Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Apple Watch 4: No 3rd Page to control individual songs

My Question or Issue Hi, im troubleshooting with using Spotify on my Apple Watch. My moms Apple Watch 1 has not only the left page for displaying the ablums and the middle one for the displayed song and song control, but in addtion she has a third pa...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue   Hi, im troubleshooting with using Spotify on my Apple Watch. My moms Apple Watch 1 has not only the left page for displaying the ablums and the middle one for the displa...
  • Sokan
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play similar Playlist songs option not working/gone

Recently upgraded to an IPhone xs from a iPhone 7. Although the option to play similar songs after a Playlist ended, spotify would just start the Playlist over. Thinking it might have just been a bug after upgrading phone, I deleted and reinstalled S...

• Casual Listener
  • Recently upgraded to an IPhone xs from a iPhone 7. Although the option to play similar songs after a Playlist ended, spotify would just start the Playlist over. Thinking it might have just been a bug...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs under an album do not play

Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 10) My Question or Issue:I understand that there are some songs that can't be played in certain countries (if the songs are grayed out), but I have an album that shows all the songs but still won't play. Any advice ...

• Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 10)   My Question or Issue: I understand that there are some songs that can't be played in certain countries (if the songs are grayed out), but I ha...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iOS streaming quality priority

Hi everyone, I have a premium subscription and I have streaming quality set to "Very high (320 kbit/s) whereas I have downloads set to "Normal (96 kbit/s). My question is if I have a playlist downloaded and I am connected to wi-fi, then will spotify ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I have a premium subscription and I have streaming quality set to "Very high (320 kbit/s) whereas I have downloads set to "Normal (96 kbit/s).   My question is if I have ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify account can’t connect with Alexa and is stuck at the same Song

PlanPremiumluxembourg Device(iPhone X but playing with Marshall Stanmore Voice II Alexa)Operating System(iOS 12 My Question or IssueSpotify account can’t connect with Alexa enabled device and is stuck at the same Song.I tried reinstalling but still d...

• Plan Premium luxembourg   Device (iPhone X but playing with Marshall Stanmore Voice II Alexa) Operating System (iOS 12   My Question or Issue Spotify account can’t connect with A...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to sort songs within playlists despite claims that it works

PlanPremiumCountry: USA Device(iPhone XR)Operating System(iOS 12.1.2) Unable to sort songs within playlists despite claims that it works on an iPhone, currently on the latest Spotify software and iOS 12.1.2, see attached pic of my only options, none ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country: USA   Device (iPhone XR) Operating System (iOS 12.1.2)   Unable to sort songs within playlists despite claims that it works on an iPhone, currently on the lat...
  • mangelope
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle not working/ repeat keeps turning itself on

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 6Operating SystemCurrent iOS My Question or IssueFor maybe even a year now, it has been impossible for me to shuffle my music, every time that I try to it picks a random song in the playlist but when that song is over...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 6 Operating System Current iOS     My Question or Issue For maybe even a year now, it has been impossible for me to shuffle my music, every ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Help
    shuffle
    Troubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Pausing music not possible when locking phone

PlanPremiumCountry Device(iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 12.2.) My Question or IssueMy issue is that i can’t pause my music on my phone. If I pause from the app and then lock my phone, the song plays. If I pause the song from the lock screen and then...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device (iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 12.2.)   My Question or Issue My issue is that i can’t pause my music on my phone. If I pause from the app ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

scroll bar on spotify (iphone x)

hello i m using iphone x i would **bleep** to ask on how do you make the scroll bar pop up again? the new update remove my scroll bar . im sorry for my bad english. PLS HELP

• hello i m using iphone x i would **bleep** to ask on how do you make the scroll bar pop up again? the new update remove my scroll bar 😞 . im sorry for my bad english. PLS HELP
  • Hellojosh78
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify (on IPhone) automatically switches to the same song after a few seconds

Spotify (on iPhone) automatically switches to the same song (call it song X) after playing any other song after a few seconds. It does not matter which song I play (playlist or not) it switches to song X automatically. When I select don’t play the ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify (on iPhone) automatically switches to the same song (call it song X) after playing any other song after a few seconds. It does not matter which song I play (playlist or not) it switches to so...
  • ronb2
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Automatically switching to another song
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums of an artist

Hi, when using Spotify Premium on an iPad, after adding some albums of an artist to my library, when I click this artist in my library, is there any way to view a list of his albums, instead of getting a list of all of his songs?Thanks,

• Hi, when using Spotify Premium on an iPad, after adding some albums of an artist to my library, when I click this artist in my library, is there any way to view a list of his albums, instead of getti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplaying when pushing lock button

I know there is a topic about this issue but it’s 3 weeks without update. Is this in queue or how’s the situation. This auto playing is unbelievably annoying. Thank you

• I know there is a topic about this issue but it’s 3 weeks without update. Is this in queue or how’s the situation. This auto playing is unbelievably annoying. Thank you
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not all the songs on my playlist are showing up

PlanPremiumCountryCanada My Question or IssueI have several playlists on my account where I have loaded lots of songs, but when I look at the playlists from other people's accounts only a fraction are there. For example one of my playlists has 56 son...

• Plan Premium Country Canada   My Question or Issue I have several playlists on my account where I have loaded lots of songs, but when I look at the playlists from other people's accounts o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Compilation album search

PremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone 8 plus)Operating System(iOS 12.2 My Question or IssueHi, in search tab within Spotify iPad/iPhone/iMac apps, is there any way to search for only compilation albums (verious artists rather than just single artists etc tha...

• Visitor
  • Premium Country UK Device (iPhone 8 plus) Operating System (iOS 12.2   My Question or Issue Hi,  in search tab within Spotify iPad/iPhone/iMac  apps, is there any way to searc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple watch control grayed out

Device(iPhone xs maxOperating System(iOS 12.2 watch os 5.2 My Question or IssueSonce Apples lates update I can’t use Spotify on my Apple Watch. I can see the app but it’s all grayed out and I can’t control anything.Any ideas on how to solve the probl...

•     Device (iPhone xs max Operating System (iOS 12.2 watch os 5.2   My Question or Issue Sonce Apples lates update I can’t use Spotify on my Apple Watch. I can see the app but ...
  • Anitaholiday67
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

I can’t view songs, albums or songs in albums when looking at artists on iOS

PlanFree CountryAustralia DeviceiPad Air Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI went to view an artist in the search bar and I can’t view any of their albums or songs. Using the shuffle artist button I went through their music and viewed an alb...

• Plan Free   Country Australia   Device iPad Air   Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I went to view an artist in the search bar and I can’t view any of th...
  • Jpgchief
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • problems
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I get lyrics from Musixmatch when traveling and there is no wireless?

I have a Premium Spotify and paid MusixMatch account. When I am on the road, and I have a celluar connection but not wireless, MusixMatch is unable to find lyrics. What is the use of MusixMatch if it can't do this? My Question or Issue

• Roadie
  • I have a Premium Spotify and paid MusixMatch account. When I am on the road, and I have a celluar connection but not wireless, MusixMatch is unable to find lyrics. What is the use of MusixMatch if it...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Collab playlist won't show all the songs - randomly deletes some

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceIphone7Operating SystemIOS 10.2 My Question or IssueHey, So on one of my collab playlists I am having a very strange issue. It only effects this one playlist and this happens on both my mobile and destop version of Spotify....

•   Plan Premium Country UK   Device Iphone7 Operating System IOS 10.2   My Question or Issue Hey,  So on one of my collab playlists I am having a very strange issue. I...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps jumping to the next song

PLAN PremiumCountry NEW ZEALANDDeviceiPhone S6,Operating SystemSOFTWARE ios 12.2 My Question or IssueAfter each song starts it jumps to the next whether its on a playlist or from the spotify selections. Please help as it is driving me crazy and will ...

• Casual Listener
  • PLAN Premium Country NEW ZEALAND Device iPhone S6, Operating System SOFTWARE ios 12.2   My Question or Issue After each song starts it jumps to the next whether its on a playlist or...
  • 4hq-m7u1_0cup
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes