Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Keep lyrics up at all times

I like having the lyrics accessible, and having to swipe up and click lyrics is a pain. Instead of the album cover, it would be awesome to have the option to have the lyrics there instead!

Updated on 2023-05-01

Hey! It looks like your suggestion is growing up fast and it's amazing! We are going to change its status to 'Good Suggestion' now and we hope it continues being supported by more and more users.
Thanks again for your suggestion. We really appreciate it 🙂

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Trick2gcr

I like having the lyrics on the screen, I don't like the fact that I have to swipe up every time it goes to the next song. I wish there was a way to keep the lyrics on the screen even after it changes the song. Thanks

osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-07-09

Marked as new idea.

After start a new song, the lyrics aren't shown automatically. We need to click on "lyric" for each song.

I was washing the dishes and let my cellphone on window to see the lyrics, then I noticed it. My hands were wet.

Luan
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2020-08-14

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. We've marked this as a new idea.
Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

We've also made some changes in the title to make it more clear.

More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found here.

Jose_M
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello @Trick2gcr!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

aktddsilva

Keep the lyrics screen on even if the next song is displayed. Because some people want it on always so they can sing along. This will be more convenient than always pressing the lyrics to make it full screen especially on the mobile app.

giotwtw

yes sir

Eni
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2021-08-08

Hello and thanks for submitting your idea to the Idea Exchange!

We've gone ahead and marked this as a new suggestion. Spotify Staff will look into this idea once it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Cheers!

Luan
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-11-05

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos yet. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to continue sharing it to get more kudos. Folks can still add their votes and comments in order to support it.

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here.

amour

Since Spotify has added back lyrics, I think that there should be an options as to where you can just keep the lyrics open no matter how many songs has passed. And when you want to close the lyrics out you can. I feel like this would really be a good tool to have in the app.