Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Solved!

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Just upgraded to Premium and my iPhone app keeps crashing, the minute I log in it's gone. Tried deleting, reinstalling, deleting all my playlists- nothing works!

Very frustrated and wondering what I can do. Recently upgraded to Premium and now even more frustrated as it's worse than when I was using the free version.

COme on spotify!

298 Replies

Yesterday my app on iPhone 4S and iPad started doing exactly the same thing, crash after 5 seconds. Going to close my premium account if its not fixed quick as I only use it on my phone.

Having been moaning about this for months, I bit the bullet and deleted ALL my playlists, ALL my subscriptions and finally dis-connected my Facebook profile from Spotify.

Only after doing all this does the app seem stable (on iOS6.1.3 and Spotify 0.6.3). I'll get back to this thread if it starts crashing again.

Hopeless.

me too fed up with it now.

Spoiler

Update seems to have sorted it!

Still crashes for me about every 1 or 2 hours, sometimes mores, sometimes less.

Hi

I have this problem too but mine started when i had to restore from backup cuz i changed simcard and providor.

The other default apps are working. Spotify app opens for a second then closes imideatly. I dont get to log in either. I use the ios4 app cuz my phone is old.  So I dont think this is a playlist issue in my case cuz i havent loged in.

I have deleted and reinstalled, turned off and on and all that

Do yo know what could be the problem?

Marked as solution

Hi. Could you please try a clean reinstall following the instructions here.

This worked like a charm for me (on Iphone 5 with 6.1.4 )

1. Go to your device’s Settings
  2. Scroll down until you get to Safari, select that
  3. Select clear history and proceed to clear.
  4. Select clear cookies and data (beneath clear history) and then proceed to clear.
  5. Now you can perform a clean installation of the new app following these instructions: Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol Restart your iPod/iPhone Install Spotify again from the App Store
  6. If you're having connection issues (which includes not finding your device in the desktop client), please also check our connection troubleshooting tips.
  7. Start Spotify, log in and have a look if your issue was resolved

/cheers for the help 😄

I'm done!
I've been trying to get them o fix this for a year. They won't do Shyte! So I'm voting with my wallet and canceling my premium.
Pandora seems good enuff.
Spot iffy sucks big time right now!sell stock and get out before IT crashes!

If you ever decide to make something with the money, let me know.
Thanks for the not so great entertainment spotify....now go suck an egg. I hope others follow so you learn that you cannot ignore your customer base!

my ipod touch keeps crashing mid track on spotify i have downloaded the latest spotift app and i'm on ios 6.1.3 

i'm on the premium account so this should work please help.

Thanks 

I've been having the same issues. Ever since the July 2nd update, my spotify will crash within seconds. I go to open the app and it crashes on the white screen with the black border on top. I've tried the reinstall several times, still no luck.  I mostly use my supscription on my Iphone, so it's starting to get frustrating. 

I have an Iphone 4s. Updated to 6.1.3. I'm currently on AT&T

My account username is lockred.

Any insight on how to get this fixed?

This bug topic suggests a temporary fix.

If you don't have the facebook app and you try logging in with facebook, it won't work. Mine used to crash before I had the facebook app, and now it works.

Is it possible to talk to someone who actually WORKS for spotify, where the f*** is customer service? I pay for this **bleep** and it doesn´t work. Getting pretty sick of it. 

My spotify app on iPhone 5 crashes every time I open it within seconds of launching. I´ve tried re-installing, re-booting, turning phone on and of. 

Its happened to me too I got a iP5s 32 gb and i use the app lots of time with out paying it ass soon as i made mi first trail the problems start happening it crashes all the time when i open it fresh or in the middle of the song when i try to  skip a song .I canceled mi subscription ,I decided IM paying Pandora One .Yea i can't play exactly what i want and i can't build mi oun play list But IT DOSE NOT CRASH ON MI ALL THE TIME !!,.Please fix i love this app .

you're Genius after 4 years of you're comment and it work to go to the offline mode and do what you said exactly with my iphone 7black and 7+Rose cuz i had problem with poth of them SO thenks alot. Cheers.

I have downloaded iOS 11 before the native release on my iPhone 7 Plus. I am happy to use. Even though, suddenly some of the Apps crashing often like Spotify app and Apple App store. And no mind what should I do to fix. I tried to search an ideal solution on Google. luckily I found that and hmm second workaround was worked for me in listed the thread of to fix App crashing iOS 11. Thanks.

The best solution I can give you for this apps to stop crashing is to go back to a stable IOS, Remember this is a Beta , That been said you will encounter a lot of Bugs and Crashes of different apps, Most Software engineers are still Developing apps and making it Stable. It is called Beta Testing , and it is Beta , Not full release Yes is nice to see it but. It is Beta , Is still in development , There is no easy was to say it But there is bound to be a lot of Bugs like app crashing

The best solution I can give you for this apps to stop crashing is to go back to a stable IOS, Remember this is a Beta , That been said you will encounter a lot of Bugs and Crashes of different apps, Most Software engineers are still Developing apps and making it Stable. It is called Beta Testing , and it is Beta , Not full release Yes is nice to see it but. It is Beta , Is still in development , There is no easy was to say it But there is bound to be a lot of Bugs like app crashing

Suggested posts