Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Shuffle by Album

Simple enough concept:  Shuffle by albums instead of by tracks, for those of us who prefer full-album listening.

Should function at least within playlists and the play queue.  Perhaps it could also work in radio mode.

Updated on 2019-10-27

Hey folks,
We really appreciate so many of you coming to the Community, adding your votes and comments to this idea!
We're keeping this idea at 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. 
If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.
Thanks.

Comments
Spritzido
I’ve been keeping track of this feature for many years.

Spotify won’t do it because they make too much money from the auto play radio playlists and an album shuffle wild force listens away from content they have negotiated the best rights for.

Sucks but that’s the kind of company they are.
bamjuggler

Please add this feature. Not having it is one of the reasons I don't use Spotify as much as I could.

Haisom

Hey, I have a very similar idea that you guys might wanna check out! 
The core essence is meant for Desktop software but can also be applied for all platforms if well done.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Playlists-Shuffle-A-new-shuffling-method/idi-p/5...

filibuster

Under the saved albums section, there ought to be a shuffle button that selects an album at random to play through in chronological order. I have hundreds of albums saved and it would be really nice to be able to have Spotify pick one at random just as with songs in playlists/liked songs.

BassGeek

One day, maybe Spotify will catch up with the capabilities of 1990 CD players, 1998 WinAmp, or 2001 iPod.

Wattoson
Haha yeah, I'm not a member anymore. I started using MusicBee for all my
files and it's great!

Valdehita

Spotify por favor necesitamos poder reproducir aleatoriamente entre todas nuestras listas de nuestra biblioteca, canciones aleatorias entre todos nuestros álbumes creados.

Por favor🙏🏼

Terraplane

Why not right now? A lot of people want it, it can’t be that hard to program (iTunes 1 had it), why not just take a good suggestion and implement it?

docvalentine
because if you listened to a whole album you'd be giving 5-10 plays to one
artist and they wouldn't be able to round down as easily and pay everyone
nothing
Dmitrу

Any update on this very basic and essential feature that's still missing?