Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Music] Tag Music

It'd be awesome to be able to add my own tags to all of my songs in playlists, so I can easily and specifically sort my songs how I like.

Should be a pretty simple tool to implement.

Thanks

Updated on 2018-10-05

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea!

We're keeping this idea as 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks.

Comments
john_n_charee

I'm finding that I'm using Spotify less now for this very reason. It won't be long and I'll be using something else. 

Zweggie

It would be really useful if you could give tags to certain songs yourself, like bass, old, new, with friends etc. You do have to give every song a certain tag but if you have a very large playlist you could potentially filter it with your tags, so you can listen to a certain type of song. For instance, you filter your playlist with the tags: party, for with friends. Then you get every song that you gave that tag. I know that you can just put your songs in a playlist named 'bass', but you would get a problem if you wanted bass songs from the 90's instead of bass songs of 2021. I think this would be great because it would be a lot easier to get your specific songs. Thank you! 🙂

felipepelaquim

Oh please implement this! I love this feature on Last.FM to be honest! Would love to see it on Spotify. 

Could be a turn on/off thing. 

ivanmrub

It would be awesome if there was a feature that allowed me to add as many labels as I wish for each of my songs with personalized labels just like you do with a Trello card for example. That would not only allow me to filter by one specific label (creating sort of a playlist) but also combining labels for an even more specific selection of songs based on the labels I have created and assigned to my songs.

You're welcome 😉

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-23

Hello @ivanmrub and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

danielhermar

Heyy yeah, I was looking for something like this.

Complementary, what i was thinking is the option to kinda merge playlists. I'd hate to have a so extensive library, so maybe have a "temporary" one. If i have "happy" and "80's" playlists, if both have a song, then it goes to the temporary playlist. It'd be great. Sometimes you need those exact songs, not an entire playlist. 

okaybuddy_

Allow users to label songs in order to better support the algorithm. The current algorithm for myself is weak, but taking songs and being able to label songs similar to how Shazam labels songs with the type of instrumental, the vibe, etc. would be very beneficial in relation to the enjoyment of the user.

Alex
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-10-10

Hello @okaybuddy_,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

BenediktAlkin

I wanted this feature as well and took the time to implement it using the Spotify API.

It's not as good as if Spotify would support it, but I've used it to great success so far.

The application is freely available at https://github.com/BenediktAlkin/SongTaggerForSpotify

It supports adding tags to songs, creating playlists from one or multiple tags and also combining playlists with many other operations (filter by artist, filter untagged songs, combine playlists, ...). A demonstration of how to use it can be found here https://youtu.be/TM9wBnZ6so4

Conchas

@BenediktAlkin this looks absolutely amazing!
Must give it a try!! 😀