

Hi, please bring back this 2 features, that were present in the "old" UI:* Add an option to sort option "recently played" for albums. Not only for playlists.* Make the "home screen" with the "recently played" information offline available. (I use the...

• Regular
  • Hi,   please bring back this 2 features, that were present in the "old" UI: * Add an option to sort option "recently played" for albums. Not only for playlists. * Make the "home screen" with...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Google cast devices do not appear until the app is closed and reopened

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone 7 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueWhen music is not playing through spotify and my iPhone has been screen-off/sleeping, I open spotify, find music I want to listen to, then attempt to cas...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone 7 Plus Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue When music is not playing through spotify and my iPhone has been screen-off/s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I can no longer edit my playlists

So a while ago my premium ended and I wanted to go organise my playlist but I couldn’t, the edit button wasn’t there. So I double checked, updated it and it still wasn’t there. I even deleted it and redownloaded it and it still wasn’t fixed. I’m on i...

E88185E8-6103-4925-AF1A-A7AA412FFCA4.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • So a while ago my premium ended and I wanted to go organise my playlist but I couldn’t, the edit button wasn’t there. So I double checked, updated it and it still wasn’t there. I even deleted it and ...
  • Queencat16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast: App is connected but does not play music

PlanPremium CountryGermany DeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueHey spotify. I use my Chromecast to stream to my TV and although the app is connected and showing the right song, no audio is coming out. I can see the timer mov...

• Plan Premium   Country Germany   Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue Hey spotify. I use my Chromecast to stream to my TV and although the ap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

hi why they skip the album and play other song not in album or playlist

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play queue not clearing when changing playlists

Over the last couple of days I've noticed an issue in the ios app, whereby pressing shuffle play on a playlist I have downloaded does not clear out the play queue, and so after playing one song from the selected playlist it then reverts back to the p...

• Casual Listener
  • Over the last couple of days I've noticed an issue in the ios app, whereby pressing shuffle play on a playlist I have downloaded does not clear out the play queue, and so after playing one song from ...
  • RemcovNoppen
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Play queue
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast - episode disappears immediately from Unplayed Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueWhen I play a podcast episode from the 'Unplayed' playlist, it starts playing and immediatley disappears. If I pause and want to go back to the episode, I have to search f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue When I play a podcast episode from the 'Unplayed' playlist, it starts playing and immediatley d...
  • Raffvarel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes