Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Driving mode

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueA few weeks ago, a new feature appeared, the driving mode, which is very useful to me, as I often listen to music on Spotify while driving. However, it would be ve...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue A few weeks ago, a new feature appeared, the driving mode, which is very useful to me, ...
  • Adam87487
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle Album Artwork Bug 8.5.x

I am on an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.2, my phone is jailbroken but o have no tweaks that inject into Spotify. I have tested this on all 8.5.x versions and it does not exist on 8.4.x. When I shuffle all of my songs, the song and album artwork correctly ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am on an iPhone 6 running iOS 10.2, my phone is jailbroken but o have no tweaks that inject into Spotify. I have tested this on all 8.5.x versions and it does not exist on 8.4.x.   When I sh...
  • Jerreby
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    album artwork
    bug
    shuffle bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify home page freeze on Ipad

When I open Spotify app on my iPad, the home screen shows as picture below.And when I try to drag the screen up or down the app will freeze and automatically shut down. However, when I choose song lists showed on home screen, the app runs normally. A...

• When I open Spotify app on my iPad, the home screen shows as picture below. And when I try to drag the screen up or down the app will freeze and automatically shut down. However, when I choose song ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queuing without internet

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceIPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhen I have poor/no internet connection, you have to go to the three dots then add to queue to queue a song, queuing by swiping the song right doesn’t work - I...

•   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device IPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue When I have poor/no internet connection, you have to go to the three dots t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I'm trying to connect my facebook and spotify accounts together but I get a message saying

Help! I do not have access to desktop, only my iphone 5SE. I'm trying to connect my facebook and spotify accounts together but I get a message saying "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please try again later."How do I solve this?It seems to be ...

• Help! I do not have access to desktop, only my iphone 5SE. I'm trying to connect my facebook and spotify accounts together but I get a message saying "Sorry there has been a temporary error, please t...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Se paran las canciones

Hola,Soy usuario de cuenta premium y desde que he pagado mi suscripcion cuando reproduzco alguna cancion en mi iphone 4s la cancion se para y ya no puedo escuchar mas canciones.He desinstalado la app y la he vuelto a intalar y sigue sin funcionar. He...

• Hola, Soy usuario de cuenta premium y desde que he pagado mi suscripcion cuando reproduzco alguna cancion en mi iphone 4s la cancion se para y ya no puedo escuchar mas canciones. He desinstala...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Downloaded songs are not playing offline

I have premium and have noticed many of my downloaded songs do not play at all and stay at the 00.00 mark which is very annoying seeing how I do not have wifi when traveling.

• Visitor
  • I have premium and have noticed many of my downloaded songs do not play at all and stay at the 00.00 mark which is very annoying seeing how I do not have wifi when traveling.
  • aborlack
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Gapless playback won’t turn off and cutting off some songs

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaPhoneiPhone X Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueMy Spotify is playing back with gapless playback even though I’ve tried turning it off and every so often, maybe every second or third song is cuts off the beginnin...

•   Plan Premium Country Australia Phone iPhone X  Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue My Spotify is playing back with gapless playback even though I’ve tried tur...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts are not downloading

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI go to download podcasts in the app and there's a spinning circle to state downloading but it never finishes. I've tried restarting the device and deleting the app.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I go to download podcasts in the app and there's a spinning circle to state downloading but it ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Certain Songs do not play at all on my phone

Plan: PremiumCountry: US Device: iPhone 6s Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWhen I try to play certain songs they appear normal (not grey) and simply do not play. The text does not turn green either, like when it plays. The “Now playing” ...

•   Plan: Premium Country: US   Device: iPhone 6s   Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue When I try to play certain songs they appear normal (not grey) an...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"View Artist" and "View Album" not available for songs in some contexts.

Expected Behavior: When clicking on the "..." option from either the "Now Playing" screen or a list of songs, a series of options is shown (Like, Add to Playlist, Add to Queue, etc). Two of these options should always be "View Artist" and "View Album...

• Casual Listener
  • Expected Behavior: When clicking on the "..." option from either the "Now Playing" screen or a list of songs, a series of options is shown (Like, Add to Playlist, Add to Queue, etc). Two of these opt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • ios menus
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random pausing and skipping of music

Plan: PremiumCountry: United States Device: iPhone 6Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue: when listening to music story randomly will pause or skip a song without me selecting anything. I have tried deleting and reinstalling, logging out of al...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan: Premium Country: United States    Device: iPhone 6 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue: when listening to music story randomly will pause or skip &...
  • apolo2001
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect IOS Sonos

Spotify connect can no longer find any speakers on SONOS and after several attempts to try and work out what this is mDNS, Multicast etc. I still cannot get this to work. I have also removed the firewall reverting back to the standard Virgin router w...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify connect can no longer find any speakers on SONOS and after several attempts to try and work out what this is mDNS, Multicast etc. I still cannot get this to work. I have also removed the fire...
  • meercat22
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback error with Sonos

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 7 plus)Operating System(iOS) for the last two days I have been having playback issues when connecting to Sonos speakers. I keep losing the connection to all my Sonos speakers. The sync drops off and I then can’t adju...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 7 plus) Operating System (iOS)   for the last two days I have been having playback issues when connecting to Sonos speakers. I keep losing the con...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution No aparece biblioteca

YaRecientemente acabo de volver a Spotify y ya he cambiado a Premium y parece como si tuviera gratis mi cuenta, ya que no aparece la biblioteca y al momento de querer agregar mis canciones a la biblioteca, al tocar el corazón aparece "se agregó a can...

5894BCCE-CF05-4203-B0FC-99775714E21A.png F21B8C1C-F510-4508-A4CE-9D37CBA8E459.png
  • YaRecientemente acabo de volver a Spotify y ya he cambiado a Premium y parece como si tuviera gratis mi cuenta, ya que no aparece la biblioteca y al momento de querer agregar mis canciones a la bibli...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost all my music

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAll My Question or IssueAll of my saved songs are gone from my library and replaced with random songs. I've already checked and my account is secure.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device All   My Question or Issue All of my saved songs are gone from my library and replaced with random songs. I've already checked and my account is secure...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone Logout issue.

Hello!! Im trying to logout of the app on my phone. Nothing happens when I tap on”logout”. I have uninstalled and reinstalled that didn’t seem to work. My reason for doing this is I set up through Facebook but I don’t want to do that anymore. I have ...

• Hello!!  Im trying to logout of the app on my phone. Nothing happens when I tap on”logout”.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled that didn’t seem to work. My reason for doing this is I set...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    logout
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems with my playlist

A few weeks ago I got some problems with my playlist. It was deleted and I didn't it, and for some strange reason, random playlists are added to my account, this problem is so annoying. In addition, when I close the app and want to reopen it, I need ...

• Casual Listener
  • A few weeks ago I got some problems with my playlist. It was deleted and I didn't it, and for some strange reason, random playlists are added to my account, this problem is so annoying.   ...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problem with Airpods 2

PremiumCountry Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12.2) My Question or IssueRecently I purchased the second generation AirPods. From the beginning I noticed problems with the double tap method since it rarely switch track. On top of that, sometimes w...

• Regular
  •   Premium Country   Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12.2)   My Question or Issue Recently I purchased the second generation AirPods. From the beginning I noticed prob...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Swipe left = dislike

Extremely annoying when swiping left for iPhone unlikes a song. Make it possible to make your own settings for swiping!

• Casual Listener
  • Extremely annoying when swiping left for iPhone unlikes a song. Make it possible to make your own settings for swiping! 
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • settings
    Swipe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes