Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 6 & 6 Plus support

Solved!

iPhone 6 & 6 Plus support

Do Spotify have plans to release a new version for iOS that makes use of the larger iPhone 6 displays?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can confirm that Spotify is working on an update for the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus screen sizes.

There is currently no estimated release date. It is being worked on though.

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/515110978389028864

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I'm very happy I canceled my Spotify subscription, I switched to beats music because spotify won't even work on my phone, I'm also very happy that beats music is OPTIMIZED for IPHONE 6! Beats music has more to offer them spotify and soon the price will drop to $5. Can't wait!

Marked as solution

Hey everyone!

We're excited to announce version 2.2.0 of our iOS app is now available on the app store. This update includes iPhone 6/6 Plus support - enjoy 🙂

Marked as solution

I mean really I can't say it any better than our wonderful SpotifyCares team...

"Oh my God, Becky, look at her Spotify app. It is SO BIG." Our new iOS app. Optimised for iPhone 6 & 6 Plus. #BabyGotApp

62 Replies

I think most app developers that make iOS app have plans, but it can take a while because the new iPhones just came out.

I have an iPhone 6 and Spotify works just fine, however everything is a little bit blown up.

My best guess would be, yes, they probably will, but we're gonna have to wait a while just like we are gonna have to wait for other iOS apps to do the same.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Ahh landscape mode would look killer on 6+! I'm not too stoked on the blown up look either, but all in due time, hopefully.

I hope spotify updates their app for the iphone 6 and 6+ alongside an overdue spotify ipad update. 

Marked as solution

I can confirm that Spotify is working on an update for the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus screen sizes.

There is currently no estimated release date. It is being worked on though.

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/status/515110978389028864

MattSudaSpotify Star

Good to know. Hopefully the darn album art bug gets eradicated once and for all as well.

Thank you for confirming, do you know if spotify is interested in making their app landscape for iPhone 6+

@brianram526 

I have no idea if they will be adding a landscape mode. As of earlier this year their statement on landscape mode is:

"Should a larger iPhone come out at some point we might be tempted to reconsider, but as it stands portrait mode will have to suffice."

I guess we will have to wait and see what their plans are.

If you want landscape mode in the iPhone app, you should add your kudo to the idea here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Landscape-mode-on-iPhone/idi-p/425672

MattSudaSpotify Star

This is complete bull! Since i got my Iphone 6 which was over a week ago now i have not been able to us spotify. I downloaded it got all my music saved then it stopped i deleted redownloaded then stopped. No matter what i do now all it does is quit when i try and open! I better not get charged for this! I havent even been able to use it on this phone so if im paying to not use it i will go to a different company that doesnt have this problem cause this is just rediculous!

@thatsme36 

The app developers are currenty aware of the crashing problems. There should be an update out soon to fix this. Hang in there!

MattSudaSpotify Star

so since i havent been able to use it am i still going to have to pay for this?

If you are not satisifed that you are paying for something that is currently not working, you should contact support about this here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Make sure you tell them you are unhappy about iOS app version 1.7.1 crashing

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have iphone 6 and about half the time I click on a "related artist" name, the app crashes and has to be restarted.

Lucky you guys.   I can't not even log into spotify on my iPhone 6...

I was having trouble stopping spotify crashing with iOS 7 a few weeks before it just kept crashing. I had to keep uninstalling and reinstalling every few days.

This has also happened to me, I've installed the app but it won't even open on my iPhone 6, the logo comes up and then it crashes and falls back to my homescreen.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling but it doesn't work 😞

I too am annoyed as I'm being charged for something I can't use!

Subscription cancelled! I'm so tired of the poor updates. Promises means nothing. A iPad refresh was supposed to around the corner for more than a year now. I'm not sticking around to see if this will take as long.

If you want to be payed like the competition, you should act like the competition! The Beats music app is up to date for both iPad and iPhone, with support for 6 and 6+!

Same has been happening to me with new iphone6 spotify wont open any idea why? It works fine on my samsung tablet and worked on iphone 4s no one at apple or sprint knows why?!

Any updates on this issue?

Same here! Ugh been so annoyed! Any updates on this?

Suggested posts