Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Playlists] Merge / Add a Playlist to another Playlist

It would be great to combine playlists together. With the option to avoid multiples of the same track(s) along with a prompt to confirm the addition of one playlist to another. 

Updated on 2023-05-04

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop.

You just need to select the playlist, then choose the option  "Add to other playlist" > and add it to the desired playlist.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
selanus

You should do this now!

poopscoopdoop

Why the **bleep** did y'all remove this lol

Tennysoncr

I propose the ability to add all songs from a playlist of your own or the playlist library on spotify with one click. Currently the easiest way to do this is to create the new playlist and select all the songs from the one you are looking to duplicate (only on desktop) and add them to the new playlist. However, I think there should be an option to add all songs from a playlist to another similar to how you can add all songs from an album to any playlist. 

mwg9

I came to make this same suggestion, it is beyond tedious having to merge an entire playlist worth of songs one by one on the mobile app. I have given up on trying to make playlists on the go.

We seriously need this.

Elizabeth_Holla

On YouTube Music you can press ... (but vertical) and it will say add to playlist. I can add for example; Taylor Swift’s Red album to my “Cool Vibe” playlist with the push of one button instead of added each song individually. It gets tedious and annoying.

Flanstario1

it would be nice to study this feature now. So, you are studying this feature there would need an option when merging between playlists saving the added dates from the new playlist to the old playlist.

why not now ?  this idea must be studied now and it has reached more than 1300 votes.

coke187

They should at least tell us why they won't implement this most basic, most requested functionality. Without this, it is impossible to make playlists on the go.

Flanstario1

Hey The team Spotify,

when go you work this idea ?  

The people are getting impatient to have this feature.

Mihail
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2021-07-16

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Given that this idea has been submitted a long time ago and after reviewing it again, even though it is interesting, we don't have any immediate plans to implement this.

Keep in mind that you can still copy over one playlist to another by using ctrl+a, ctrl+c and ctrl+v in the new playlist. A duplicate warning pop-up should appear for items already in there.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.