Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Stop auto shuffling Songs when you request an Artist via Alexa

You changed the setting so that Alexa auto shuffles songs by artist when you use your voice to start spotify.  For some reason, I have to request this as a new idea for you to reverse the setting.   You already can tell alexa to shuffle when you request an artist.  Why would it auto shuffle and force you to interrupt the music you just started to play?

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-11-09

Marked as new idea.

derekbondo

I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would ever want to shuffle by default. If I want to shuffle the entire discography of an artist, I’ll ask Alexa to do so. While you’re at it, maybe reevaluate your feature rollout process.

Mobiu5

Where was the "Idea" for this change? I wager there wasn't one because no one could want this behavior by default.

DAVE1959

This one of the most irritating upgrades on Spotify that interrupts my listening enjoyment. Please change this back to a user option to shuffle.

steverossiter

This is up there with the very worst functionality changes I've seen from a major software developer. It actively enforces suboptimal user experience. The sooner it is changed the better.

yfq_f6o6l-19

Reverse or I'll cancel my subscription 

joshbalmer_1

The whole idea of auto shuffle is terrible. I don't want to listen to loads of random B Sides. I can request Alexa to shuffle if I want it to. 99 times out of a hundred I wont use shuffle. I also have to go into the app to turn shuffle off as alexa keeps reverting back. Reverse this or I'm switching to Amazon music! 

timontrak

Presumably this is Amazon trying to make Spotify less appealing to use via Alexa, in favour of their own Amazon Music service. A very silly idea - please reinstate the original top songs behaviour immediately. 

marcv

100% agree.  No idea why Spotify would force a shuffle on my echo when requesting an artist.  I want to hear the top songs from that artist and if I WANT shuffle I would rather I explicitly request it. 

This decision to auto enable shuffle has decreased my Spotify experience dramatically.  PLease change asap. 

thank you

Bumble4

Can someone from @__spo__ comment on this thread? Is this change being considered? Or is the community the equivalent of screaming into a pillow?