Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Select default sound device for Spotify Connect

Currently Spotify defaults to using the default sound device when launched, it would be neat if you could choose which sound device you want to use instead in the options screen.

Thanks

Updated on 2023-08-23

Hey everyone,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on the Community and showing your support to this idea.

We're setting this idea to 'Not Right Now', as this isn't something we have any immediate plans to implement. If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Take care.
Comments
awdemuth

Killtux - let's not get fancy here, they haven't even implemented the base feature yet :). But as my grandmother said "If you need a dollar, ask for five because you'll always get less than you asked for"

Shabooiken

I'm a new Spotify user, and I'm loving it this far, however it really peeves me that it lacks this seemingly basic option. I see I'm not alone, and hopefully they'll fix this little oversight soon.

tech_dog_sd

90% of the time I want the same listening device I used last time.   I only listen through two devices.    Every time I start Spotify on a phone or tablet I have to go though the many-step process of reconnecting to one of those two devices, combing through a long list of other devices I'd never consider.

This seems a table-stakes feature.  

xinix

When I am home, I listen to Spotify almost exclusively through my audio system, using a Raspberry running a Spotify Connect daemon. Every time I leave my house, the phone disconnects from the Raspberry and when I get home I need to reconnect again. It would be so much nicer if I could 'favourite' a Spotify Connect device and have the phone automatically reconnect to it when it is available (maybe link it to the Wifi ESSID).

Luan
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2021-02-03

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion!

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

Elena
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2021-02-04

Hey @xinix,

Thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new idea. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

boulderskies

i apologize if this feature already exists...

i would like to be able to have Spotify Connect connect to the last Device I used during the last session.

osornios
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-04-30

Hey @xinix 

Your Idea has been submitted a while ago, and unfortunately hasn't gathered enough votes (50 votes within 3 months) to keep it active in the Exchange. Be sure to know that this does not mean that your Idea has been declined by Spotify.

Don't worry, your Idea will still be able to gain more votes, and may get a Live Idea status if it receives enough of them.

For more info on how the Ideas Board works, click here. 🙂

_zfgp90te-tn9

When using the desktop client, we can select the listening device.
In my case, I would never want to play on 'This computer', but rather on of the other connected devices.

_zfgp90tetn9_0-1627458943881.png

Whenever I restart & don't already have music playing. The client won't remember that the last time i was playing music was on the other device. 

I have to manually select the other device each time.

I would rather configure a default listening device.

when configured it would automatically select and start playing on the configured default device. Instead of having to select that device manually.

juzim

Please don't course this issue again, this is such a basic use case.