Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

No library in my account on iOS

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(iPhone X)Operating System(iOS 12.1.4) My Question or IssueHello!When I log in into my account from any iOS device I don't have my library.What could it be?When I login to my gf's account on the same devices it appears.To ex...

IMG_4738.PNG IMG_4739.PNG
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device (iPhone X) Operating System (iOS 12.1.4)   My Question or Issue Hello! When I log in into my account from any iOS device I don't have my library. What ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

ios app always freezing

so idk if this is an issue with anyone else but the spotify app on my phone is constantly freezing on me. if i suspend the app for even a second it will freeze and not respond at all. it usually starts responding after a few seconds to a few minutes ...

• Casual Listener
  • so idk if this is an issue with anyone else but the spotify app on my phone is constantly freezing on me. if i suspend the app for even a second it will freeze and not respond at all. it us...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files

PremiumIOS 12.1.4iPad Pro, iPhone X, MacBook (High Sierra) Hi I'm going around in circles and getting nowhere. Searching for help usually gets you totally unhelpful advice from 2012. Anyway, I have been trying to get my Local Files onto my iPhone/iPa...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium IOS 12.1.4 iPad Pro, iPhone X, MacBook (High Sierra)   Hi   I'm going around in circles and getting nowhere. Searching for help usually gets you totally unhelpful advice from ...
  • paulrgmusic
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue with recently played

Since yesterday every time I click an artist from my recently played list, it brings me to the artist's entire discography instead of just my saved songs. Is this part of a new update or a bug? Either way its extremely annoying and wanted to know if ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since yesterday every time I click an artist from my recently played list, it brings me to the artist's entire discography instead of just my saved songs. Is this part of a new update or a bug? Eithe...
  • Caville
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

What happened to my library?

Plan/PremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueWhat happened to Spotify?!?!?I can’t go through my library!! It’s all in ONE giant playlist called “liked songs”? Terrible. They removed the alphabetical searching bar...

•   Plan /Premium Country USA Device iPhone 7 Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue What happened to Spotify?!?!? I can’t go through my library!! It’s all in ONE gian...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Album length limited about 50 songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPad Modell A1893Operating SystemiOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueAfter Update every album is limited about 50 songs/files. I can‘t hear the end of the audiobooks. As you see in the screenshot album length is 105 songs, b...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPad Modell A1893 Operating System iOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue After Update every album is limited about 50 songs/files. I can‘t hear...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 4 likes

Album length, account access, release date

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceiPhone XS Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssuePlease return album length to main screen (I can’t find it anywhere). Also release date had gone. Also section album/single releases separately (this has been the most o...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device iPhone XS  Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue Please return album length to main screen (I can’t find it anywhere). Also release date ...
  • thenazzz
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 12 likes

Podcast Order

I have submited a podcast and when I select to view it newest to oldest it show it oldest to newest and vice versa. I can see other podcasts do not do this. Why is mine?

• I have submited a podcast and when I select to view it newest to oldest it show it oldest to newest and vice versa. I can see other podcasts do not do this. Why is mine?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No Library anymore

I’m very disappointed on what spotify has done in this last update. They literally erased the library, it’s none existant, now spotify is an app for playlists, you can’t save songs and have a library with them in it, you can’t look for the artists of...

• Casual Listener
  • I’m very disappointed on what spotify has done in this last update.   They literally erased the library, it’s none existant, now spotify is an app for playlists, you can’t save songs and have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Adding songs to queue

PlanPremiumCountryUkDeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12.1.4 When adding a song to the queue the last song I added doesn’t show when I move a song to the bottom of the queue the other song then appears and the one I moved disappears. There is also a...

• Plan Premium Country Uk Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12.1.4   When adding a song to the queue the last song I added doesn’t show when I move a song to the bottom of the queue t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn Off Auto Saving Songs?

Hi All, Whenever I heart or like a song from the radio it automatically saves it song to my library. I can't stand this. How can I turn this feature off? I love that it adds it to the "Liked From Radio" play list but I dont like that it gums up my al...

• Visitor
  • Hi All,   Whenever I heart or like a song from the radio it automatically saves it song to my library. I can't stand this. How can I turn this feature off? I love that it adds it to the "Liked...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

importing songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad ProOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issuebeen using Spotify for a few years now and I'm now updating my songs here on Spotify to use with Alexa. I have the songs imported but they are showing grayed out and others...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad Pro Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue been using Spotify for a few years now and I'm now updating my songs here on Spotify to use with...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is this song not playing?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 5sOperating System(iOS 12.1.4 (the latest updat My Question or IssueThis song will not play for me. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling i but it still did not work. It’s doing me a real sad, friends. https...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 5s Operating System (iOS 12.1.4 (the latest updat   My Question or Issue This song will not play for me. I tried uninstalling the app and reinst...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see album duration on iOS app

Can't find album duration on ios app since the last upgrade of the app.

• Can't find album duration on ios app since the last upgrade of the app.
  • lilitu93
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Podcast wont refresh

Plan PremiumFree/PremiumCountryNew Zealand DeviceipodOperating SystemIOS 12.1.4 My Question or IssueHi so basically I’m trying to listen to the misfits podcast and I can go to thier twitter and click the link and it will send me to the new episode of...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Free/Premium Country New Zealand  Device ipod Operating System IOS 12.1.4   My Question or Issue Hi so basically I’m trying to listen to the misfits podcast and I can...
  • Ilikefood-
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deactivate recommended music

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Device(iPhone x, MacBook Pro late 2011)Operating System(iOS 11.4) My Question or IssueI’ve tried everything humanly possible and troubleshoot it everything to get rid of the recommended music on my playlist. I have over 50 songs...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device (iPhone x, MacBook Pro late 2011) Operating System (iOS 11.4)   My Question or Issue I’ve tried everything humanly possible and troubleshoot it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No songs in library

This new update is terrible. The options in my library are: playlists, artists (which is empty), and albums. Where did songs go? I only like a few songs off an album and would often put the songs from my library on shuffle and let it play. Now I can’...

• Casual Listener
  • This new update is terrible. The options in my library are: playlists, artists (which is empty), and albums. Where did songs go? I only like a few songs off an album and would often put the songs fro...
  • 0k_eibzy-389a
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 15 likes

lost my saved songs.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6s Operating SystemIOS 10My Question or Issue:this latest update is by far the biggest step back in the companies progress to make the app more accessible and user friendly. Instead of finding an Artist you’ve saved...

•   Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 6s  Operating System IOS 10 My Question or Issue: this latest update is by far the biggest step back in the companies progress to ...
  • sunshine2121
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes
  • angry user
    update problem
  • 1 replies
  • 9 likes

Import audio books doesn't upload

Hi, on my macbook I added a local source to add some purchased mp3 files. They are paid and not ilegal. I added them to a playlist and activated dowloading. On my iPhoneX I can see the playlist and the playlist says the right number of files, but whe...

• Hi,   on my macbook I added a local source to add some purchased mp3 files. They are paid and not ilegal. I added them to a playlist and activated dowloading.   On my iPhoneX I can see ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New Discography not displaying all albums?!

Plan: PremiumDevice: iPhone XS, iOS 12.xy (latest) My Issue Since 2 days, the albums view coming from the artist's page was changed. I used to be able to scroll through all albums of a particular artist. Now, the alphabetical list stops after approx ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Device: iPhone XS, iOS 12.xy (latest)  My Issue  Since 2 days, the albums view coming from the artist's page was changed. I used to be able to scroll through all ...
  • Bpreynolds1
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 7 likes