[Android][Discover] Downloading Discover Weekly for each week and removing after

Hia, 

I know that this is an endless topic but here are my two cents: 

A pinned Discover Weekly playlist with a download button that would refresh itself in the beginning of each week deleting the downloaded songs. The songs of the playlist would be added to a list that removes the songs on Monday 00:00. If the user has a song already downloaded the list would tag that song as such and not add it to the list of to be removed songs.

Adding songs to liked songs would work as it is because this is only make it easier to listen to the DiscoverWeekly list offline.

Personally I would also love the option to automate the downloading for each week, but I understand that people might not agree with me.

Updated on 2019-11-02

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first.

Keep in mind that on the Android app you can access your Discover Weekly playlist by heading on Search > Made For You or by searching with the name of the list. Once you access it, you should be able to see a Download toggle that you can switch on. This way, content will download automatically for offline use when the list is updated. You can find more information on offline content here.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)

0 Likes
Comments
Status changed to: Need more information

Updated on 2019-11-02

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting this idea, we'll just need a bit more info to understand it first.

Keep in mind that on the Android app you can access your Discover Weekly playlist by heading on Search > Made For You or by searching with the name of the list. Once you access it, you should be able to see a Download toggle that you can switch on. This way, content will download automatically for offline use when the list is updated. You can find more information on offline content here.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)