Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Recent Update removed a fundamental functionality -- browsing songs added by artist

[THIS IS A REPOST OF A TOPIC FROM THE ANDROID THREAD. I am angry enough about this that I'm reposting it to the threads for all the devices I use. It's apparently a months old problem but hasn't even been addressed by Spotify at all. I will be cancel...

• Casual Listener
  • [THIS IS A REPOST OF A TOPIC FROM THE ANDROID THREAD.  I am angry enough about this that I'm reposting it to the threads for all the devices I use. It's apparently a months old problem but hasn'...
  • aviationmom
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Delete playlist message says i have 50 songs in my playlist when i have more than that.

Hi, i am having a problem whereby when i delete a playlist on my iphone spotify app it prompts me saying "Do you want to delete this playlist containing 50 songs?". I find this weird as my playlist has like 100 songs in it and it is the same for ever...

Spotify issue.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hi, i am having a problem whereby when i delete a playlist on my iphone spotify app it prompts me saying "Do you want to delete this playlist containing 50 songs?". I find this weird as my playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Delete Playlist
    Playlist issues
    Songs not playing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Delete all songs

How do you delete all songs om spotify iPhone in one time ?

• Casual Listener
  • How do you delete all songs om spotify iPhone in one time ?
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 4 likes

How do I save music from the radio without it creating a new "Liked from Radio" playlist?

Sometimes music plays from the radio, and I simply want to save it to my Library, now known as "Liked Songs"; however, it always creates a new playlist called "Liked from the Radio". Why does this happen? I just want the song in my Library. Has anyon...

• Regular
  • Sometimes music plays from the radio, and I simply want to save it to my Library, now known as "Liked Songs"; however, it always creates a new playlist called "Liked from the Radio". Why does this ha...
  • chrismurray
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

'Play on Spotify' Link not showing after sharing to Instagram story

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueWhen I share music from Spotify to Instagram, the "play on spotify" link is no longer appearing in the top left hand corner. Only the album artwork is posted wit...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue When I share music from Spotify to Instagram, the "play on spotify" link is no longer...
  • chrismurray
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why does Spotify App take up so much space on iPhone?

I tried to download the new iOS 8 only to find out my iPhone doesn't have enough capacity to download it. I checked my usage settings and it turns out the Spotify App is taking up 4.7 GB of space on my iPhone (exactly the amount of free space I need ...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to download the new iOS 8 only to find out my iPhone doesn't have enough capacity to download it.  I checked my usage settings and it turns out the Spotify App is taking up 4.7 GB of spa...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 38 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't turn off shuffle play

I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist order? Solution by Matt Suda: If you have a premium...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried to turn off the new shuffle play (using the 'I'). When I push this it says I need to upgrade to premium. I already do have premium. How do I get my songs playing in their right playlist ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 265 replies
  • 101 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 101 likes

Offline Modus not working right :(

Hello, my Offline Modus is not working correct, i downloded only Playlists on my iPhone, every Song is green, but i can only hear individual songs although I have downed all the songsI dont understand it anymore, pls help me. It makes no Sense I down...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   my Offline Modus is not working correct, i downloded only Playlists on my iPhone, every Song is green,  but i can only hear individual songs although I have downed all the s...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Homepage is messed up!!!

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFreeU.S.A Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 7) My Question or IssueMy homepage will not let me scroll down and all I have is ...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free U.S.A   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 7) &nbs...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Offline on iphone / desktop

Hi thereIve just subscribed to premium to access the offline feature, it is taking forever to download on my iphone. Is the download going to my device? Note i have 300GB+ free space, approx 2200 songs in the playlist i want to download.When i log in...

• Visitor
  • Hi there Ive just subscribed to premium to access the offline feature, it is taking forever to download on my iphone. Is the download going to my device? Note i have 300GB+ free space, app...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcast episodes erroring at 54 minutes and won’t continue.

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDevice(iPhone 8 PlusOperating System(iOS, one update behind current My Question or IssuePodcast episodes seem corrupt or stop playing and reset to starting position after 54 minutes. Only on mobile version. Any episode. This happ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Usa Device (iPhone 8 Plus Operating System (iOS, one update behind current    My Question or Issue Podcast episodes seem corrupt or stop playing and reset to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • podcast
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played

Premium / Denmark / iPhone How do you clear out the "Recently played" section? Since you have updated the app, I can't seem to figure it out myself.

• Visitor
  • Premium / Denmark / iPhone    How do you clear out the "Recently played" section? Since you have updated the app, I can't seem to figure it out myself.
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove "Liked Songs" and "Create playlist"

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueHello Guys.Since one of the youngest Updates the UI has changed how most of us know.I dont really like the Library Tab. I have created many Playlists for me and use mos...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Hello Guys. Since one of the youngest Updates the UI has changed how most of us know. I do...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify interrupting videos on other apps

Plan: PremiumCountry: AustraliaDeviceiPhone 8+Operating System: iOS 12.3.2 My Question or Issuerecently i have been having an issue with my spotify app, I’ll pause my music in order to, let’s say, watch a video on another app however the video will c...

• Plan: Premium Country: Australia Device iPhone 8+ Operating System: iOS 12.3.2   My Question or Issue recently i have been having an issue with my spotify app, I’ll pause my music in...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Volume Lowering Automatically

On some, but not all tracks, the music will start at a certain volume, then automatically drop quite a bit. To listen at the volume I'd like, I have to raise the volume, but then the first few seconds before it automatically drops are really loud. It...

• Regular
  • On some, but not all tracks, the music will start at a certain volume, then automatically drop quite a bit.  To listen at the volume I'd like, I have to raise the volume, but then the first few ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 43 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does my music stop playing?

Any time I'll be playing msuic on my iphone on spotify, either just through my phone or connected to a bluetooth speaker, anytime I get a snapchat notification, or open snapchat, my music will pause, even when my phone is locked. It has become extrem...

• Any time I'll be playing msuic on my iphone on spotify, either just through my phone or connected to a bluetooth speaker, anytime I get a snapchat notification, or open snapchat, my music will pause,...
  • Daisy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 17 likes

“Other apps” in storage. Can I delete?

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceiPhone 7Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device iPhone 7 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ID4 BMW and Spotify app

PlanFree/PremiumCountryPortugal Device(iPhone 6s)Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueHello, Is it possible to have the BMW Spotify app at ConnectedDrive? I can only control Spotify through iPhone and not through iDrive. I Have an ID4 and iPh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Portugal   Device (iPhone 6s) Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue Hello, Is it possible to have the BMW Spotify app at ConnectedDrive? I ca...
  • Tonyh247
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution CarPlay Issue

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiphone XSOperating System(iOS 12.2 My Question or IssueHi, I just recently started having an issue in my Durango with uConnect CarPlay where Spotify randomly stops playing. The song status bar shows it still playing but the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device iphone XS Operating System (iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Hi, I just recently started having an issue in my Durango with uConnect CarPlay wher...
  • alonchis
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Nissan iPhone playback repeats playback (non-carPlay)

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSDevice(iPhone X, Nissan sentra 2017)Operating System(iOS 13.0) My Question or IssueDoes anyone have issues with playback on the regular usb interface from nissan? I start playback on whatever was playing, but when i exit and ...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country US Device (iPhone X, Nissan sentra 2017) Operating System (iOS 13.0)   My Question or Issue Does anyone have issues with playback on the regular usb interface...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • iOS
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes