Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app is horrid - what's the deal?

iPhone app is horrid - what's the deal?

Can someone here enlighten me on the state of the iPhone app development for Spotify?

Here's why: I recently switched back to the iPhone from a year stint to Android. I absolutely loved Spotify on Android after the last major update. The iPhone app looks and feels like it hasn't been updated in a long time. It actually has the design language of the old Android app. It's so clumsy to use, basically no fun at all. It's a chore.

Anyway, I'd like to know if there was anything said regarding an updated version fitting the state of app development in 2013? Take a look at rdio if you have no idea what I am talking about. *cough*

2 Replies

Hey 🙂

Apparently there are new applications coming soon for iOS and android, so a make over might be closer than you think! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I decided to end my Spotify subscription due to both the poor iPhone and Desktop apps. From what I can see in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvy6LPCesOU - there seems to be some sort of redesign happening with the iPhone app but all I want is to be able to view all my music stored offline in an artist list, or at least be able to sort it. 

As far as I can see, the service that Spotify provides is amazing, but their development team is so slow and what they do create is average. I'm waiting patiently to see what this new app is going to be like but it would need to be a vast improvement in order for me to come back. 

Suggested posts