Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms][Podcasts] Add comments to podcasts!

I’ve been listening to Podcasts for a year or two now and one of the biggest components of a great podcast is the comment section.

This is vital for a podcasts success because the comment section is where a podcasts community can connect with each other, which gives the podcast a little bit of flavor

If Spotify can add a comment section to its podcasts page, then it will most definitely kill YouTube podcasting and give you guys most of the market share 😉

and i know you guys love market share

Updated on 2023-02-04

Hey, again! It looks like your suggestion is back to the road, cool! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' again. See you all on the next mark...
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @user-removed!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

bhoomi_arora

Spotify has brought forward some of the best podcasts from across the world to our devices, opening us up to a host of opportunities.

It signed an exclusive deal with Ranveer Allahbadia in India and with other creators from across the world too!
It would be amazing if there was a comments section in it too wherein people could rate the episode and drop in their 2 cents about it. It only increases the value of the podcast. 

Would love to have access to that feature someday. 🙂

bendy303

Title says it all. Especially for podcasts, where discussion enlivens the topics you just heard. Often comments are a source of expanded information and new perspectives. This is why I still prefer YouTube for podcasts. It's a pity I cannot see the discussion around Rogans podcasts.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Benedict

Gupta

Listening 3 hour podcasts feels lonely. Adding comments section would be really nice!

maru9090

I listen to podcasts on daily basis and sometimes have opinions that I would love to share, and I would also appreciate seeing what other users think on the subject- I suggest a "comments" section on each podcasts so users can comment and interact with each other and the person who uploaded the podcast

QuéPutas

We have a podcast and would like to be able to communicate and hear our audience.

Currently this is impossible on Spotify, there's a big disconnect between podcasters and people that are listening. We can't see or hear what people are thinking about each episode or the whole podcast, so it seems as if we're posting content into a void, although we know that's not the case.

People would actually love to participate and share their thoughts.

MRKUS

The ability to share your opinion on a podcast should be easy. Adding a comment section will create a better user experience, because of a community feeling, which could rival YouTube's.

Economics:

Because of the lack of a comment section, Spotify is losing user time to Twitter* and Discord. A comment section similar to YouTube would be very successful and increase user engagement, leading to a higher CLV, which causes an elevated RPU.

*eg. Mom's Basement

HomePod-support

I like Joe Rogan and his podcast, but one of the great things about his podcast on youtube, were the comments. They were just hilarious to read and really added a community feeling towards to podcast. 

Now its missing, and its a big miss! I am still looking up on youtube to read the comments. 

So please add commenting options. Thanks.

Luan
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2022-02-10

Hey! Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.
We've been keeping an eye on this submission for an extended period of time, and it doesn't seem this will reach the votes necessary to put it forward for prioritization.
As such, we're marking this case as closed. This includes any similar suggestions that are received.

If we do have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

More information about it can be found here.

Thanks for your comprehension! 

1AVELINO9

Hey,

I’m Avelino and I’m a huge fan of music and also listen to a lot podcasts.

Since I listen to a lot of podcasts I think would be really great to have a Comments section under each episode for people to make questions, share their thoughts and build a community at the end of the day.

People who make podcasts usually use other platforms to this but why not Spotify if we have an Account with Name and Profile Image.

Share me your thoughts on this.