[Other] Please stop the ads with car honking in them

Hi Spotify,

Please eliminate the ads with car horns/honking in them. Or at least edit the clip to remove those sounds. It is a safety issue affecting the mental health and well-being of listeners (from previous posts, it is startling and fear-inducing for both pedestrians and drivers listening to Spotify).

Apparently this problem has been around since 2015.  I heard the ad today, on the app,  1/2/19. When I did a quick search of the word “honking” in the community boards, one update said this issue was addressed in 2017

(https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/All-Platforms-Other-Do-not-make-ads-with-car-horn...)

Please look into this ad again since it is still playing and there are still posts from 2018 about it. Thanks for reading, and I hope this gets resolved soon.

Comments
tmanbez
Regular

Pay for Premium? lol

Narnia5
Casual Listener

@tmanbez wrote:

Pay for Premium? lol

I only listen to Spotify about 2-3 times a week. So... I don’t think it is worth paying premium.  Anyways, no one should have to be exposed to hazardous advertisements. Thank you for reading my post :)

meikaelaeinen

I have never encountered those ads on Spotify,  although sometimes when I've heared a car horn on radio when I'm driving a car. I've thought there should never be those kinds of sounds on radio since they can cause dangerous situations when drivers are distracted, trying to figure out who honked.