Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Community][Other] Add "remove video podcast content" option to Spotify Family

Please add an option to "remove video content" to Spotify Family! Since video podcasts were added, my children now watch videos on Spotify instead of listening to music.  I had given them unlimited access to Spotify (unlike other apps) because it was only used for music.  

All you'd have to do is add another toggle for "remove video podcast content" next to "Remove explicit content".

Spotify Kids is not an option for us.  My children are teens and tweens.  And because they're teens and tweens, they have a very difficult time turning off compelling video content (just like some adults).  If Spotify becomes just another screen to stare at, I'm not sure we want to keep our Family membership.

Updated on 2023-02-24

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
AlejaR
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2022-12-04

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Awesomeness5094

family plan owners should have the ability to turn off video podcasts

Katerpillar

This absolutely needs implementing. I found my 11yo watching videos of violent video games with a lot of swearing. The option to disable videos must be put in place immediately. I don't disable explicit content because a lot of good music contains swearing. I do have issues however with an hour of "blast his f***ing head off". 

Smccroskey002

The vote nonsense is manipulated. This issue is scattered across multiple message threads. I’ve subscribed to Apple Music and plan to terminate my Spotify membership since Spotify feels it’s necessary to allow inappropriate video content to be available to my kids. Unacceptable and I hope more people vote with their dollars. 

Audiobit

Same here.

Dear Spotify. Need for limiting screen time for kids is not new anymore. Many platform try to increase this as being addictive it keeps users (kids) longer attached to screen (app) is it really what you want?

Parents who will not be able to control it in the app will be forced to remove Spotify app from kids phones an ultimately family plan is pointless.

In last 2hours i found couple of dozens of people talking about it since couple of months it in deferent places some in help section. Please do not concider it new idea.

To all reading this: please share the link with friends and ask for voting!

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2023-02-24

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Eveline1

This option is essential for us, as well as for other parents we've spoken about it. The reason the kids get unlimited acces to spotify is that they can just listen to music here. If these videos stay, without option to disable it in the family plan, we will absolutely cancel our subscription. 

gmenhard

This is an absolute necessary feature. This really lets me think about leaving spotify after almost 10 years. Please don't let this happen.

the-wro

This is an absolute must have. The Spotify Kids app is simply not usable for children over the age of 4. It doesn't even have all the episodes of popular children's radio plays that are available in the normal Spotify app. In addition, the UI/UX design is a single disaster.

os7_761-nputo

Urgently needed indeed. After learning that I cannot limit video exposure with a family account I'm starting to look for other streaming providers that do allow that.

I find it very much a pity that Spotify is not implementing this / has not yet implemented this. Should be a simple enough task to add this into a kids account (w/o limiting anything else, just stop videos!)