Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Automatically save offline new Podcasts and remove completed Podcasts

Add the ability to have a podcast you follow automatically downloaded and deleted once you've listened to it all the way through.

Updated on 2022-12-20

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on all platforms. Our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible now! 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
matthewyo

Agreed with previous comments that this is the single feature holding me back from using Spotify as my cross-platform podcast app. 

StrongNoodle

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of dumping Spotify because of that lack of this fundamental feature.
It's infuriating.

StrongNoodle

After putting up with the lack of this feature for YEARS, I have finally given up on Spotify for podcasts. I have purchased a different mobile app and remove all podcasts from my Spotify account.

Now we'll see if I use the music features enough to continue to subscribe to Spotify.

AndyTowers

The ability to automate episode download & episode delete (after being played) is a fundamental function of all podcast apps...except Spotify. I would love to see this functionality for Spotify. The lack of this function is why my friends & family don't use Spotify for podcasts (& they pay for premium podcast services elsewhere).

Come on Spotify; this isn't 2015.

wildcardNS

I have reported spotify's "no screw you" reply (link here) to the mod team as inappropriate. I suggest you all do the same so we can actually get some attention on this since they won't care otherwise.

We learn from a very young age that lying is inappropriate. They're not watching how popular this request is. They want us being fed random **bleep** and "engaging" with their app. Usability isn't even on their radar.

matthewyo

Thanks, wildcardNS

Hey Spotify, this wasn't on your roadmap in 2017, how about an update on the priority of this popular request?

Arundas

Exactly how I can automatically download and keep up with all songs in a playlist including songs that maybe added to it in the future, I want to be able to download and keep up with all episodes in a podcast including episodes that will be added in the future. If you think about it, regularly updated podcasts benefit more from such an automatic download system than fixed music playlists.

Please, we need this right now, not "not right now". I'm a premium subscriber paying for the ability to download. Also, please don't treat podcasts as second class citizens in your audio library. They should have the same feature benefits music that playlists have.

(PS: Have you thought of bringing audiobooks to the platform?)

mikepegg2

cmon...

jmgoulding16

Seems silly to spend all this money gathering podcasts to the service, but not have a simple feature like this that all the other podcast services currently have.  Guess I'll continue listening on Apple.

Pinesprinz

It would be nice if, on followed podcasts there were a automated download Button.

Like on Netflix with smart download.

You follow a podcast switch the auto download button on. An the first unheard and Uploaded episode will be downloaded. After every complete episode the next will be downloaded, the old one will be deleted.

Only on followed Podcasts