Announcements

[Desktop][Browse] When re-entering a playlist after leaving, remain in the same spot

Hi everyone!

I used to rely heavily on the desktop app remembering where you left a certain playlist.

eg.: I'm at the bottom of Playlist A, I quickly go to Playlist B, then I click on Playlist A again and it opens at the bottom, where I last was positioned in this playlist.

With the new UI, every time you enter a playlist it puts you at the top. This is a major inconvenience for me, for sorting and playlist-making reasons.

EDIT: This seems to be the case in playlists, on artist pages and generally the whole app. A related problem is also that when you search a song, click it and then clear the filter, you jump back to the top instead of seeing the song you highlighted (thanks to @brian for pointing tis out.

This could be just a little hick-up since the UI changed, but I hope this is resolved soon!

Thanks!

Comments
maeveynot
Regular

Please! This has completely ruined editing for me.

cx-hlt_j7976s

This needs to be fixed soon. It's one of the most important features of the old Spotify versions that's been completely removed/broken.

TheBigBadPanda
Visitor

I also miss this.

Brian
Roadie

Yes, the position on pages, products and playlists are no longer when exiting them and returning. Maybe the "idea" should include all scenarios?

Also when using the search/filter function within a playlist you are no longer moved to the position of the track (you start playing/highlight) after clearing the filter. You stay in top of page and have to scroll and look for the track (making the search/filter function useless). Is there an "idea" in place for this as well?

andrewlistens

I agree, please please add this back.

Opportunist
Roadie

Just tested and confirmed it doesn't even return to the location if you are currently PLAYING a track in that playlist.

This definitely needs to be fixed.

Margip
Regular

@brian thanks, I added it to the idea, I hope I explained it correctly.