Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Connect] Change volume from apple watch

[iOS][Connect] Change volume from apple watch

Hi Team,

Actually I'm writing this mail not for a new idea. I'm writing this because I noticed that I am not able to change music volume directly from Spotify app using Apple Watch when using HomePod.

I have Spotify installed on my Apple Watch and my Iphone XS Max is connected to my HomePod, however I noticed that is not possible change volume directly from Spotify app from my Watch. Alternatively I have to switch to now playing so then I am able to change it.

If I am using another Bluetooth speaker I can change volume normally through the app using Watch.

Do you guys have any idea why I can't change volume if I am connected to HomePod ?

Thank You

William Dos Reis Ferreira

4 Replies

I am having the exact same issue as you. It doesn't work when connected to my HomePod. It does the same thing in all listening scenarios though for me. Not sure what that is about. I restarted both devices and that hasn't solved anything. At this point I just give up on Apple and especially allowing Spotify to be compatible on its IOS devices. It took this long for them to get Siri to work with Spotify on IOS. It still doesn't work for the HomePod because it hasn't been updated yet. So far the HomePod is still a non-portable, non-bluetooth wireless smart speaker that still has to be plugged in and connected to wifi and doesn't accept voice commands with Apple's competative music services. 

All remote controls but volume works when using apple watch. I can change device, play, stop, next... but using the dial to change the volume has no effect. Can we fix this please?

Doing the same from the iphone works, but not from the watch.

The spotify connect device is a marantz receiver, latest model and with firmwave updated but i am sure that this bug is on the watch side.

Hey all,

Certain third party devices require you to change certain playback settings on the device itself.

This can include settings like Volume and the Equalizer.

Hope this explains. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Thanks but it didn’t 

Suggested posts