Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Following] Shuffle Songs from followed Artists

This feature has already been suggested a few times since 2014 (maybe even before that)! 
It's a feature on iTunes since when Britney Spears was a hit (the first time)!
Winamp did it way before that (remember Winamp!?). 

It's 2018… Almost 19 and we're still unable to play songs from every artist we follow in shuffle. I don't want to (and can't even) save every song from every artist on a playlist. Who'd do that?! 

It seems like such a small thing to implement that not doing it seems almost lazy.
I KNOW you aren't lazy. Pleaaaaaase don't let me dooooown!
Thanks 🙂 

Updated on 2021-06-07

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2018-07-07

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

ThomasThiry

You'd think with so many re-post this one would get some attention...

I have a similar one here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Shuffle-on-all-followed-artist...

theconnman21

This would be awesome! KUDOS

xiebob

There are like 20 versions of this request in the past, but they keep being moved to inactive!

I always listened to the music in my database on shuffle, before we moved to Spotify. I like the thrill of hearing an artist I never think of, but then I am reintroduced when a song comes up on the speakers! I rarely have in mind a specific artist or album I want to hear.

Now that we've moved to Spotify, I listen to music a lot less :(. I've carefully followed the artists I love, and I would just love to have this shuffle function!

Pigmints

We need this, it is annoying to manually make a playlist with 3 or 4 sobgs of 80 or 100 artists

Kelp

It would be a brilliant implimentation, please everyone remember vote for it if you can see it would be fun! 

We spend time clicking "follow" on artists, yet have no way of actually choosing to listen to a selection of music by those artists.. seems a very obvious feature to have.

All that would be required would be a "Play" button or similar on the 'Followed Artists' page.

Implimenting that would be relatively basic, yet provide valuable functionality.

It seems obvious that countless users will see value in listening to the output of their followed artists.

(Without them having to painfully add potentially tens of thousands of tracks from the several hundred artists they follow which is a ridiculous workaround.)

SKATHRASHDUB

Yes! I would like to get Spotify premium but can't seem to make myself do it without the simple feature of being able to listen to all my followed artists on shuffle. 

Kelp

Maybe we need to take this to spotify users on social media..  because the rule here is it needs 100 votes in x time or it gets closed or something. 

There's simply not enough footfall, maybe we should post this suggestion on forums or groups where there will be many Spotify users who want this and get the required votes.  This site alone is too quiet.

nietn44kt

pleaze just add this i need it and tons of other people do too

Nextent
Support 100%