Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search for Episodes Within a Podcast Show

Allow users to search for an epidose within a specific podcast show only, similar to searching for a song within a playlist. 

Updated on 2023-01-06

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on mobile (for both Android & iOS users). You can find "Find in this show" feature on the top of the screen when you're on the Podcast page. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Noah
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-27

Hey there, thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange! I’ve marked this as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here 🙂

Jmt3

You should be able to have a search bar within the podcasts page that you can search for guests it had on by name or ideas discussed. This search bar would only search within the podcast page.  Give me a job folks!!

Alessandrogonus

Yes i completely agree, its a vast library, being able to find videos of a particular guest is essential.

tmetcalf44

I would enjoy this too!
Some of my favorite podcasts (like Joe Rogan) have so many episodes, I would like the ability to search for a particular episode or guest.
Thank you -
Toby

JcJitsu

YES PLEASE. Can you imagine scrolling through over 10,000 podcast episodes in one individual podcast just to find one episode that you're actually looking for in terms of topic/content? Nobody has time for that, and to my knowledge, no podcast service has done this. It is a no brainer. This needs more votes.

MatthewHeese

Yeah, screw the developers. This idea has been suggested for years; yet because of the obscurity of trying to find a new idea the moderators will often close the idea before it can gain any ground. I've been looking around all day for this feature and all I've found is a bunch of 'dead' ideas because the the idea didn't get enough likes in time. Again, love the idea, fully support it, screw the moderators. Sorry for being a bit bitter.

Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-09-10

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

We've also made some changes in the text to make your idea more inclusive and readable for everyone. We hope you don't mind 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

vbrown022

This feature is absolutely needed. When you are listening to a podcast that has 1000+ episodes such as JRE the idea of scrolling through hundreds of episodes to find the one you want is the absolute worst UX there is. If you spent over 100 million dollars for JRE at least give the tools to your users to find the content they want.

sbaas79

I don't understand why this isn't a user-friendly feature yet. I saw on other, closed, ideas that it requires at least 100 Kudos to be considered. I don't know what these Kudos are specifically, but if you follow popular podcasts like JRE, the Jocko Podcast or some other show with a lot of episodes, the lack of a filter or a search function specifically for that show is a big omission.

For example, the JRE has a lot of Fight Companion shows. If you use the Search function from the main Spotify menu, there's no way all the episodes would show up and the one you're specifically looking for would be a royal pain in the behind to find. Expecting users to scroll through a list of approximately 1600-1700 episodes seems pretty counter intuitive.

The filter function is already in place for your playlists, would it not be possible to transfer that function to Podcast shows, maybe with a little code tweaking?

Lakersfankb81

This is a standard feature anywhere else. 

After acquiring such a large library of Podcasters and moving all of their content here, Spotify is failing to provide a platform for customers that is intuitive and easy to use. Get with it!