Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify wont sync local songs to phone

I had a playlist synced before, had all my local files. I tried to add a song and it messed up everything. I undownloaded then redownloaded the playlist and now I get the "you must own the song" error. I did all that sync offline on phone and compute...

• Casual Listener
  • I had a playlist synced before, had all my local files. I tried to add a song and it messed up everything. I undownloaded then redownloaded the playlist and now I get the "you must own the song" erro...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect stopped working on Bose Soundbar 700

PlanPremiumCountryAUDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS Bose has recently rolled out support for AirPlay 2, which is nice, but I can't use Spotify Connect with my Soundbar 700 any more -- the option is not available and the device is only shown under ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country AU Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS   Bose has recently rolled out support for AirPlay 2, which is nice, but I can't use Spotify Connect with my Soundbar 700 a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Flips back and forth between songs

While listening to Spotify it keeps flipping back and forth between two songs. It plays a little from one and then switches to the other and plays a little, then it goes back to the first, etc. When one song is done, it starts a new one and flips bac...

• While listening to Spotify it keeps flipping back and forth between two songs.  It plays a little from one and then switches to the other and plays a little, then it goes back to the first, etc....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unqueue a radio station

PlanPremiumCountry USA Operating SystemiOS 12 I added a radio station to my queue. Now there are an infinite number of songs queued. When I try to play an album in sequence the queue overrides it. How do I unqueue the radio station?

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA    Operating System iOS 12    I added a radio station to my queue.  Now there are an infinite number of songs queued. When I try to pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • queue
    radio station
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bypassing “offline sync” because it doesn’t exist on device

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone XS MaxOperating System(iOS 10, Windows 10) My Question or IssueI got it to appear here by making a new folder on my laptop and dropping in the songs. Then made a new playlist on my desktop version. Then I turned off “...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone XS Max Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I got it to appear here by making a new folder on my laptop and droppi...
  • TRandrup
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

my Spotify artist radio is not working, the genre radio works but not artist radio.

Everytime I try the artist radio, it acts like it is loading put never loads. The genre radio works but this one doesn’t and I tried everything that other people suggested who had similar problems and nothing worksPlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevic...

• Everytime I try the artist radio, it acts like it is loading put never loads. The genre radio works but this one doesn’t and I tried everything that other people suggested who had similar problems an...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Download not possible

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueWe have a family plan and my wife is not able to download "new" albums/audio books. New means: she hasn't downloaded this album before. If she downloaded it before, s...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue We have a family plan and my wife is not able to download "new" albums/audio books. New me...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files

PlanPremiumCountryUk DeviceiPhone 7 (iOS 12.3)/MacBook Pro (High Sierra) My Question or IssueHi!I appreciate this topic has been discussed a huge amount but I haven’t found a resolution to my issue. What I want - Merging my iTunes music and Spotify s...

• Plan Premium Country Uk   Device iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3)/MacBook Pro (High Sierra)   My Question or Issue Hi! I appreciate this topic has been discussed a huge amount but I haven’t fo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming to Sony ht-st5000 stops after 1:08

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDevice(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 12.1) My Question or IssueI have spotify premium and want to stream to my Sony ht-5000 soundbar over WiFi. It stops playing after 1:08. When I press play again and select the sound bar...

•   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 12.1)   My Question or Issue I have spotify premium and want to stream to my Sony ht-5000 soundbar over...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Equalizer does not re-enable after app is restarted

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 8 PlusOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssuePlay some music in the iPhone Spotify app.Go to Settings->Playback->Equalizer and modify the chart to massively increase the base and reduce the treble (so that you can...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 8 Plus Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Play some music in the iPhone Spotify app. Go to Settings->Playback->Equalizer and mo...
  • yoyoyo1211
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Data use when playing on Bluesound

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlands Device(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12.2) My Question or Issue:Does anyone know wich data is used when i play music using my phone to connect to my Bluesound Node player via Spotify Connect. Since the Bluesound player i...

• Plan Premium Country Netherlands   Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12.2)   My Question or Issue: Does anyone know wich data is used when i play music using my phone to co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bluesound Spotify Connect
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lock button acts as play button

Hello,I’ve encountered a bug that really bothers me.I have a Premium accountDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2My Question or IssueWhenever I pause my music and lock my phone, the music starts playing again. It’s like as if the lock button was a “...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I’ve encountered a bug that really bothers me. I have a Premium account Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2 My Question or Issue Whenever I pause my music and lock my phone, the ...
  • andrewfwalters
  • 29 replies
  • 34 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 34 likes

downloading spotify music to sd card

Does anybody know how to transfer/copy downloaded Spotify songs/playlists to a SD card?

• Does anybody know how to transfer/copy downloaded Spotify songs/playlists to a SD card?   
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Sync with iPhone and trying to use voice search

I have a 2014 Ford with SYNC with MyFord Touch. My iPhone is up to date. When I try using the voice search in Spotify, music comes on in the background which seems to interfere with the voice search. Any ideas on how to make this work better?

• I have a 2014 Ford with SYNC with MyFord Touch.  My iPhone is up to date.  When I try using the voice search in Spotify, music comes on in the background which seems to interfere with the v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Starting Radio restarts the Song

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssuePreviously, when you started a Radio playlist from a song, the song you were playing would continue from the play time you were at. It now restarts the song, which feels wro...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue Previously, when you started a Radio playlist from a song, the song you were playing woul...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

[Ios] Missing albums/singles in all releases (that are available)

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceiPhone SEOperating SystemiOS 12.2My Question or IssueSince the last 2 updates (or at least that was when I noticed) spotify do not show all releases from an artist.If I browse to an artist and choose to view all releases...

Image-1.jpg Image-2.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device iPhone SE Operating System iOS 12.2 My Question or Issue Since the last 2 updates (or at least that was when I noticed)  spotify do not show all relea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

After every song in a playlist or álbum a random song will start playing, one that I don’t even owe

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • mariananaylor
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app changes

iPad Air iPhone 5s latest iOS update Norway Spotify premium None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro l...

• Visitor
  • iPad Air iPhone 5s latest iOS update Norway Spotify premium None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I dont get iPhone notifications

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI dont know if you guys do but i dont push notifications from Spotify at all even though i have it turned on in options, what do i do?

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I dont know if you guys do but i dont push notifications from Spotify at all even though i ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashes when moving songs on queue

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12.2 My Question or IssueI’ve experienced it about a thousand times throughout last 3 months and i’m done with this sht, i need to post it here. Everytime it crashes it deletes my whole queue ...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue I’ve experienced it about a thousand times throughout last 3 months and i’m done with this ...
  • Monokamph
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Crash
    fix pls
    iphone
    queue error
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes