Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile] Lyrics on Mobile

Hi there!

It would be nice if i could see the lyrics at the same time or the least have some sort of access to it.Smiley Happy

Updated on 2021-11-18

Hey folks,

Thanks for your feedback on the Lyrics feature. We’ve heard you and we’re happy to announce Lyrics are here!

You can find Lyrics on Free and Premium for users across iOS and Android devices, desktop, gaming consoles, and TV.

To learn more about the roll out and how to access lyrics, view this announcement.

Cheers!

Comments
mkygod

Amazon Prime music also has it as well, and that comes free with Prime.

Look, we're not asking for some revolutionary feature or an implementation of a novel idea. All we are asking is for you to bring back a feature that you already had many years ago.

hlaraujo

I think that the worst part is that since past June/July, some people do have it and Spotify keeps saying that it is an experimental feature, so you might or might not have it enabled. So yeah, for a year now your friend might have this basic feature while you just keep on waiting. Now, I really don't see why isn't this a thing, since the desktop app already has it for everyone.

mvm5

I definitely think that Spotify is superior to Apple Music, but literally the only thing keeping Spotify from being #1 is the fact that they don't have lyrics for each song. Put lyrics up and advertise that new addition and watch how bigger the platform will become.

Rehnn

I constantly want to read the lyrics of a new song. I hate going to the internet to find the lyrics. Also sometimes it hard to hear what’s being said so you have to look up the lyrics online. My friend has Apple Music and you can see the lyrics as the song is playing and it follows along. It would be nice if you were also able to do that on Spotify as well. I know that there’s stuff like “Behind the Lyrics” where they show you the lyrics and what they mean, but even then, you’re missing like half of the lyrics, you could also try connecting 3rd party apps like MusixMatch to your Spotify account (which is a good app btw), but then it always asks you to sign up for Premium.

Sean213

Hi,

I think Spotify have to add lyrics.

I know there’s ‘behind the lyrics’, but this functionality does not offer the complete lyrics. (Btw I don’t understand why)

That’s why I think adding a complete lyrics window is a great idea. 
Let’s remind a lot of music streaming services have this functionality.

You can either add a simple lyrics window, or lyrics that follow the song (like ‘behind the lyrics’)

ehsanagh

As User of Spotify, I really think that I have to consider testing other platforms and switch to something else Like Youtube Music or Amazon Music since spotify is not going to support on such cases.

carlos-ruiz

Zero feedback from spotify on this topic since 2019-09-20.

+2988 votes, an obvious feature that spotify had in past but it was dropped.

The number of songs in catalog means now nothing because all the providers offer almost the same stuff, so the market moved just to the features, and spotify seems to be far behind the others on the lyrics.

danidandan

I've seen a few of my friends' spotify account and apl wherein "LYRICS" show beside the title of the song's title and the whole lyrics of the song can be seen in the app. Been waiting for months for that update on my account but still haven't gotten it. Please help me fix it. Thanks. 

Brimil7

Yes!!! We want lyrics already! Apple Music has lyrics! I love Spotify and have been using it for years but not having lyrics is making me want to switch to Apple Music.

Bailey3

For years now all I’ve wanted is to be able to read the lyrics live time on Spotify. I don’t want to know the details behind a song. That’s something I can Google later if I REALLY like an artist or song. Sometimes even the facts Genius offers about a song kinda ruins my image of what I thought it means. I just want live time lyrics like Apple Music!