Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Landscape mode on Now Playing view

When using my phone in the car I put it in a car holder. The holder is horizontal in order to have better view for navigation etc. I use spotify also a lot in the car but when using the playing music I'm not able to rotate the screen but the playlists dose rotate

Comments
H_Jay

Spotify's reaction to this is just lack of customer care. Not listening to Spotify users is just the first step to the end of Spotify. Goodbye.

H_Jay

Just install an older Spotify version to ignore Spotify's way to sell Spotify Car options. Landscape mode has always worked. So it's NOT a bug, but a way to get people buying other Spotify stuff.

I don't know why Spotify wants to makes their customers angry. Just get it back and everyone'll be happy again.

flippyinvader
How did you do that?
I'm on a samsung galaxy s7
Rammstone

I have an Android player installed in my car and I decided to update Spotify today, oh my how I regret doing that. It is now sideways and basically a danger to use while driving not to mention the fact that it looks terrible.

Why would you just randomly remove landscape mode to make everybody angry? 

tipsybard

I've reinstalled the app, and landscape mode still won't work in 'Now Playing':

• moto x4
  • Android 9
  • Spotify 8.5.10.774
hdela

I'm disappointed that you classify this under 'not now'. It is really annoying, I think you underestimate the hassle. Probably you're all on phones where the play window does rotate, otherwise it would be fixed already!

It really just a ridiculous sight, especially because the app did rotate before.

I'd like to add a screenshot, but there's nothing to see, Spotify just forces the portrait mode of the scree, regardless of the position. Then you have to enter the playlist view and shake to get the screen back into landscape. 

Cedup

"and what you're seeing right now is explained here." 

What? You broke the app and want to tell us it's a feature you won't give us an eta for, because you decide what to change? 

I got the same annoying issue. Device is a S9+, too.

GregShort

So on Android, you can navigate Spotify in landscape, but when you go to the player, it is stuck in portrait.

It may seem like an odd feature request however I think it would be a nice addition, I use my phone as an infotainment system of sorts in my car, mainly as satnav, but when im not using the GPS i'd like to put Spotify on the phone and have the album art to the left of the controls that would be on the right.

For songs that have a video linked to them, this could be for portrait only and show the album art like songs without videos, or simply crop or shrink the video to fit in landscape mode.

King.png
Swana2k

I find this really frustrating as a daily Spotify user in my car. Again it is something that USED to work fine (it just auto rotated) and Spotify have removed the functionality. 

It's like they have a single vision of how the app is to be used by every member! I'm a premium member and like many others hate the new android app. 

Spotify please listen to your customers feedback! 

Swana2k

@sapasss wrote:

OK guys, today we got the answer : Spotify presented their new gadget, the Car Thing, a hardware product designed to use Spotify in a car! So in fact they did want to break the landscape function so they can sell their fukin hardware for stupid customers. Hmmm... Ok bye Spotify, as said by another user, I tried Amazon music and guess what? It has a Perfect landscape mode.

The 'Car Thing' looks shite anyway, I don't want voice activation or another cumbersome cable into the cigarette lighter!

Just reinstate landscape mode or I like many premium users I'm off!