Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Linux] Artist URIs do not redirect to artist page

[Linux] Artist URIs do not redirect to artist page

So I'm on Ubuntu with the Snap install of Spotify. I like using the website everynoise.com which uses Spotify URI links to launch an artist page in Spotify, but Spotify doesn't like to bring me to the artist page unless I do this edit. So I find myself repeatedly making this small edit, and I wonder if it could just be made part of the official release.

Edit the file "/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/spotify_spotify.desktop" Change the end of line 7

from this: /snap/bin/spotify %U

to this: /snap/bin/spotify --uri=%U

ok, thanks

4 Replies

Updated on 2020-10-07

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I've found this related thread and I'd like that you double-check if it covers the issue you're experiencing and if you want to go ahead with the idea.

Keep me posted!

Kind Regards, 

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Cheers!

I can confirm this happening to me as well.
Spotify from Snap - 1.1.42.622.gbd112320 on Ubuntu Focal

I've also noticed that clicking on the Spotify logo on any play button in the Community will open the web player AND also the prompt on where to open the link (only option is Spotify). The web player shows me the album or playlist, the desktop client which also opened, shows me the home page.

everynoise.com has the URI address attached to artists so this will open the desktop client only. It's a problem when the opened client stays on homepage instead of taking the user to the artist page.

The proposed fix (--uri=%U) works marvellously and the desktop app will now take me to artist pages, playlists or albums.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi everyone, 

We want to let you know that we'll be moving this thread back to our Linux board, as we don't officially support the platform and thus don't have a way of monitoring if and when a fix will be issued.

Nevertheless, we assure you that the right folks, who are very passionate about Linux and are also the ones that keep porting our updates to the OS, have been notified of this.

Cheers! 

Suggested posts