Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Search within all Playlists

Often, I'd like to find a song within one of my saved playlists.  I have a few playlists with over a thousand songs and this becomes difficult.  If I really want to listen to a certain song, I end up doing a general search, but then I have to go back to my playlist to continue listening there.  I'd like to be able to search within a playlist and then continue listening from that playlist.

Updated on 2019-09-19

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks

Comments
gugionut

The current 'Search in playlist' implementation actually filters the whole playlist so if your search result is only 1 song and you hit play then that song will continue to play forever.

Most of the time users search in their playlists so that they are able to start playback from a certain song. Searching in a playlist should not filter songs and should not create a filtered subset of songs from the searched playlist and add it to the now playing queue when one of the searched results is played.

Searching within a playlist should just allow users to start playback from a certain song in that playlist and that's it.

RaresWu

^ Exactly!

bosi

I think it is time for Spotify to reconsider this suggestion. Or is this thread "closed" with the current answer?

Mr_Mayhem

I just came to suggest this same idea pretty much. An unrestricted search of our library/playlists.

Like if I have a few Weeknd songs but in different playlists but in the mood to listen to his music. It would be nice to go to my library hit the search bar and type Weeknd and then see all the songs from my playlists that he's in come up in the search instead of absolutely 0 results...

bosi

Thank you, last time I checked (a few years ago) I did not find a program that could do the job. This one seem close, but I see that it suffers from speed limitations in the spotify API. It didn't work to compare a few playlists with 10,000 songs in them, it crashed. It will continue evaluate it.

djmtype

@slipstream422 That web app does not allow you to search for a single song within ALL your playlists at once only one playlist at a time which Spotify already allows you to do on desktop by pressing CMD or CTRL + F to find the song within the playlist.

Treml71
In the search field, today it is possible to filter on best results, artist, music, playlist and others. The filter option also for playlist created in the profile, would help in the search. We often want to know which playlist we have that song or artist on.

tina-bobina

The most frustrating thing in the world. I have so many playlists with different moods, and if I think of one song and its in one playlist, then I would want to the other songs that are related. I can search and find songs in other random people's playlist but not my own??? SO ANNOYING AND NOT THAT HARD TO DO!!!! Just add this feature, please.

Bradicalone72

I have tracks in several  large playlists. When track is playing I would like to locate it in available playlists in my account. Not just the playlist, but where it’s seated within. “Find track” > drop menus of available playlists it’s in>to location of current track. 

chipbite

violet.guru seems to be offline. So now we are out of luck again... 😞

No search all my playlists anymore.