[All Platforms] More edited versions

It’s the year 2019 and almost every explicit song has a radio edited version available.

I’m new to Spotify, and I was shocked at the explicit lyrics of most of the songs I enjoy on the radio! I didn’t even know they were explicit until I heard the original versions on Spotify.

In this day and age it’s ridiculous to say that only the explicit version should be available or nothing at all. If this was true then the radio wouldn’t be playlisting all these songs.

I propose that Spotify source an edited version for each explicit song listed. If it’s not possible, then at least have the edited versions of the popular tracks.

Attached is a screenshot of Today’s Hits. Of the top 6 I can only listed to 2. And I know for a fact that BBC Radio 1 plays edited versions of each of the 4 tracks I can’t listen to.

I know you say that the availability of these edited tracks depend on what you’re offered by the labels, but if Radio 1 can get these tracks then surely the Mighty Spotify can too?

05B4BA5A-9E7F-4903-A731-5610D1150C3F.png
Comments
AlanOsollo

I think it's a cool idea, i'm a man that doesn't like way too much the bad lenguaje and i think that 'clean versions' may be a nice option to some of us