Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Discover] Play random Songs from complete Spotify Catalogue

The idea is especially for people who love music, without focusing on a special genre. An "Ultimate Shuffle Button" will pick random songs from all songs available on Spotify. You can explore songs, you might never get in touch with and learn new music - or just skip if you don't like it. This function helps you to just try out something new and find out about varieties in music.

Edit: All Audiobooks should be excluded from this function!

Updated on 2019-10-31

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea on 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement.
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks .

Comments
Tijgoo

Good idea (; 

AthulNS

This will be the best function in all of Spotify

Divad3

Try this in search *.* it works.

Rchrdnaylor
Tried that but it just gives a bunch of weird self help "soul healing"
soundscapes (unless that's what Spotify is mostly comprised of?!)
Divad3
*.*

Came up with 4 play lists for me, c u ose first one all mixed music from around the world. 34 hours long.

sOuR_mAsH

I want to be able to hit a shuffle button that creates a queue of random songs that are not necessarily in my library. Completely random.

It would be a great way to find all sorts of new stuff.

It could also work for shuffling between all songs of a certain genre.

Give me the option to find wacky stuff by accident.

dominikantoni

Spotify, I love your offer. But I would -as a music enthusiast- like to get out of my bubble sometimes. Why don't you offer me a "Super Shuffle", with which I can try out ALL the content on Spotify? That way I'm sure to find artists and genres I'd never discover otherwise, not even you (for me). Please, give me the "Super Shuffle" & Show me your true wealth!

I mean really: To have the possibility to shuffle the Spotify universe at the push of a button would be a real adventure. That would sometimes cost you your nerves, would often be a challenge, but would certainly also let you find real gems.

versatile

Like Netflixes "play anything"-button, to play randomly chosen song from all of Spotify.

kulcmas

Honestly I'm a lazy 21st century millennial and sometimes choosing what I want to listen to is too much effort. I'd love a big easy button on the homepage that just plays a bit of everything - liked songs, songs from playlists, favourite artists, most played, maybe throw in some new stuff you might like here and there too. Maybe it could even ask you how you're feeling and could just play happy music, melancholy music, energetic music, etc.

JustinLong

I want TOTALLY random music discovery, so I just want a shuffle button for ALL of the music on Spotify. Like flipping through the channels on Rick and Morty's inter dimensional TV or something like that.

All of the algorithm based discovery is awesome and I use it, but it feels like it starts to loop in on itself over time, and I want to find NEW things not based on genre, year, or whatever -- just random things that my EARs like to hear that I've never heard before. I'm fine with most of it being duds just like most of the stuff you see on TV flipping through channels not being that cool.