[All Platforms][Discover] Recommended songs to include album for recommending to playlists

For the songs recomended to playlists i have i have noticed they will usually be grouped around albums in said playlist that are made by multiple artists. IT seems to me that somewhere along the way the algorythem is searching for playlists with similar artists for recomendations. I would say this could bve improved if the relation was also in some way inverseley effected by the album as well as artist so as to refine the search to more similar playlists rather than just ones with those said albums on.

Hope this makes sense as think it will help. 

Cheers,

Sam.

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hey,

Do you mean you'd like to have full albums recommended instead of separate songs.

Looking forward to your reply.

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-09-12

Hey,

Do you mean you'd like to have full albums recommended instead of separate songs.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sirspammer
Casual Listener

No i still feel it is best having individual songs.  Ill put it another way. I fill my playlists with albums, if i do so the recommended tracks seem to come from only a select few albums, perticullarly ones which have multiple artists to the same album.

I elive this is through the matching of playlists to recommend me tracks, it is finding playlists with similar tracks and artists and recomending songs. If in this algorythm it also took into account albums but negated the effect then it would chose playlists that have similar mix of artists and songs but not just from the albums that have multiple artists? 

Does this make any more sense? if not i can make an example playlist perhaps....