Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Developer] Please enable saving of libraries to account before reinstalling the app

[iOS][Developer] Please enable saving of libraries to account before reinstalling the app

My Spotify app has stopped playing songs from my playlists in the order I arranged them. Switching the automix option off in settings does not help.

Support tells me to reinstall the app, but admits I would lose my music libraries, which I would have to restore in the reinstalled version manually. 
It is not a new idea, but it is a long-standing problem Spotify has to solve. I spent years compiling my playlists and, even if I took screenshots, it would take long hours or even days to redownload my favourite songs manually.
Other users on fora suggested that the libraries should be saved in the user’s account, not just the particular version of the app, which later starts malfunctioning.

Until this is done, the prospect of having to reinstate my music libraries manually puts me off reinstalling the app. 

1 Reply

Hey there @MW50,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Keep in mind that the only content that will be deleted when reinstalling the app are your downloaded playlists and podcasts, which you'll need to download again after doing this process. Your playlists and liked songs will not be affected by this. 

In case you're still experiencing issues with the app, we'd recommend following the steps in this guide to perform a clean reinstall. 

Hope this helps clearing things up. The Community will be here if you need anything else.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts