Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Other] Remove Limited Private Messages

[Other] Remove Limited Private Messages

To be honest, I don't know where this idea falls.

The current issue with voting on ideas is that old votes get discarded and never moved to a new idea when it is marked as "active" and an older idea marked as "inactive." Meaning votes have to start all over again and users aren't notified of the new vote in progress.

Because of this, I had taken it upon myself to find all the older users who supported the old & now inactive idea and privately messaging them with the new link to the new voting page. I'm not spamming them with side material or self-promo. I was limiting myself to 2 users every other day or so in hopes I wouldn't trip alarms, but today Spotify stopped me from sending more messages and said I reached my private message limit - what and why?!

I'm not doing anything malicious!!! I'm only trying to fix this broken voting system. And so far anyone I've sent a message to has been well received, which leads me to think I was stopped because you don't want us voting on this idea.

The idea I'm speaking of has been posted tons of times and has received a ton of likes/votes over the past couple of years but every time it's marked inactive.

6 Replies

Hey @DonnieDarkOh,

We have some more info to share with you.

We did some more digging and we can confirm that there shouldn't be a limit on the amount of Private messages you can send, but you might have hit a frequency limit.  This is why we have moved your suggestion from Ideas to our Help boards. Hope you don't mind!

If you're still experiencing this, could you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting and give this a try in a different browser to see if it goes better for you.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've chatted with my "friend" on here, and it's quite useful using the Spotify community chatting feature. We've been chatting for a day now.

Unfortunately, while I try to send messages, it tells me soething along the lines of "You have reached the max limits to private message," and it annoys me a lot, since my "friend" starts to worry, and although we've maintained something- sending something every 4 minutes or so I find this inconvenient. Maybe y'all could make it so it would be more like Discord, or Instagram Direct messages.

Also, I find that the space between each message is quite disturbing, since I have to scroll up and down to see his messages, so it would be tremendously helpful if that was removed.

Third, I wish the message box didn't have so many buttons like fonts, because not many people use them, but I suppose there are peole who find it useful so maybe something like the option to hide the buttons?

Fourth, I feel like there should be a system like other chatting softwares where whenever you send a message it just sends it, and not load the page completely, like Discord perhaps.

Yes, the chatting feature on here is at least something, and I shouldn't complain, but I feel like it would be a much more pleasant experience with more enhancements.

I'm sure the Spotify team (?) is working hard on everything and may not have time to do this or this suggestion/idea could be impractical, or difficult to conduct, and I understand that, but hopefully this goes under consideration.

Best regards,

Ayu

Are you chatting with someone here on the forum? Or are you talking about the desktop app? I thought private messages were removed from the desktop app like five years ago.

I'm talking about the private messages, and I'm confused about the "desktop app," I'm talking about the chatting feature on Spotify Community

Same issue encountered here.

I'm not spamming or doing anything malicious as well.

May I know what kind of frequency limit there is, and when I can do PM again?

Hey @bittergod!

The restrictions are set and detected automatically by the system and are defined from a multitude of factors, which we're unable to share in detail. If you get the message again, it's best you wait a bit and try refreshing the page in about 15 to 30 min. In the meantime, it's also worth clearing your browser's cache and cookies.

The Community is always here if something else comes up.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts